• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell damage increase hard cap is 250

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get to 253 with a max sdi suit, grapes of wrath, bard buffs, reaper form and arcane impowerment but game only shows 250 and my wod does 1207 using a 47% sdi book or a 50% sdi book.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't there a diminishing returns calc that kicks in somewhere around 150 SDI? I noticed that after a certain point in SDI doing a reaper form or AE has almost no effect on actual damage.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not trying to split hairs, but the gargoyle racial bonus "Berserk" gives you a spell damage bonus cap. If the bonus cap is applied to your experimental settings, it is probably over 250 SDI. Again, just for the records :D

Thanks for testing this!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not trying to split hairs, but the gargoyle racial bonus "Berserk" gives you a spell damage bonus cap. If the bonus cap is applied to your experimental settings, it is probably over 250 SDI. Again, just for the records :D

Thanks for testing this!
+3% Spell Damage Increase for each 20% health lost (12% spell damage bonus cap) the problem about gargoyles is they can't wear half the gear that has all the spell damage on it, like spell woven britches, or battle mage tunic or even midnight bracers or cuffs.

I didnt know there was a hard cap on SDI tho thanks. with that much spell damage increase now, you could probably beat my 2013' record on DarkFather when I did a WoD of 1966 damage.
1966 dmgg.png

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the problem about gargoyles is they can't wear half the gear that has all the spell damage on it, like spell woven britches, or battle mage tunic or even midnight bracers or cuffs.
View attachment 103173
Spell woven britches are alterable. There is a Mantle of the Fallen that has the same SDI as the Protector of the Battle Mage. Cuffs of the Archmage are alterable. AFAIK, Hawkwinds does not have a good alternative, but that's about it.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spell woven britches are alterable. There is a Mantle of the Fallen that has the same SDI as the Protector of the Battle Mage. Cuffs of the Archmage are alterable. AFAIK, Hawkwinds does not have a good alternative, but that's about it.
good to know , is there a Jumu's Sacred Hide gargoyles version also?