• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SPELLWEAVING... ¡where?!

R

Radix

Hello to everibody, i am an old uo player and a little ago i re-entered the game, with all the huge changes it has now, but one thing i don't understand:
where can i learn the spellweaving skill and where can i get the book and the spells of spellweaving? I saw a lot of strange and marvelous things and beasts, artifacts, etc but nothing about this, maybe i must look more :confused:

one more thing, off-topic, what is a uo-auction? (i talk about it with a player for buying pets, but i didn't hear it never)

Thank you very much.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok spellweaveing skill is a quest reward from heartwood theres a quest chain to get the skill and book with 2 spells the rest you will have to quest / hunt for or just buy off a player vendor the chain of quests is fairly easy to accomplish though you may want a hand from someone for the last part of quest must kill some nasty stuff Exodus minions and overseer's i think. theres 2 spells you will aquire doing the weave quest Arcane circle and gift of renewal
then theres 2 more quest spells for weave that can only be gotten and used by doing quests 1 is summon fey pretty easily done the quest is also in heartwood near the elf who gets you to do the weave quest chain. the other spell summon fiend is a little harder to aquire its in sanctuary and can be a bit problematic to get there and do. (btw heartwood can be found in the center of YEW) big portal cant miss it :thumbup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some information on Spellweaving and the quests you need to do can be found here:
http://www.uoguide.com/Spellweaving

uo-auction is a site where players can sell in game items for in game gold, it appears to be unavailable right now, and has been for some time, however there is a new auction site
http://ingameauctions.com/index.php?

Not sure there are any pets much on it right now. What pets are you wanting?

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The summon fiend spell in sanctuary is quite easy once you obtain Spellweaveing. im a 120 weaver and the esaiest way to deal with the sanctuary is with spellweaving. first have a horse. then use spellweaveing spells gift of renewal the attunement both at the entrance before baddies really smell you. as soon as spells are cast haul azz you should make it straight to the end without dieing and almost without taking any damage. dont try to kill anything cause your spells are time released. then do ditto to get out. you may want to die first time and walk to the end of the trail just to get an idea of where you will be going. theres no healer in sanctaury nor can u recall in or gate travel in or out.

R

Radix

Ok, thanks, i will try!
Well, i have dealt with exodus minions at ilshenar,overseers, and so, most of them i think fell down with a fex vortex, and my bone knights killed the mages, fear the paragon exodus!! what a beast, a friend and me killed one with 15-20 vortex fighting 4 vs. 1 :p

(question: How much some type paragons is necesary to kill to get a good reward!?!? (we killed about 4 o 5 exodus par. and nothing!)

some information on Spellweaving and the quests you need to do can be found here:
http://www.uoguide.com/Spellweaving

Not sure there are any pets much on it right now. What pets are you wanting?
i am looking for cheap pets, like beetles, fire beetles and so; i will love an unicorn or nightmare or armored dragon but i dont want to go looking for a veterinary everytime it dies :bored:
and i haven't much money currently, i will spent about 100k no more ^^

thank you very much for your wise answers :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless you have the taming skill a unicorn or nightmare is not possible. I can get you a giant blue beetle. Fire beetles are mostly used by miners and smiths, since they're meant to be used to smelt ore. I can get you a swamp dragon, the armour is purchased from player vendors and is called 'dragon barding'

Send me a pm or icq. My icq number is 102280987

R

Radix

really!? thanks a lot, i will like so much a beetle or swamp dragon :D
how much money will be each of these pets?
currently i don't use icq (i am thinking on installing again ^^), but i will pm you next time i log in the game. (surely 8 hours later from now :)

thank you!

T

T_Amon_from_work

really!? thanks a lot, i will like so much a beetle or swamp dragon :D
how much money will be each of these pets?
currently i don't use icq (i am thinking on installing again ^^), but i will pm you next time i log in the game. (surely 8 hours later from now :)

thank you!
I think the giant beetle may still have issues when loaded past 390 stone. it's able to act as a pack animal as well as a rider. on LA, seeing swampies or beetles is about 50-50 so either seems to work well for folks.

I would suggest getting the animal bonded to you before REALLY working it out in the field. A bonded animal (or ghost) will follow you thru recalls, sacred journey as well as gates. If unbonded and it dies, it is gone.

To bond it, simply feed it initially, stable it - or use it gently, feeding, etc) - for 7 RL days. Feed it again and it will bond to you ... and get a little [Bonded] tag when you hover the mouse over it.

Welcome back to the insanity!:beer:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A giant beetle can carry up to 525 stone and still run with a mounted rider. Over that weight it can only move at a walk.

R

Radix

wow, those pets are mules!, and they are very fast, aren't they? Who is the fastest movement pet? beetles?

Me and a friend were yesterday on the way to Santuary (the narrow pass), what a hell path!! It's better to run like hell all the way? Changelings and titans are a pain, but the worst for me were the dammned archers! (i am mage and usually drop my phisical res in benefit of fire and energy, so long i try to stay far from melee), i'll go back with more phis res and a archer ratmen protection talisman :p

P.D: what a fun with dopples and changelings copying your friend form :D they copy your powers too?

R

Radix

most useful! it appears much more easier.
thanks Petra, i will report back the experience when i come back :p

R

Radix

Mission Cumplied!! (in no time also). Patience quest is easy to finish with a little friend aid, or without it, when you know how to get exodus dungeon fast.

Can sw be trained? where?

thank u all folks!

S

Saris

Dont think so what I did was stand on the circle just above the NPC and cast arcane circle till I got to gift of renewel. After that just make sure you have about 5-10 points over what you need to cast the spell at for best gaining also move to next spell after you are 20 points past and last of all try to use the faster casting ones for gaining as some spells take forever in SW 4/6 FC\FCR helps