• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) [SPHS] Yard Sale and House Deco Contest!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the vernal equinox just over a month away, it is time to start thinking about spring cleaning. To help you shed the sluggishness of winter and get started, the Siege Perilous Historical Society [SPHS] is hosting another contest! The purpose of this contest is to familiarize shard members with the location and interests of other players AND to encourage the creation of new vendors and increase the availability of items for sale as a type of "yard sale".

Beginning today, you have until Friday, February 24, 2017 to prepare for the following categories:

Best Decorated House

Best Dressed Vendor

The winner and runner-up in each category will win a prize. Entrants will be judged by members of the Siege Perilous Historical Society.

Contest Rules

To enter a house in the Best Decorated category, a player must:

1. Create a post in this thread that contains the following information,

- Name of the house and name of the owner, as it appears on the house sign
- Location of the house, either including coordinates and local landmarks or a screenshot of the game map
- Theme of the house decoration, if applicable
- At least one screenshot of the house, showing as much of the layout as possible
- Age of the house (optional)
- Items of interest (optional), this can include unique or rare items found in the house, rune libraries, public portals or dye tubs, personal collections, etc.
- What, (if anything), is missing to "really tie the room together" as The Dude would say.

2a. For at least the two days of judging (February 25 and 26), make the house public where judges or other contestants can access the house.

- or -

2b. For houses wishing to participate without being public, friend at least one of the judges to the house prior to Saturday, February 25 AND post a COMPLETE set of screenshots detailing the house, items of interest, location etc.

Players selecting option 2b should pay particular attention to their post in this thread to ensure that it adequately describes the house and that friended judges can verify all items exist as displayed.

To enter a vendor in the Best Dressed category, a player must:

1. Create a post in this thread that contains the following information:

- Name and location of the vendor
- A screenshot of the vendors paperdoll
- An explanation of the vendors theme, outfit, special items, or other relevant information
- A list of the products and prices that can be found on the vendor AT LEAST from today through February 26 (discounting sellouts, which hopefully will occur frequently during the contest).

2. Ensure that the vendor is available and appears as depicted in this thread for at least February 25 and 26.

All entrants must be posted in this thread before Midnight EST, Friday, February 24, 2017. Judges will evaluate entries Saturday and Sunday (25th and 26th), confer together, and post results soon after.

The judges for this competition will be:

Talia (our best decorator),
Vinny (our biggest rares owner / trader),
GarthGrey (our voice of reason),

and myself, if needed for ties or close calls or the unexpected unavailability of a judge.

Prizes (subject to change prior to Friday, Feb 24) will include:

First place, best decorated house: Raised Garden Bed donated by the City of Moonglow

Runner-up, best decorated house: Gypsy Wagon Lamp & A Tray of Pumpkin Spiced Cider donated by the Beggars Halloween Collective

First place, best dressed vendor: an Orc Ship with 7 fully loaded cannons donated by the Emperor of the Seas Britannia

Runner-up, best dressed vendor: a Clothing Bless Deed

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Example entry for house deco contest:

Siege Perilous Historical Society - Zento
owned by Calavera

Located on the West Zento Road Across from the Boat Shaped House
(31 deg 13 min N, 49 deg 51 min W)

This is the public vendor, portal, and bone museum for the [SPHS] in Zento,

This house has been owned by me for about a year now.

The house is notable because it is made of Bloodstone, a material available due to a bug with the Lathe carpenter tool last year between Eodon initial release and the November patch. Attempting to make certain pieces of furniture would instead spit out stone wall pieces colored with the wood selected. As far as I know, this is the only significant amount of Bloodstone on the shard. Froststone and a green one were also craftable through the bug.

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

In addition to the walls themselves, the house is notable for:

house3.jpg

#1. A Mirror Containing an Image of the Greater Demon Arcadion, a 1 of 5 ? EM Event drop that is really, really neat, to be discussed in a future [SPHS] Rares Post.

#2. A Treasure Map for Somewhere in Trammel, a rare map to be discussed in a future [SPHS] Rares Post

#3. One of the Festive Skeleton Masks discussed in last month's [SPHS] Rares Post

#4. My Siege Bone Armor collection ( STILL NEED THAT EVIL DYED BONE CHEST PIECE )

#5. A complete set of PUBLIC portals for use by passerbys and vendor customers

Unnumbered. 2x EM Event drop upstairs, An Ancient and Terrible Crystal Idol Of Unknown Origin, a 1 of 8 or 9 ? drop to be discussed in a future [SPHS] Rares Post.

What I'm REALLY missing to tie the room together: Other than the elusive evil-dyed bone chest piece, just a few random pieces of bone armor.

Example entry for vendor deco contest:

My vendor is An [SPHS] Curator, found at the Siege Perilous Historical Society - Zento house

* Sample pictures are from my player paperdoll, not vendor, because I'm using the suit atm
vend1.jpg

vend2.jpg

My vendor sells items related to treasure hunting, including maps, luck statues and luck gear, bags of sending and powder of translocation. As broker in items related to treasure hunting my vendor wears a luck suit crafted by me. Including weapons, this suit has 2100 luck before luck statue bonus is applied.

In addition to luck items, my vendor also sports my "lucky" clothing, a jin-bori and kilt I crafted in paragon gold (gold Gold GOLD!!!). Both items are blessed (and hot!).

- My vendor sells Lvl 6 treasure maps for Ilshenar and Ter Mur at 20k apiece, which is a staggeringly good deal. I also stock treasure chest odds and ends like forged pardons and treasure hunting related SoTs and SoAs.

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, I've got some examples up, saving this spot for an index of house submissions as the week progresses. There are some great prizes, so throw that stuff you've had sitting in a chest for years on a vendor, and enter to win! Good luck all!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then, here my entry - and thank you for offering this contest.

HERMAN TOOTHROT´S PLUNDER ISLAND PIRATE RETREAT & BAR - PUERTO POLLO LIGHTHOUSE AND DOCKS

Initially a retreat for the pirate Herman Toothrot, it became a bar for his pirate friends who lived nearby - among them (of course) Tyrath. Located in a natural bay south of Trinsic in the midst of the jungle and close to the shores the place offered the best oppotunities for discrete trading and heavy drinking without being disturbed by authorities. Some time later, a lighthouse was added and docks as well as some sort of harbour authority for this booming trading post.

Owned by Herman Toothrot for a bit more than a year now, it does not offer any shiny rares as Herman is no collector and he trades all valuable things for Rum. Rum is all he is interested in. He even has his own distillery.

Oh wait, there is one interesting thing...

*grins*

Maybe you like it - I like it very much!

Thanks for the contest!

P.S.: Location:

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reminder: Post the coordinates / specific location of your entry so that judges do not have to spend a lot of time searching for it. Thanks!

Sargatanza

Journeyman
- Assassin's Guild. Sargatanza.
- coordinates: 1278, 1488; near 40 steps to the West from Britain Cemetery fence, in the beggining of "Snake Trail".
- Theme of the house is applicable, in two words - fun&scary! Mainly it's a lab, but work still in progress.
- screenshots in the attached files (1 floor - meeting hall :brokenlink:, 2 floor - laboratory :devil:, 3 floor - living quater & gym:sword:, 4 floor - the roof :beer:, 5 little floor - top of the lighthouse:pirate:)
- this place 1 year old
- There is pretty much rare items; there is a bunch of secrets (like fire exit) and hided things (like if you try to pull up body on second floor, on the table, there is a lot of organs under).
There is couple custom made sculptures, one of a kind: 1 - in Mr Kelmo honor (2 floor, hat engraved (I urge you not to look for similarities and to associate a respected person with the names of things :))), 2 - ultimate Ultima Online weapon (1 floor, pedestal engraved).

*I'd be happy to write a story about this place, but it's secret, you need to be a part of Siege Perilous Assassin's comunity ;)
*Once this place was own by gorgeous Miss Joline Maza! :rolleyes:
*Once this place was visited by Maniac (he left a message on board and disappeared)! :stir:
*There is two Heralds (one from entendant token, one from rent contract), but no one of tham speak :cursing:
*All rare or "expensive" items in this place have history for me, and the fantastic peoples behind them! :love:
**Beware of the time machine on second floor, it's working! :facepalm:
*** If you still manage to use it... Heh, welcome to The First Age of Darkness and say hello to Mr Mondain :cool2:

Attachments

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castle Razz
Owner Razz
Loc 2211,601
Open to public. You can get to all areas except the center rooms on 1st and second floor.

Top Floor

Second Floor outside

Second Floor Inside ( Center room houses mannequins for my 4 characters. Their character specific gear stored in chests next to them)

Bottom Floor (Center room houses all general gear, PS, Alacrity's, SoT's. Outer hallways have plant and bandage resources)

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can enter once per person Razz, that way folks with multiple accounts don't have an advantage. Any house can be entered, including traditional houses like castles and keeps.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Scurvy Rogue

Sonja is a foxy pirate that peddles her “acquisitions” at Herman Toothrot’s Pirate Retreat & Bar. She can be found on the shore, South of Trinsic, at 158 South by 53 East.

She offers all manner of nautical and treasure hunting equipment, supplies, and décor.

Supplies of note include:

• Fuse Cords, in lots of 50 for 50,000gp
  • Ship Cannons, from 12,000 to 24,000gp
  • All other supplies required to care for, and fire, your big guns!
  • Nautical themed décor, ranging from 5,000gp to 25,000gp
  • Treasure Maps & treasure hunting supplies (including Skeleton Keys)

She also plans to expand into fish supplies and gear. So, keep a close eye on The Scurvy Rogue. (Of course! Who wouldn’t keep an eye on a scurvy rogue, especially one that looks like Sonja!)

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Creeger, the top image isn't coming through on my phone, don't know if this is isolated to me or everyone, May want to check it. Thanks :)

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Silent Singer I think you may have read my post while I was editing it. I had a little trouble getting the images in, and your post was made at about the same time I was fixing it. Can you see it now?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then, here my entry - and thank you for offering this contest.

HERMAN TOOTHROT´S PLUNDER ISLAND PIRATE RETREAT & BAR - PUERTO POLLO LIGHTHOUSE AND DOCKS

P.S.: Location:
Does it have a tele so we can come and take a look?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Creeger, just edit your post, delete old images and draw them from your computer, not from a twitter page, and drop them in your post. No need to upload them somewhere first.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Looks fine now, I see a sexy pirate lady :)
How this bags looks in CC?

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@FrejaSP Yep, those are what my bags actually look like in the EC. In the CC, they probably look like a big mess. I don't know, I don't even have the CC installed.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder, this contest has until Friday for you to enter, post those great vendors and houses, and get your yard sale started!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey folks,

Everyone who ended up with all the loot from yesterday's IDOCs, be sure to participate in this week's vendor contest!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey folks,

There are only two days left in this contest, and only very few contestants. I had thought more folks would share their house or unload excess junk on vendors as part of the vendor contest. Some nice prizes available, still time to enter!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
upload_2017-2-22_19-18-21.png upload_2017-2-22_19-18-40.png

House name: IPKU
Owner's name: Baby Doll
Location: New Magincia, house closest to docks. Jump my Yew moongate house teleport, just a few tiles from gate, and you will land in New Magincia.

Not finished decoing my house yet, it's my ongoing work of art. (lol) I will open teleports to anyone for a couple days, so people can take a gander at it. Please don't leave dirt tracks all over the place.

Nothing but love for ya Siege,

Baby Doll IPKU (VICE)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe all my stuff is 'functional' or I would of entered, I also don't have the 'stuff' needed to do a house in full deco mode as I have only been here 6 mths. Functional spaces tend to be fairly bare due to having more ppl inside rather than stuff :p I also don't have any backlog of old gifts or em rewards/rares to jazz up a vendor. Good comp tho, am interested to see who wins. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With my kids being sick and me working I have not had time to deco...but I did manage to get the main parts done...the interior of the house is not complete yet but I wanted to get this in before the deadline!

Wedding and Reception Hall, located just SouthWest of Safe Haven Teleport Hub.

WeddingHallRoof.jpg

Nuptials performed on our beautiful balcony, DJ and Dance Floor on the roof!
WeddingHallBasement.jpg
Toast the newlyweds and enjoy a slice of delicious cake, or dip a juicy strawberry in our chocolate fountain.​
What's missing? (As per the rules) MORE DECO! *laughs* I haven't been on the shard long so don't have the abundance of deco that I would have liked to put into this house...but that will change!​
thanks to Coco for supplying me with a few items!​
The chocolate fountain is under the apple tree accessible to anyone so feel free to drop by and get yourself a chocolate-covered strawberry...or 10...as far as I can tell it gives an unending supply :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's the tuxedo that comes with the wedding set.

At the last meet and greet here on Siege, Mesanna said that she would have the wedding dress/Tux available separately in the store :)

Tux2.jpg

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tophat, tux and....sandals?!? who the hell wears sandals with a tux and tophat?!? Is that the way it is delivered by broadsword? I mean I have been to a wedding where everybody in the wedding party wore flip flops but nobody there wore a tux either...what's next? track suits for weddings? Onesies?
Sargatanza you should get your neon beach outfit patented before they sell that as a wedding dress too!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tophat, tux and....sandals?!? who the hell wears sandals with a tux and tophat?!? Is that the way it is delivered by broadsword? I mean I have been to a wedding where everybody in the wedding party wore flip flops but nobody there wore a tux either...what's next? track suits for weddings? Onesies?
Sargatanza you should get your neon beach outfit patented before they sell that as a wedding dress too!
Like I said elsewhere:

Folks with a bit more dressing-sophistication would easily recognize that this is neither a tuxedo nor even a smoking - its a swallowtail. And for a swallowtail (frack), there should be a clearly visible white tie (this one is not clearly visible) - and a white west. Swallowtie needs a white west. And if its a smoking (this item is called "smoking" not "tuxedo") it has to be black tie. Smoking = black tie! But then the coat is wrong.

:talktothehand: Americans...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It didn't come with the sandals! I just wanted to put something on his feet because it didn't come with shoes and those were all I could get on short notice...(Thank you Evil Mage)

Also the teleporter pad at the top of the stairs is accessible to anyone at the moment for the duration of the contest though you don't really need it to see the roof....the interior is just my crafting area and sparsely deco'd at the moment but will be trying to pretty it up a bit when I get home from work later today :)

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that a tophat on the mannequin? Cause that seems like something Razz would wear. Does he know tophats exist now?
Heh, I have the exact same setup at my Mag house. Tophat tux with sandals. It's the "in" thing. I'm not sure what it looks like in CC but in EC the sandals look like 2 tone shoes. ;)

P.S. Holy crap Babydoll, nice work.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vendor name: Pinky Tuscadero

Location: New Magincia (Baby Doll's home), house closest to docks.

She holds a pretty "I beat Mesanna Playing Let's Make a Deal " lamp.

upload_2017-2-23_18-48-15.png

Grass tiles 125 k per

Snow tiles 125k per

Charger of the Fallen 2m

Cursed Staff of the Magi 200k

Cursed AoF 500k

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the houses in this thread are very well decorated. I wish everyone who entered this thread contest best of luck. The judges will have a hard time deciding, I believe.

Nothing but love for ya all!

Baby Doll IPKU (VICE)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Vinny's Safe Haven Keep (non-competing):

This contains Vinny's original collection of Siege Perilous Rares. He has opened up most containers where items are visible to guests. Vinny has focused on old items like Double Exceptional stuff and EM rares.

Some items have been moved to the Siege Perilous Rares Museum, which is nominally our [SPHS] guildhouse, but there is still a ton of neat items here to see.

vkeep1.jpg
vkeep2.jpg

vkeep3.jpg
Be sure to hover over the containers and furniture. There is an amazing amount of old furniture in this place!

Vinny's Keep is located just 2 screens east of Safe Haven Hub, near the crossroads.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the middle pic of Vinny's keep, there is a RED painting?? What's the real name of it and where did it come from?