• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Spider Webs

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kyrie_Elaison

Are the spider webs coming from begging in Heartwood, or are they given to you from trick or treating?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way it worked on the TC when I tried it was either or. When you beg you have a chance to get Halloween items, but also have a chance to get the regular items. 9 out of 10 tries got me regular heartwood items. If you Trick or Treat you'll only get the Halloween items.

D

Dame Judi

Are the spider webs coming from begging in Heartwood, or are they given to you from trick or treating?
They are coming from Trick or Treating with a begging skill at 100. I have gotten one from an npc elf there in Heartwood, another from a wandering healer outside my house and, just now, a third from a town crier in Britain.

*I wonder if that would mean we wouldn't be getting killed all the time too? However you do lose karma when you beg instead to TorT. Not sure if that matters much.

X

Xel Naga

The location of the NPC doesn't matter. Simply say trick or treat, and target any npc. If you have 100 begging you'll have a very small chance at the web. It was stated the chance is 2%. My tests show it is much lower but I don't mind since that'll make them rarer in the end of this unheard of 3 weeks of trickortreating lol. Thank god it's not IRL and i dont' have to stock up for 3 weeks of candy for the kids and deal with doorbells ringing nonstop. AHHHH the madness

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The location of the NPC doesn't matter. Simply say trick or treat, and target any npc. If you have 100 begging you'll have a very small chance at the web. It was stated the chance is 2%. My tests show it is much lower but I don't mind since that'll make them rarer in the end of this unheard of 3 weeks of trickortreating lol. Thank god it's not IRL and i dont' have to stock up for 3 weeks of candy for the kids and deal with doorbells ringing nonstop. AHHHH the madness
That reminds me, I need to pick up some candy tonight on my way home from work. Otherwise I might end up getting my house egged.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I guess my question should be broken down a little more.

I know they can be acquired by trick or treating anywhere, but can you get the webs from Elves or Humans while begging?

The reason I ask is, why bother the risk of getting killed if you can just beg for the items?

After 20 passes trick or treating you pretty much have the candy you want, so why continue to risk dieing when you could just beg? Has anyone tested this?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

its easy^^

even humans or elves can give you the web.
even begging or treating can give you the web.*maybe only beg-able from elves*

the chance is low to get a web.

with begging your chance is more lower as by treating.

the chance of getting a web with begging is significant LOWER, because you have the normal rewards wich are 11 different or more, to get then you web is more as tripple low as getting them by treating.

best is you get your beggar a robe and nothing else and trick or treat the poor npc.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that answers my question I was going to ask on how rare they are.

I've got almost 200 each of the candies, and total zero webs. RNG doesn't love me. And Yes I am gm begging. I've got 1 cookies, 1 milk and 1 cake so far. :(

N

NewThunder

I guess that answers my question I was going to ask on how rare they are.

I've got almost 200 each of the candies, and total zero webs. RNG doesn't love me. And Yes I am gm begging. I've got 1 cookies, 1 milk and 1 cake so far. :(

Took me about 3 hours for my first web, then they started dropping at a bit better rate. Have received 5 webs in about 6 hours of trick or treating

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten 2 webs and 2 murky milk in 90mins so far.

Definitely better than the 71 skele-liches I soloed for my first talisman drop.

D

Dame Judi

So far for me the rarest item seems to be the Creepy Cake. I have received:

7 webs
9 Harvest Wines
5 Murky Milks
4 Pumpkin Pizzas
2 Mr. Plain's Cookies
but only 1 Creepy Cake

Am I missing any of the Trick or Treat items here?

*edit
In the 15 minutes since I posted above I have received 2 more cookies, a cake and, another web. Also the timer between being able to beg the same NPC seems to have been reduced.

U

urbanemonkey

The reason I ask is, why bother the risk of getting killed if you can just beg for the items?

After 20 passes trick or treating you pretty much have the candy you want, so why continue to risk dieing when you could just beg? Has anyone tested this?
For me, the difference is speed: there's no 'skill' delay between Trick or Treats like there is between begs. ("You must wait a few moments before you use another skill" doesn't affect Trick or Treating.) In a safe place (like Cove) I can Trick or Treat my little heart out, and find a healer in a jiffy if I go all explody.

X

Xel Naga

I just get another account and rez myself on a boat full of jhelom fighters :)

I'm past 125 of each rare begged item and simply stopped keeping them now. I've just thrown everything except stackables away and of course kept webs. If you're on Atlantic and need a specific rare beg or treat item pm me and I'll see if I can fill your needs, no guarantees of course.

My goal is to see if I can get 60k stacks of candy before the event is through.

V

Vre13

Well, here is my experience on Chessy. I have GM Beggar. Havent counted how many times used "trick or treat", so only measurement is time. Have used it 3 times 1-1,5 hours each. Places of begging - Jhelom, Luna and elven city Heartwood. Received milk (1), cake (3), pie (2), wine(1) and web (1). And there is no time count - because sometimes after 30 minutes of thicking havent received any valuable item, but sometimes 3-4 in just 10-15 minutes. It looks is some kind random drop rate.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else finding the small spider web with its narrow point on the top left is much more frequent than the other direction? I've trick or treated 5 so far, and all of them are the same direction!

L

Lunaticus

I've only gotten two webs so far, one in each direction. :spider:

W

Warrior of Time

I already have about 5 k of the stackable and they fall about the same each direction. I keep everything I get though. Trick or Treating is easy compaired to getting the gains in begging.

Been a beggar for over 2 years now. Just hard to let some things go.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make that 6 webs all pointing in the same direction. That RNG is driving me batty.

W

Warrior of Time

I know that Trick or Treating can give slow results. I would like to offer suggestions. If they only one person I think it is worth posting.

Make what I call a paper route. Luna, Jhelom, and Heartwood is not the only place to make one. They are the most uses true. Touble with those places is you find too many there it slows the number of begs per min. That is what gets you the webs. Brit, Moon, as well as others have good spots.

The spot as everyone knows needs 2 things. a healer and a bank. Since Heartwood has no bank a beetle will work.

Places with a lot of building being close together works well. Brit for example. Get the health bars along your route. Don't spend time walking inside the building. The more inside the building the better up to a point works. There are not enough in there to make a compleat loop. Also the bank and healer need not be in the loop. Only go there whan you need to.

As soon as you get rezed don't run back to the body. Lets face it, It's not going anyplace. Trick or Treat back. Don't worry about not getting back even if you die again befor you get there. Only time I walk right back is if I have 3 bodies out there. Then I go to each of them. Since the one that died first is in my loop I get it last and start Trick or Treating from there. The first ones I trick or treat once I die is the healers that just rezed me. If I die then will just have to do double duty, and rez you again. If you see a pile of bones at the healers on GL most times I put them there.

If an evil twin comes after you keep on Trick or Treating. If you have 2 of them they can only kill you once if at all. Most times another NPC will trick me too and the two evil twins will die with me.

Also for get the armor. A arcane robe is all you need as much as you will die. (can carry more too) You have 24 spells that can be used and needs no insurence.

Many have only a short time to Trick or Treat. I hope this will help you along. Many times others will also have a short time and be useing the other places.

I hope this will help you get 35 or 40 webs too.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If an evil twin comes after you keep on Trick or Treating. If you have 2 of them they can only kill you once if at all. Most times another NPC will trick me too and the two evil twins will die with me.
Evil twins will not drop your health below 1. When you get down to 1 HP left, they will disappear, although they will put a serious dent into your stamina, if not wipe it out totally.

W

Warrior of Time

They will if you have magery and cast poison on you before they dispell. Also if you keep on begging you will most likly take a 65000 HP trick. As far as the 1 point part. That is why I just keep begging.

F

Fink

Evil Twins also vanish if you hide/invis, which is how I've been burning up all my non-stacking smokebombs.

W

Warrior of Time

Not everyone has a ninja that has GM begging. I figure why fight it, and grab a couple more chances at a web on the way down. BO oom

W

Warrior of Time

Seems the people in Luna like to see 3 demons slug it out only to see me win by a single hp.
Even though they are not begging they enjoy te show.

Did you see that?
That one was close.
lol