• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Spellweaving Templates???

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am considering entering the world of Spellweaving. I am unsure whether to add Spellweaving to an existing character or if it is best to build a new character around the Spellweaving skill.

I seek the views of Legendary Spellweavers. Are there a few most favorable Spellweaver templates? Is it best to build a character around Spellweaving? Or is Spellweaving better used as a complimentary skill?

I seek and welcome your input, views, and suggestions.

I play on Baja and play exclusively in a PvM environment.

An SoS

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving has great support spells, but you won't kill much of anything if you use weaving as your primary skill.

The one skill you need with any weaving template is meditation. You also need mana regeneration on your suit or in a form (lich/wraith) and as much lower mana cost as you can muster.

My weavers are:
120 in all skills...
Magery, med, EI, resist, wrestle, weaving
Magery, med, weaving, taming, lore, vet

And my next will be:
110 magery, 120 EI, 100 weaving, 105 necromancy, 120 spirit speak, 100 resist, 65 meditate (if you never plan on champ spawning, you can do without the resist to add to meditation. Use the extra points for focus or chivalry or hiding)

Another one that I had was:
120 music, 120 discord, 120 provoke, 120 magery, 120 meditate, 120 weaving, but I changed that one out to make a pure necro-mage.

Useful spells are nature's fury, dryad allure, reaper form, attunement, wildfire, essence of wind, thunderstorm, gift of life, gift of renewal, and everyone's favorite, word of death. Most people underuse their weaving and call the whole skill worthless except for word of death and nature's fury. But try this some time. Grab an ogre lord(dryad allure), send him into a thick spawn, cast gift of renewal on him, follow him into the fray (stand on top of him), then spam essence of wind until your mana runs out. If you have a level 5 focus, you can run right through 3 levels of any given champ spawn without breaking a sweat.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually my spellweavers are on my mage or necro/mage chars simply because spellweaving is a mana hog and those templates are usually already set up for high mana. In addition, you can load up on SDI items on your suit which would help with all spells. Also having a 120 spellweaving doesn't increase the amount of damage you do, it gives you 100% chance of casting WOD (I think I had read long ago that 118.something was the level needed to cast it 100%). The only things that effect spellweaving damage is SDI, the level of focus, casting arcane empowerment, being in reaper form, and eating a grapes of wrath.

Spellweaving/mage/tamer is another good template for PVM as far as dealing damage. Plus casting gift of renewal on your pets is a nice bonus when you can't stand next to them and heal by bandies.

I have one spellweaving archer, but really don't play it much because after adjusting the stats to get decent strength and somewhat high dex, it only left me with around 60 mana so basically it was 1 WOD and wait for mana. I would recommend if your human melee char to go ahead and get spellweaving but leave it at 0 skill since there are 6 spells that you can cast that require 10 or less skill points. Gift or renewal and Attunement are pretty nice and require 0 skill points. Natures fury is also decent in that who doesn't like a swarm of killer bees and again 0 skill needed. I haven't tried Immolating Weapon since I don't have weaving on a melee char (10 skill points needed). Plus you can get a focus with anyone that has 20 or less in spellweaving....you can get a focus even if the other people haven't done the spellweaving quest.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving is a solid support skill. Nice to finish off peerless and other like mobs as far as a PvM template. I run a similar template to one Farsight had mentioned.

You will want descent magery skill as spellweaving is not something where you can deal damage effectively through the use of powerful direct damage spells continuously like magery. You have wildfire but it's not as effective as it once was and word of death, but word of death is only good from the last 10% to 30% of the creature.

Favorable templates Farsight already mentioned really. I agree with what he also says since really...you have to know your spellbook and utilize it more than say necro spells or magery in order to get all your bang for your buck out of spellweaving.

All in your play style though. I use it more supplemental in terms of gift of renewal, natures fury, wildfire, word of death and gift of life.

You can be more offensive though through the use of summons and other spells that it has to offer.

W

Warrior of Time

I am not sure that that 100 points to cast wod will work very well in places like That crimson dragon. There are a lot better places to use that. I know lets try and use it at the Dojo, or DF. Also try and drag one of those humanoid pets through Lish. About the time you need to bank gold he has left since you can't gate out. (As it should stay) It not dealing damage makes it a poor choice. It also like you say is a mana hog. More than magery ever was. I have one that is GM. I have focus, med, all the lower mana things I can get. When it comes down to it I use the magery. Already stoned it off one char. If it don't get any better the other will not have it. I know how to use it too. Hard to get to GM and not know.

J

Jermosh

I am considering entering the world of Spellweaving. I am unsure whether to add Spellweaving to an existing character or if it is best to build a new character around the Spellweaving skill.

I seek the views of Legendary Spellweavers. Are there a few most favorable Spellweaver templates? Is it best to build a character around Spellweaving? Or is Spellweaving better used as a complimentary skill?

I seek and welcome your input, views, and suggestions.

I play on Baja and play exclusively in a PvM environment.

An SoS
I use it as a adder to my Script mage, for the most part its a great skill. The only real issue is the spells really are pretty useless, but I love allure and the swarm is very useful.