• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Spined kit crafted leather bug?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to figure out whats going on with this spined kit. So I crafted pieces and they are all turning out 26 resists.

Base is 15 so 11 more resist is being applied to get 26. If it is applying my 5 for arms lore then that leaves only 6 for exceptional and every one is turning out exceptional. Exceptional is supposed to apply 9 more resist, but it isn't. I didn't get the memo on this change or am I really confused?

-Lorax

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Tailoring FAQ:
Base Properties

Starting with AoS in 2003, each piece of armour (including hats) crafted was imbued with certain base properties that are the same for all non-exceptional cloth or leather armour. These standardized properties represent how that type of armour resists physical and various elemental damage types.

Armour: Exceptionally crafted pieces of armour (excluding shields) receive additional resists, distributed randomly among the five resist types. The amount of additional resists is determined as follows...

a. If the item was crafted by a conventional sewing kit, then the minimum number of additional resists is 15.

b. If the item was crafted by a Runic Sewing Kit (a special form of Sewing kit, gained from doing Bulk Order Deeds - see that section below), then the minimum number of additional resists is only 6.

c. Note that at this time, only LEATHER items can be created with special properties with a Runic Sewing Kit. Hats (being cloth) will come out with the non-runic resist bonus, and no special abilities. It WILL waste one of the charges of your runic kit in doing so, however. There is current discussion with the UO Developers about possibly changing this, but there is no guarantee that we will ever be able to make runic hats.

d. In cases of both a. and b., an additional bonus may be imparted by the Arms Lore skill. FOR EACH TWENTY POINTS* of Arms Lore, one additional point is added to these numbers. Due to the "Jack of All Trades" bonus possessed by Human characters on accounts upgraded to Mondain's Legacy (including the 9th Anniversary Boxed set), humans are treated as having 20 points of Arms lore, if their actual Arms Lore skill is under 20.

e. For a crafter (of any type) with Grandmaster Arms Lore skill (100.0), the "normal tool" Exceptional bonus reaches its maximum of 20 random points. If crafting with a Runic Hammer, the maximum Exceptional bonus is 11 random points, with 100.0 Arms Lore. It is strongly recommended that all crafters have 100 Arms Lore, if possible.

* bonus is every 12.5 points of Arms Lore on Siege Perilous, for an +8 resist bonus (23 total for normal tools, 14 total for runic-made).
Stayin Alive,

BG

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Exceptional crafting with a runic, as long as I remember, has always been 6 random resists, instead of 15.

It is an intentional design feature, originally meant to make non-runic items supposedly hold some attraction (an idea that failed, except on Siege Perilous).

Ironically, that feature has made it more desirable to start with non-runic armor when imbuing, as you can get higher overall resists on an item (if you craft dozens of them, and look for ones where resists you want to imbue only received 0-2 points of the exceptional resist bonus) - with runics only of use if you want to have 1-2 resists of higher than 100% intensity (but counting as properties), to imbue the rest of the properties of the piece around (you can theoretically get a resist in the mid-20s with a runic, from the combination of the 6-11 exceptional random points combining with the base amount plus 15% from max intensity)