• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Moves...wtf??

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Made a new template and thought I'd prove it out by taking the skills to test center (wanted to make sure I could do the special moves if I had +tactics on my jewels). Everything worked fine 60 real skill+30 on jewels. Finish the suit on prodo shard and I can't use either special move.

Go back to test center to see why and a bare naked toon wielding only a wep and the exact same skills as I have only requires 30 skill for primary and 60 skill for secondary. Now I may be dumb...but who the hell wants a TEST center that doesn't TEST under the same damn parameters as the real game?!

UO Guide gives no insight to NOT being able to use +skill to reach the required skill nor does it state that the required skill can be lowered.... @Mesanna @Kyronix

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Made a new template and thought I'd prove it out by taking the skills to test center (wanted to make sure I could do the special moves if I had +tactics on my jewels). Everything worked fine 60 real skill+30 on jewels. Finish the suit on prodo shard and I can't use either special move.

Go back to test center to see why and a bare naked toon wielding only a wep and the exact same skills as I have only requires 30 skill for primary and 60 skill for secondary. Now I may be dumb...but who the hell wants a TEST center that doesn't TEST under the same damn parameters as the real game?!

UO Guide gives no insight to NOT being able to use +skill to reach the required skill nor does it state that the required skill can be lowered.... @Mesanna @Kyronix
Special Moves – Ultima Online

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The stuff on test isn't on production shards yet. Those changes aren't confirmed and are still highly subject to change. There's quite a few threads about it in Uhall. They were removing the Tactics requirement altogether the other day.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
ya...don't really pay attention to uhall. guess I should've learned. so in light of all that...everybody vote for the removal of tactics req. so my suit is the way I planned it :D

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Test Center should test different parameters of the game. It's best those go on TC before going live.

It looks like they're modifying the Tactics requirement to make it less than the current 70/90, but not eliminating entirely. Personally, I think that's the right move for balance. Probably should keep an eye on what the final verdict is before making any massive changes to suit/template ;)

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree it should go to TC before going live. No dispute there. But some of us don't frequent UHall to see proposed changes. Would it be too much to ask for a pop up when logging into TC saying something like "At the present time points 1-4 are being tested". I mean there's 100 different things to pay attention to when you're building a suit and its extremely easy to miss something. There's countless hours going into mods and special parameters and whatnot. It's not too much to ask that a quick memo comes up in TC when you log in...even if it's designed to come up every single time you log into it. That way I can't complain when I design something and don't look at UHall.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even if it's designed to come up every single time you log into it. That way I can't complain when I design something and don't look at UHall.
It comes up every time you load the client.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't believe the same message comes up for EC...unless I overlook it. I see a "Thanks to a very last minute donation we're operational for another 3-4 months" for Pincos UI EC.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Pinco's UI is a 100% 3rd party UI - there's absolutely no reason to assume that the author would put in the extra work to show the news feed too.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hence my original request. It's a completely acceptable 3rd party program but it doesn't show potential changes. So if that's all I see when I log in I don't see the proposed changes. Is it really that much to ask for a pop up in TC when logging in to show the current proposals?? Now having tuned in a bit more I've seen 4-5 changes to the original pub changes where original changes were altered, deleted, some new features added, etc.

The solutions everyone's providing so far are to either maintain a constant presence on the forums to keep up with the updates or play in CC which is something I stopped doing at EC's inception.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
After starting Pinco's UI select "update and start" button and you should see a picture from #8.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hence my original request. It's a completely acceptable 3rd party program but it doesn't show potential changes. So if that's all I see when I log in I don't see the proposed changes. Is it really that much to ask for a pop up in TC when logging in to show the current proposals?? Now having tuned in a bit more I've seen 4-5 changes to the original pub changes where original changes were altered, deleted, some new features added, etc.

The solutions everyone's providing so far are to either maintain a constant presence on the forums to keep up with the updates or play in CC which is something I stopped doing at EC's inception.
Or you could do what I do. I have uo.com set as my 'home page' in firefox, so when I start each day by checking my emails I also see what news has come from the uo team. The 'uo news' threads on Stratics are merely an rss feed from there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So your complaint is that you're too lazy to bother doing the only things that solve YOUR problem? Guess you're f'uck'ed then.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just because I CAN walk from my house to Alaska doesn't mean its the most efficient way to do it...and at no point was this thread supposed to get to the point where I was being accused of being lazy. If this is something that hindered my process but could be better (i.e. a popup when logging into TC that says what's currently different from prodo gameplay) then what's so wrong with that? Aren't players feedback exactly whats triggering the newest pub? Just because I had an issue with it doesn't mean my potential solution is invalid...nor does it mean I'm lazy...kinda an ignorant comment to make don't you think?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Just because I CAN walk from my house to Alaska doesn't mean its the most efficient way to do it...and at no point was this thread supposed to get to the point where I was being accused of being lazy. If this is something that hindered my process but could be better (i.e. a popup when logging into TC that says what's currently different from prodo gameplay) then what's so wrong with that? Aren't players feedback exactly whats triggering the newest pub? Just because I had an issue with it doesn't mean my potential solution is invalid...nor does it mean I'm lazy...kinda an ignorant comment to make don't you think?
Gtfo of here with that bs lol. Are you for real. You're comparing you having to click open a web browser on the rare occasion you have to log in to test for something to walking to Alaska? You sound literally like every dumbass customer I deal with on a daily basis. "I didn't read the terms and conditions, and now I can't do what I wanted to do, what are YOU going to do to fix it for me?!" Advise you to read the terms and conditions and stop wasting everybody's time with your bs.

What I think is ignorant is expecting a game with limited resources, to waste those resources on some pointless little feature, just because you're too lazy to read a publish note.