• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Server Ruleset Idea

• Thread starter Lairkingo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lairkingo

I think WAR should have some special ruleset servers where all players start out at max level. The player still wouldn't have any equipment, etc. Also the quests could be modified so the player would still have some incentive to progress through the "quest chain" and different areas.

However, I think in terms of letting players who sort of like PvP but don't want to always play on a PvP server take part in PvP and even more importantly in terms of letting people experiment with all sorts of different race/class combinations.

T

Torrent_of_Fire

I know I'm going to be the minority here, but I really like this idea. I think a lot of people miss out in MMOs by never getting to experience a bulk of the gameplay experience b/c they can only really devote time to a certain playstyle and race/class.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think WAR should have some special ruleset servers where all players start out at max level.
As a server for everyday gameplay i'm not a big fan of this idea. However, as a semi persistent "test" server that you could in theory play on as your main server its probably doable.

The biggest problem i see is that it would draw a lot of attention away from the standard rule set servers and might actually disrupt the server population balance.

Something like that could actually kill an entire game if not managed properly or restricted in some way.