• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellcaster Temp/Spells

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all!

So I've recently returned to UO and have been rebuilding my toons. Most of my guilds and guild mates have long gone and now I seem to be running solo. With that I'm building a template for a spellcaster with the following (All real skill)

120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Meditation
120 Spellweaving

Now, I've heard that this is too generic and lacks power. Could I ask for some advice on the build please and what spells I should be using please? I'm aiming for using RC for a generic summons, WoD for bosses and then Nether cyclone or nether blast for general damage.

Thank you! :D

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I dont see a problem if all you want to do is cast spells. Just build SDI suit with atleast a 150 and you will easily get atleast 800+ WoD. Could also switch to slayer book instead of high SDI book and do high damage magery say like constant flame strike or fireball on nav. Spells your mainly going to be using RC and reaper form, anything after that is based on situation. It would take forever to list all the spells that are useful on case to case bases... I don't see how it lacks power atleast as far as getting looting rights in a group, if ya have right set up. I'm sure someone will have an other opinion of what would be better my point was if thats what you want I dont see an issue.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run this temp you can kill most everything a sampire does you will just have to work harder you should cast RC over EV as they are stronger plus you can stay mounted get armored swampy you will need the damage reduction use chain lighting/meteor swarm/thunderstorm for groups you will need slayer spellbooks..

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Anon McDougle kind of confused isn't RC 5 slot? I'm unsure if EVs is better or not but curious if you flip flopped that?... I personally would run ethy cus I can dismount if need RC (if its 5 slot) maybe take reaper form for extra SDI or just use EVs and keep moving. I see your point about swampy too not bad way to go either. I haven't used mysticism in forever so I by no means would speak to the skill set. So asking

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Duh that's right it's other way around cast the evs so you can be mounted and magery mastery allows desth ray

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's actually nice with the of events just running around casting thunderstorm will get you looting rights a sampire & mystic/weaver/mage combo is super strong!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is my favorite build in UO. My main character is a Mystic Mage Spellweaver and I run the following skills:

- 120 Mysticism
- 090 Focus
- 100 Magery
- 120 Eval Intel
- 120 Spellweaving
- 090 Resist Spells
- 080 Meditation

I use a Crystalline ring in my build which adds +20 Magery and +20 Focus. Mystic Memento talisman for another +10 Focus. This brings those skills to 120. I run two different suits with this build - one which uses any items that include Spell Damage Increase - and another which is a little more defensive and has higher mana regeneration and hit points. I generally only switch to the SDI suit when a boss is falling below 30% life to nuke them with Word of Death. I use the Spellweaving mastery. This build is well-rounded and capable of participating in just about any type of PVM content in a meaningful way, whether doing top damage, acting as a healer or assisting with crowd control.

With all the various SDI items combined with SDI enhancing spells from Spellweaving, SDI foods like grapes of wrath and fish pies, you can have 260+ SDI and be able to spam WoD quickly for 1000+ damage. Add in slayer books, and you can fight just about anything. Combine that with an Eater suit that has lots of regen and great healing spells from all three magic skill lines, you have great defensive capabilities. Not sure who told you this build lacks power, but they must not be playing it correctly.

Last edited:

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you everyone! I'm pleased that the build is viable. The next bit is to build the suit. I can get a max luck suit easilly enough. High SDI is another matter.