We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
Hail Guest! Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Where are players going to now a days since Despise was revamped for your Spined leather? I been trying various place but doesnt yield nearly enough that despise used to for me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Ratmen, lizard men, giant serpents, alligators..... I recently went around the small island off bucs den and valor island, and serpents hold and killed all the giant serpents and alligators on those islands. Respawn isn't too great but if you just go from one to the other it keeps you busy.
1. Ratmen cave at Sacrifice.
2. Giant Serpents in the cavern between Level 1 Destard and the ramp down to level 2 (you can get bones and horned leather there as well, and the dragons rarely wander in there).
3. Valor, Amoeba and Bald islands for Giant Serpents and alligators.
4. first level Rikktor, Barracoon or Semidar (imps give spined too) spawns in Ilshenar (use butcher's war cleaver to cut leather directly into your backpack, and BoS it back when full - spawn will keep you hopping). Also, 3rd stage Oaks Spawn (Centaurs). The normal centaur spawn north of Mistas is good as well, and either centaur spawn will allow you to farm arrows at the same time.
5. One of the slith types gives spined, and I think at least one boura type does as well.
I used the Lizard man camp in Ilshenar. took my newbie warrior down there with a skinning knife and bag of sending and got about 4k hides. It was not super fast but I was using a npc bought skinning knife because I was also trying to build skill. If you took an enhanced one you could make quick work of them. respawn is ok and once you've cleared it out you can walk into the swamp and kill giant toads and aligators until they respawn.
I thought I was going to be a smarty pants and find a rather obscure but productive spawning point for spined leather and report back to you all for a deserved pat on the back.
On venturing into Sanctuary however I soon discovered that my target Chiikkaha the Toothed gives only normal leather, despite being a ratman mage. In Felucca he gives 20 hides to a human using a harvester's blade.
Unfortunately this wasn't the worst part of my trip. As I had sipped a few ales that evening I decided to kill the whole dungeon for wasting my time. Everything killed me. The Orc Brute, The arrow firing machine, a succubus, an entire horde of Moug-Guur's best buddies, and of course the insta-death spikes.
I'm sure Chiikkaha must be good for something as he respawns instantly, but he and his toothy grin had the last laugh on me on my drunken leather hunting trip.
Okay I've done a bit of spined gathering and other than Felucca Despise Lizardmen, the best place is certainly just outside the cave north of Sacrifice in Ilshenar. Here ratmen patrol the ruins and give 10 leather a time to a human with a harvester's blade. Take a warrior with a repond weapon and a vermin talisman and you will soon have a lot of spined leather. You can gather arrows too if you feel inclined.