• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Spellbook Properties (Max Intensities & Slayer Types)

J

Jhaelyrr

This is just a quick reference for all those trying to make up some of the spellbooks. I meant to put this up earlier, but it slipped my mind. It will be included in the FAQ at a later time when I have the time to write up the recent changes.

Spellbook Properties & Max Intensities

• Lower Mana Cost 6%
  • Lower Reagent Cost 15%
  • Spell Damage Increase 9%
  • Intelligence Increase 6
  • Mana Increase 6
  • Faster Casting 1
  • Faster Cast Recovery 2
  • Mana Regeneration 1
  • Magery, Meditation, Evaluating Intelligence, Resisting Spells +12 to base skill
Slayer Groups and Sub Types
Humanoid Group (opposed to Undead Group):
Repond Slayer - Ogre Slayer - Orc Slayer - Troll Slayer

Abyss Group (opposed to Elemental and Fey Groups):
Demon Slayer - Gargoyle Slayer

Fey Group (opposed to Abyss Group):
Fey Slayer*

Arachnid Group (opposed to Reptilian Group):
Arachnid Slayer- Scorpion Slayer - Spider Slayer - Terathan Slayer

Reptilian Group (opposed to Arachnid Group):
Reptile Slayer - Dragon Slayer - Lizardman Slayer - Ophidian Slayer - Snake Slayer

Undead Group (opposed to Humanoid Group):
Undead Slayer

Elemental Group (opposed to Abyss Group):
Elemental Slayer - Air Elemental Slayer - Blood Elemental Slayer - Earth Elemental Slayer
Fire Elemental Slayer - Poison Elemental Slayer - Snow Elemental Slayer - Water Elemental Slayer

*It is not possible to have a Fey Slayer on a player crafted spellbook. It only comes on the Ilshenar mini artifact, Pixie Swatter. It is only included for reference. As in: Stay away from fairies when carrying a Demon or Gargoyle slayer

That's pretty much everything for a quick reference, I believe. Anything I've missed, feel free to toss a reply below.

C

Chandalir

Opposing slayer, as of AoS, is a non-existant term ;)

But other than that, good list :)

J

Jhaelyrr

Never knew that :eek: I just remember the nifty fun of polymorphing into an orc and going after people with silver weapons, heh

I'll go edit that out in a bit then.

L

Lord Dexter

Lower Reagent Cost 16% is the cap...

i need to retest it, but polymorphed/necro form players used to take 25% more dmg, not 100%.

dbl dmg on a player would be insane... especially on a free kill grey.

and you might want to add what monsters fall into the sub groups... maybe thats a lot of work :)

G

Goc1

Lower Reagent Cost 16% is the cap...
I have gotten a great number of slayers, a supper, and every other mode caped several times over but out of all the books I have made I have only gotten one LRC 16. Could it be that LRC 16 is some kind of special bonus that is as rare as, say, a supper slayer? Or have I just been getting extremely unlucky as LRC goes?

G

I've gotten more lrc 16 than i care to count :(
Must be unlucky on that one

Q

(Q)

Opposing slayer, as of AoS, is a non-existant term
It exists for us bards though, lowers success chance (peace provoke discord) by 10% than that of using a non-exceptional instrument if we use the opposing slayer group. (good for training up skill though)

G

Do these things drop off monsters as well or are the craft only?

If they drop of monsters, then which and how much intensity compared to player crafted ones?

D

Dreadlord Galaad

Its not Lower Reagent Cost 15% but Lower Reagent Cost 16% =)

V

Velis

The intensity of the spellbooks you make is mainly determined by your Magery skill, so if you have 120.0 Magery you have a higher chance of making a more powerful intensity than a GM Mage does. <font color="red"> </font>

I

ImaTrammie

I just wanted to confirm that LRC 16 is possible. I just made a LRC 16/FCR2 at 110 magery and 86.0 inscription.

I think the higher magery only gives more properties... so I'm guessing GM mage = 1 property, 110 mage = 2 properties, and 120 mage = 3 properties?

That's a guess... can anyone verify that?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can start seeing properties at 80 magery. The higher your magery the higher chance of multiple properties, and the greater the intensity of the property, up to a max of 3 properties.

R

Raath

I got a spellbook with fc 1/fcr 2 with SDI 8%, I guess that is pretty good, close to max intensity for SDI.

F

frostbite

i have gotten 3 properties a lot with gm scribe and 110 magery ( 85 real)

C

Casey

Max LRC is definitely 16%, not 15%. I have made four 16% LRC books now, so it's not a fluke. This was on a GM Scribe with 120 magery.

O

ogbigblack

I have made quite a books including 20-25 triple propertied books, several drgaon slayers, 1 repond slayer, 2 arachnid slayers and a myriad of other slayers...

does anyone have any #s or %s of the frequency or chance to get a super slayer ( ie Undead Slayer and Demon Slayer)

dear god... i just want them both so I can stop buying scrolls

I

imported_Sarphus

it's possible to get 16% LRC. I've made quite a few 16% lrc books.

E

eisenwyrm

well i just started making these spellbooks, even tho ive had a scribe for a long time

i started retraining at 85 im now 93

my magery is 100 w/ring 110

i just got the ring and i havent noticed a differance in the possible # of stats

but i have noticed that sometimes all i make is crap and today i made 3 super slayers (one with +10 eval) and most else was crap

i have made plenty of 16lrc

but what we need is a scale of how many stat "points" a spellbook can hold and a "1-10" rarity of those points? [kinda like armor enhancing- how armor has a max of stat "points" and the more you try to cram into it, the higher your risk of failure, but of course we arent enhancing but the book hafta have a max level, no?]

its late here and i hope ive been understood

also is there a Library Talisman or other "reward or arty" that gives a +skill to inscription? i have a +% talisman but i really want a +skill :p

G

I started doing spellbooks today and after about ten backpacks filled with 400 scrolls I made 2 Super Slayers in one backpack. One Arachnid and one Repond so that felt pretty good =)
Now I have made about ten more backpacks but no more Supers so far but I´m keeping my fingers crossed...

K

Kathygnome

Tjalle, what's your inscription and magery at? I had similar luck, right off got two. And you don't want to know how many i've done since i last saw a superslayer.

G

Well, at the time I got them both I had GM Inscription and about 105 Magery. Now I have jewelry on to get to 120 Magery but I haven´t gotten another SS yet and I´ve used about 20K+ more scrolls.

Tjalle

M

Mr Mischief

Hehe, 5th book ever crafted, first one with properties was an Undead Slayer. No secondary properties, but a Super Slayed isn't bad.

Done with 110 real magery and 86.1 inscription, no talisman, no modifiers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Max LRC is definitely 16%, not 15%. I have made four 16% LRC books now, so it's not a fluke. This was on a GM Scribe with 120 magery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made a couple of LRC 16% with 115 magery as well.

I got this one today with 115, so I know it is still possible to get 16%. Out of about 90 spellbooks produced, I ended up with five that had LRC as a mod. Three had LRC 14%, one had LRC 15%, and one with LRC 16%. About half of the books I produced had either no property or 1 property, that wasn't worth keeping. I probably got a half dozen of the "useless" slayers - things such as water elemental, snow elemental, etc.

-Skylark

M

MaryJaneSP

I have a question.How can i make a super slayer do i need something special??like a special scrolls?If yes where do they drop?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you don't need any recipe to make a super slayer spellbook. Just a lot of luck.
They are very random as you make your spellbooks. Keep at it and you will make one. The higher your magery the better the odds of getting one.
Good luck!

P

Pah-uh-zahn

You don't have to have higher than GM magery though.

I have a GM mage/scribe, and I have an Ophidian slayer with 16%LRC.

Now If only I learn how to use this inscription talisman......

G

Gladius

If one goes around vendors we see Scrapper's compendiums bare and enhanced priced between 150K to a high of 650K?

How can this be so when crafting one would cost at least 1m in taint a dreadhorn mane and 100 scrolls to say the least. We also have to do the recipe quest at heartwood which one can find rather taxing.

Am I missing out on something here? TIA to your comments.

-G-

B

BajaKurgan

Great Info!

One question...

Any tips on gathering blank scrolls?

I don't ever see any on vendors and traveling around from mage shop to mage shop for 20 at a time is boooooooooooooring!

Kurgan

D

Delakar

1. Make a runebook marked with all the shops you can find that spawn blank scrolls.
2. Get a bonded pack horse.
3. Recall around and buy all the scrolls you can find, in all the shops. Most likely, you'll find 20 in each vendor.
4. Wait 20 minutes or so. Go hunt stuff or craft a bit.
5. Go visit those shops again with your pack beast in tow, and purchase the new stock. Now there will be 40 on each vendor.
6. Go hunt again for another 20 minutes.
7. Go visit the shops again with your pack beast in tow. Now you'll have 80 on each vendor.

Next time after that, you'll have 160 on each vendor. Then 320. Then 640. Then cap at 999.

It take some time to start gathering mass amounts of scrolls, but after 2 visits, you start having more issues with carrying the amount of gold you need, than finding the scrolls. =)

B

BajaKurgan

Thanks Delakar!
I had kind of been doing this, and had once in a while seen as many as 80 scrolls on vendors, but I was unaware of the 20 minute loop. I'm going to give it a shot right now.

One other thing I have heard...

Your reputation has a bearing on the quality of your spellbooks. So, a Glorious Lord/Lady would have a better chance of crafting high quality spellbooks than a wicked character would.

Is that true?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks Delakar!
I had kind of been doing this, and had once in a while seen as many as 80 scrolls on vendors, but I was unaware of the 20 minute loop. I'm going to give it a shot right now.

One other thing I have heard...

Your reputation has a bearing on the quality of your spellbooks. So, a Glorious Lord/Lady would have a better chance of crafting high quality spellbooks than a wicked character would.

Is that true?
Nope

B

BajaKurgan

Thanks Storm

I just ran Delakar's scroll gathering technique and now have 37,172 Blank scrolls.

Hopefully that will be enough to get all the super slayers.

B

BajaKurgan

After 37,167 scrolls here are my results...

1 - Reptile Slayer
1 - Undead Slayer
2 - Demon Slayers

9 - LRC 16% books

and a bunch of others, of which a fair amount look like this...

Spellbook
Blessed
0 Spells :D

So, is there a Spellbook swap program?
Like I have an extra Demon Slayer and you have an extra Repond Slayer "Lets Swap"?

X

XCodes

whats the price of these super slayer spellbooks?
Millions. Within 10 minutes of crafting a Repond Slayer I got it bought off me for 2.5m, no other mods attached. In all likelyhood the value would go up even more if it had other good mods accompanying it. The Slayers mentioned above will likely go for even more since they're all keyed to major Fel Champ Spawns (that Reptile Slayer is likely worth the most. Doing the Cold Blood spawn in Fel yields ridiculous amounts of horned/barbed leather, gold, and magic items in addition to the PScrolls).

Also, after scribing a few thousand books it seems that in addition to mods requiring 80 magery to appear in the first place, some mods require higher magery. +9% ED and +16% LRC apparently require 105-110 Magery to craft. Super Slayers have roughly the same requirements.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My findings and a question :)

I bough 60k scrolls and have used 35k so far.
(110 magery/100 inscription)

Those 35k scrolls made me:
  • 2 Demon slayers one with 9%SDI (Sold the other one for 1 mill on my vendor)
  • 1 Repond slayer
  • 5 Dragon slayers 2 of them with aditional mods
  • 20 or so books with 3 mods
  • +100 books with 2 mods (non slayer)
  • +50 books with slayer and 1 extra mod

I still hope I will get the other super slayers before my stack of scrolls reaches zero :)

I have seen on some vendors that there are spellbooks with 4 mods... some with 22 to 25% SDI and other mods (And they are not scrappers or other named books) where do they come from? are they craftable?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen on some vendors that there are spellbooks with 4 mods... some with 22 to 25% SDI and other mods (And they are not scrappers or other named books) where do they come from? are they craftable?
Those dropped during the town invasions from some mobs (spellcasting generals).

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just curious ....
Has anyone already mentioned that you now (with SA) are able to craft necromancer and mysticism spellbooks with stats too?
Those seem to follow the same pattern as magery spellbooks with some exceptions:
- the higher your necromancy/mysticism is, the higher is your chance for mods on the corresponding spellbook
- necromancy replaces magery on necro spellbooks
- mysticism replaces magery on mystic spellbooks

I also suspect a bug with necromancer spellbooks and reported it. Imho spirit speak should replace eval int on necrobooks since it is functionally eval for necros. Spirit speak doesnt show up on them but eval does.

X

xStrikerx

Just to throw some slayer crafting data out there...

All of the data was taken at 100 Inscription and most was at 110 Magery
~20,000 spellbooks (I didn't count blank scrolls but I would say at least 210,000)

3 Arachnid
2 Demon
4 Elemental
6 Repond
1 Reptile
2 Undead

18 Total

This averages me at about 1:1100 spellbooks is a super slayer, only 1 had an extra mod (+5 int on a Repond). 3 mod books come about 1-3 per 100 but I stopped tracking and keeping the majority of those.

I wanted to reset my data now that I have 120 magery.

I also had 2 +30 skill books (+11 magery/+11 eval/+11 med and +9 magery/+11 eval/+11 resist)