• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaver Template?

D

De'Rel of LS

I am startring a Spellweaver Char on LS and have a few questions about the template and how Spellweaving interacts with the other Magic skills if at all? I was going with a Pure Mage/Spellweaver but if there is no interaction with mage skills what would be the next option? Tried to test this on TC but you still have to do the quest to use SW even on TC, stupid.

Currently:
Mage
Med
Eval
Resist
Scribe
Spellweaving(working on the quest)
Focus
Wrestling

I am leaning towards dropping wrestling for focus for really fast Mana regen.

Thanks in advance
De'Rel

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving + magery:
This is my character. He is working on 120 wrestle, magery, meditation, EI, resist and weaving. In my opinion, this template is brilliant. Having an ogre lord while you're casting essence of wind is great for those intense spawning areas (like champs or ophidians or...) filled with low hit point baddies. Ethereal voyage can get you through a lot of troubles. Word of Death is the perfect peerless/Doom/Champ closer. But having nature's fury or essense of wind or Word of Death won't get you all the way through the battle. You need the normal magery spells to help you on your way. I, for example, couldn't dream of not casting invisibility after using essense of wind to bring all the baddies to me in order to set them on my arctic ogre lord tank. Unless you have a level 5 or 6 focus, energy vortex is still better than nature's fury. Energy field is still great for crowd control (especially against Putrifier or Lady Mel). The two skills mesh perfectly. What can be better than that?

Oh, yes...
Magery + weaving + necromancy
This is a tighter and more flexible template, having 7 skills instead of 6. Without certain pieces of gear, you're limited to having lower skills than you really want. Here is an example:
110 magery, 120 EI, 105 necromancy, 100 spirit speak, 100 weaving, 120 resist, 65 meditation.

With necromancy, specifically wraith and lich forms, meditation and mana regeneration become less of an issue. With wraith form and word of death, you can chain cast it all day long. With wraith form and essense of wind, you have a weapon that's more powerful than wraith form and wither. So in addition to all of the benifits of magery and weaving, you also get the benifits of necromancy and weaving and the benifits of necromancy and magery.

If you only plan on doing the monster fighting bit, there isn't anything wrong with dropping wrestling. You should have summons or ogres or meat-shield-friends do the damage taking for you. Besides, if you have a good mage weapon, wrestling is optional.

J

Jermosh

My template is:
120 Magery(+20 Crystalline)
120 EI
120 Med(+10 Spellweave pants)
115 Focus(+20 Crystalline)
100 SW
100 Fishing
100 Scribe
My suit gives me my extras. I am thinking of dropping Focus for Resist spell though. Basically I go out and lore a Artic OL and use it as a tank for swoop and dismount so i can cast a EV. Then I dump on the swoop, and watch Tiny's health and do a few GHs once and awhile.

Yes I know i have fishing on my charecter, that what he started as 10 yrs ago and will stay as. But at least I can kill a serpant in 1 e-bolt! But I can also solo Leviathans with this guy and since I am GM fishing I get extra arties.

If you have GM scribe, I do not see the need to have wrestling IMHO. Just be sure to get a nice suit and cast protection.