• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving - 0-100 in under 11 hours

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Got tired of being unable to get level 6 focuses in the middle of the night without running SW Mastery (I use Taming 3 way more) so started an EJ account just to train sw on. I got started shortly after server up this morning (5:30 Eastern on Atlantic). Killed off the Exodus Overseers/Minions as server came up and then started training. Screen shot is the the Eastern time I gm'd. Only UOAssist and standard CC macros used along with 2 alacrity scrolls.

Spellweaving.jpg

Thought I would post what I did in case others were interested in doing the same thing.

Started a new char. Set Int to max, str to 25 for easier armor equipping second and the least dex possible. High mana/intel boost (mana was at 110) and mana regen (36) suit. Starting skills were 50 magery, 20 eval (for killing overseers/minions) and 50 hiding because I will be camping him on the circle at WBB.

As soon as the char was created I locked focus, med, mage, eval so they would not raise. I wanted the least skill points possible while training him up and focus/med/eval all raise really quick.

0-25 Arcane Circle at WBB
25-38 Immolating Weapon
38-58 Reaper Form
**took the Alacrity Scrolls starting at 55 to bridge the gap of needing to cast Fey/Fiend**
58-80 Essence of Wind
80-95 Wildfire
95-100 Word of Death on Para Bog Thing from a cliff (did cast some on myself and you can gain that way as well, but was getting better gains from the Bog Thing)

Anyone have a faster way (other than trans scrolls) for the next one I train? :p

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you ! I’ve been considering this. Why least skill points possible ? Are there a lot of minions and overseers at server up at that camp?
Nah, there are not a lot. Only one Minion and one Overseer spawn there. Also, one juggernaught, one betrayer, one controller and a few enslaved Gargs. I took my main tamer there. Lured the ones needing killed away towards cave entrance. Let pet take aggro while noobie char fb the thing to death. This takes a while at only 5-6 damage per lol

The less skill points possible is because of how gains work. The less skill points you have the faster you gain.

The only reason I started at server up is due to insomnia... was trying to get a focus at 4am when my 6 ran out and nobody was around. I run three normal accounts and a level 4 does not do much on WOD.

The only thing I can think of is after 90 you can use the mastery to gain standing in your house or where ever. That being if you can get a primer with ease on the shard you are on.
Good idea. Thx.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Are you saying you bought UOAssist keys for your EJs?
I did for that one yes. I will also be making a thrower on that EJ account which is why I snagged Assist for it. The next one will solely be a gm SW single acct.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An even faster way is once you can cast Thunderstorm, buy 20 Necro/40 SS in New Haven, put on +SS gear, then go to the Acid Slug Pit in Underworld. Use a Wraith Form scroll to get into Wraith Form, and start spamming Thunderstorm while on a ledge. You'll regain all your Mana back through the Wraith Mana Leech, and can spam Thunderstorm indefinitely. Once you're able to cast Essence of Wind, switch to that. If you use Wildfire, it'll require more direct targeting. Then once you hit 90 SW, use the Mastery, and start spamming Mana Shield until almost out of Mana, then do 1 or 2 Thunderstorms/EoWs to regain full Mana, and keep spamming.
40% LMC/4 FC/6 FCR help speed it up.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Killed off the Exodus Overseers/Minions as server came up and then started training.
Might be a newb question but what was the reason for doing this (was this in Exodus dungeon??)?

An even faster way is once you can cast Thunderstorm, buy 20 Necro/40 SS in New Haven, put on +SS gear, then go to the Acid Slug Pit in Underworld. Use a Wraith Form scroll to get into Wraith Form, and start spamming Thunderstorm while on a ledge. You'll regain all your Mana back through the Wraith Mana Leech, and can spam Thunderstorm indefinitely. Once you're able to cast Essence of Wind, switch to that. If you use Wildfire, it'll require more direct targeting. Then once you hit 90 SW, use the Mastery, and start spamming Mana Shield until almost out of Mana, then do 1 or 2 Thunderstorms/EoWs to regain full Mana, and keep spamming.
40% LMC/4 FC/6 FCR help speed it up.
Assuming if you go this route then you don't need to worry about the overseers or minions?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to complete one of two quests to even begin training spellweaving.

Patience where you kill the Minions/Overseers Patience - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

or Discipline where you have to get severed ears Discipline - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

to me the Patience one is quicker... and no, this was in the Gargoyle camp close to Ilsh Honor. Less spawn there.
Ah perfect thanks! Been so long since I trained that skill that I didn't remember you needed a quest to start

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Lots of great information in this thread. Thank you all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
95-100 Word of Death on Para Bog Thing from a cliff (did cast some on myself and you can gain that way as well, but was getting better gains from the Bog Thing)
I made a macro to cast WoD on myself and heal after. Stuck a toothpick in the key. Stood on the edge of the slime pit so I would not time out.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, I use the toothpick trick often as well. I was actually doing that to the Para Bog Thing as well.