• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Spell from Hotkey should not count as Last Spell!

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty much the same thing as Target Self counting as Last Target.

Currently when I cast mini heal from CTRL+B, I press my Last Spell macro hotkey and it casts... mini heal!

It should be like this: I click on a spell icon in my screen (Poison Field). I cast a mini heal from hotkey and then I use my last spell macro hotkey -> casts poison field. In short: using the Last Spell macro should always trigger the spell which you've casted last via clicking a spell icon.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I don't agree with that all, Last spell should be whatever was last cast, regardless of how it was cast.

F

Fink

The "last spell" in Legacy client is the last one manually selected from an icon, rather than the last one invoked by a macro/key. Seems to me if you have a spell macro'd you don't really need a last spell macro to hit it again, unless you're doing something different with targeting.

I guess it boils down to personal preference, in which case I find a choice is always best. Perhaps "last spell (clicked)" and "last spell (any)"?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In short: using the Last Spell macro should always trigger the spell which you've casted last via clicking a spell icon.
100% in agreement. This is how the classic (2d) client works and what I think the developers should do in SA if they are serious about trying to get 2d users to make the switch. There are a number of spells that I don't want to set up a hotkey for because I don't use them that often and I already have 75+ hot keys assigned. When I need to use those spells, it isn't unusual to need to use them more than once in that situation, but interspersed with casting other spells that are on a hotkey. Knowing that odd spell that has no hotkey is temporarily assigned to "Last Spell" has always been very handy.

The same logic should apply to the "Last Skill" action...use last skill used from an icon, not a hotkey.