• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spellweaving tamer

• Thread starter YuriGaDaisukiDa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Currently im a paladin tamer
110 taming
110 lore
110 vet
120 swords
100 tactics
100 anatomy
70 chivalry

currently mana regen items are enough for pvm since i dont need to heal a lot, but that may change when i start pvping

im considering dropping anatomy for spellweaving is it worth having on a tamer?

i see imolate weapon as a good damage increase alternative to anatomy

and then the other spells are pretty nice

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it can be awesome on a tamer. However, unless you have Med on your template you may as well not bother. Spellweaving is a HUGE mana hog.

U

uoBuoY

Biggest problem with Spellweaving is getting enough people for a good Focus.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably wouldn't put spellweaving on your char, at least not to GM. If the char is human, then put spellweaving on and keep the skill at 0 and use the joat points. You will be able to cast 3 pretty good spells at zero skill level (Gift of Renewal, Attunement, and Nature's fury) plus 2 other spells only require 10 skill (Imm. Weap and Thunderstorm). Plus at zero skill getting a level 5 focus is easy since all you need is 4 other people (spellweaving not required).

The reason I wouldn't take weaving to GM is because of the amount of mana it takes if your going to cast WOD. Most of your stats are probably put into strength and dex. Plus since your a tamer the number of pixies or imps summoned is reduced by the number of control slots you have being used by pets. In addition, if your going do PVP and drop anat, then there are several other skills that would be more usefull.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I agree with everything that's been said so far. I wouldn't try to squeeze weaving into a melee/tamer template. Since you're swords and plan to pvp, I assume you're human, in which case I, too, recommend using the 3 low-level weaving spells w/ 0 skill.

If you really want a tamer/weaver (which, btw, is an awesome template!), I'd go for a tamer/mage/weaver. If you do create one, you'll need a suit w/ 100% lrc (obviously), 40 lmc, 8 mr, and 4/6, if you can find one.

Incidentally, if you ever happen to create another pvp melee character, there are some awesome weaving spells that can really screw with a spellcasting opponent. :-D