• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

speculations on coming changes?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so after reading a couple posts here of late, and im sure everyone has read some if not all of them.

what, if anything, do you all think will be happening with our beloved factions in the near future?

i know they are talking about killing of the existing point system and replcing it with one that will accuratlly reflect peoples activity in pvp.

so does that mean that thieves will get the shaft again? (my question)

how do ya think they will change the system to 'accuratlly reflect people who are active'

there was a lot of talk about going to 3 factions.

there was talk about order and chaos comeing back into factions or them being all mixed together.

its the end of the year, i thought maybe a discussion or wrap up would be in order to talk about these issues.
and i think we can all agree that this lasts year (2009) has by far been the buisiest in uo factions for a lont long LONG time.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
from the december 7th post on the ask the dev page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystul View Post
Will there ever be any plans to clear the faction points system? Some shards have an insane amount of points which really mess with ranking...Basically, will this ever be cleared & will the way points are distributed be tweaked in a way it don't happen again?
We are working on a prototype of a new scoring system for Factions right now. The plan is to publish it to a Test Center once it's ready, in order both to test it with lots of players and to give y'all an opportunity to give feedback on it.

Once it's tested, tweaked, re-tested, etc. and we're happy with it, it'll go into a live publish. The new system will be significantly different in design from the old one, built in such a way that it'll be difficult enough to exploit that it would be easier just to go out and fight for real. There won't be any carry forward of old score information, so it will be a complete reset.

We're not ready to discuss the details of how the new system will work yet. We want to get it out on Test Center and let you experience it for yourself before we start discussing the details of the design. Theory crafting is fine but I believe a working proof-of-concept is a hundred times better.

Quote:
Also, can we introduce a new way for players to obtain warhorses?
The new scoring system will mean a new way of assigning ranks, and a new way of obtaining faction bennies -- not just horses, but equipment and consumables as well. The most important design goal here is to make it so that you have to actually participate in faction PvP in order to reap the rewards of having these things. That's only fair!

Again, we're not to the point where we are ready to talk about the details, but we will be before long. Stay tuned!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it makes sense to provide feedback on a system we know nothing about.

Once some details are revealed we can all put our two cents in.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thought we may wanna spitball

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing away with there latest changes would be a good start, but I would like to read exactly what they have in store for faction overall number 2 before telling them they are screwing things up again.

Hopefully the last changes was just a test run and they will more or less go back to the old system but with more shiny pretty items.. everybody loves shinny pretty items.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as much as i love the old way factions use to be.

there is no denying that we havnt seen the numbers of people in years that we are seeing now, and that is 100% due to the items.

so hate the items all ya want, they did bring people back into factions.

maybe no so much on the big production shards (i havnt been there in a while) but on the smaller servers (the ones im on) the numbers are massive compared to what they where before the event arc started and the items came out.

R

RollinTheTweed

Poo Im an old factions vet myself from the hay days. I can't agree more old factions was better, but I do however love how they gave thieves points after stealing/taking over sigils.

Sonoma factions have picked up quite a bit man.

C

CatLord

TB under Dawns rule...
Com absorbed by TB due to the death of its lead magus.

SL vanishing due to the destruction of the shadowlords even if in the uo lore they survived... (inside the shards...)

Min coming full strenght... with the Dread Lady Minax defending what Dawn wants to claim...

Felucca.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TB under Dawns rule...

SL vanishing due to the destruction of the shadowlords even if in the uo lore they survived... (inside the shards...)

Min coming full strenght... with the Dread Lady Minax defending what Dawn wants to claim...

Felucca.
????????

:coco:

C

CatLord

TB under Dawns rule...

Felucca.

Fight!

C

CatLord

TB under Dawns rule...

Felucca.
????????

:coco:

:gee: not coco... farsighted.