• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving and what?

B

BadManiac

I can't seem to get my head around spellweaving as a skill, do you make a char with just spellweaving? What skils are you meant to have alongside it? Some SW spells seem to be made for mage type characters, some for melee warriors. So what do you use SW with? What's the "best" PvM spellweaver template?

T

Trukx

For me.......this combo has proven successful in almost any context:

Disco/Mage/Necro/Weaver

I have spent a LOT of time building the suit exactly how I need it and try like hell to get a lvl 5 focus to maximize WoD. I run in wraith or lich depending on what im attacking.

Suit now has 92 SDI, 9 MR, 100LRC and 40 LMC and I have 192 mana when blessed. With a level 5 focus, I hit WoD for 650+ w/ empowerment cast. In wraith form, I can leech back all of my mana from 0 in 1 WoD when doing peerless and many high end paragons.

120 disco
120 music
120 magery
115 weaving
110 spirit speak
115 eval
20 Necro (then items up to lich or wraith).

Warriors will often use it for renewal, natures furies, and gift of life. On my char above, i use it almost exclusively for WoD and gift of life and empowerment (empowerment adds SDI to magery spells as well=more damage=more leeching in wraith).

I

imported_Farsight

Unfortunately for the typical warrior, almost all spellweaving spells require a heck of a lot of mana to use. That means that with spellweaving, meditation is almost a requirement. I say almost because there is an exception to my needing meditation policy (as is demonstrated in the template above).

My samurai does use spellweaving for nature's fury and the occasional gift of renewal, but only against one particular creature or champion spawns.

My spellweaving mage, which is from what I've seen, the most common SW template, is my favorite character to play. Since I haven't bought or won many 120 scrolls yet, I do have a lot of 110's and 115s in my template.
Magery 110
Meditation 115
Eval Int 115
SW 120
Resist 110
Wrestling 90, working up to 120 the slow way

The rest of my skills are currently in inscription, since I raised it to 50 to get an undead slayer spellbook.

Now if you have necromancy, you can use lich form, dark wisp familar or wraith form and high damage spells to regain your mana for spellweaving, leaving out the need for meditation. Or you could keep meditation on the template to make truly insane mana regeneration. But my current necro-weaver is:
100 magery
100 meditation
100 EI
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Spellweaving
100 Resist spells
When I get my scrolls and suit, which will take a while, I'll improve EI, SS and SW while dropping meditation and then run in wraith form most of the time. But I'll need a lot of SDI and LMC to make that work.