• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special Abilities a Closer Look

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on Test Center most of the night trying out different Special Abilities. I know that Bane Dragons and Ki-rins get these. For the purpose of testing many Ki-rins were used. Ki-rins have a natural ability called Force of Nature this ones a freebie. If the tamer is at 1/3rd their health it will cast lightning on the opponent while mounted.

One thing I`m not certain about is the Special Abilities mana cost. Test subjects were all spell casters.

Angry Fire- this despite the description is basically an extra fireball attack every few seconds. Pretty much hit fireball for pets.
Inferno- this is basically a flame strike with a slight fire resist debuff my observation it seem -3 to -8 off fire resist.
Conductive Blast- doesn't do any damage, however it seems to cut energy resist in half. Greater Dragon had Energy Resist of 74 and cut it down to 34. Another one had Energy Resist of 59 and was reduced to 28.
Lightning Force- It basically cause a secondary damage with each attack that is energy based. Its very similar to immolate weapon from Spell Weaving. You see an extra 8 to 12 damage with each attack.
Raging Breath- Its essential a flame strike with a minor dot of damage added to it. There is the burst of damage from flame strike then you get about 3 ticks of minor damage like 3,2,3 over a few seconds.
Mana Drain- This is just like the Magery Spell. It will keep a single opponent out of mana. Your pet doesn't gain any mana back doing this.
Life Steal- causes energy damage and cause a heal overtime. This does heal a pet, but not a large amount. This would be useful with Hit Point regeneration of 20 and consume damage.
Tail Swipe- this is direct damage attack with a chance to cause paralyze and cause confusion. It can also cause the reduction of Intelligence (might be mana) and dexterity. Direct damage seemed to be around 35. One in every 9 or 10 hits it seems to cause confusion. You get the message *xxxxx is confused*.

I didn't test Grasping Claw, Searing Wounds, or Reflect Damage. Grasping Claw is an attack that does physical damage and debuffs your physical resist. Searing Wounds cause a reduction in the ability to be healed for a period of time. Reflect Damage should do what the name says,

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My two fav color Cus have Conductive Blast and AI. They lowered the duration of CB.

My pink Cu got angry fire. That was pretty useless.

Have a cu with tail swipe. It sits in the stable.

Grasping claw works.

Thanks

Work on the area abilities next. :Begging:

I have pets with a few of those besides Goo.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Publish 100 saw this change:

Pet AI: Lightning Force’s stun is no longer guaranteed to trigger, and the stun chance can be reduced by the target’s Resisting Spells skill.

Makes me wonder what else isn't common knowledge :p

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hmmm...energy drake+conductive blast could be pretty amazing, if they can get it. Did you find that the pet used conductive blast often? What is the duration?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Conductive blast is 4 seconds. Pet hits at 1.25 with 150 stamina. At typical mana recovery rate (370 int, 30 mr, 120 focus/med) a mana dumped pet is going to use a special ability costing 30 mana at most 8.5 a minute. Energy drakes come preloaded with dragon breath, which will split that 8.5 times a minute with conductive blast (sometimes more db, sometimes more conductive blast, it's random) Then you have to factor in a 50% miss rate for equal wrestling. Better off with the EoO/Divine Fury/CW damage modifiers, imo

Not sure why year-old threads are being bumped with things that have changed since they have been posted. There was a large discussion on Pub 100 and all the changes it brought, including ability changes.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deadly Serous skill in Threadnomancy has increased by 0.1.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not to recast the animate thread spell here, but since I am under the impression that elemental Drakes can't be trained in any special abilities because they already have Dragon Breath.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not to recast the animate thread spell here, but since I am under the impression that elemental Drakes can't be trained in any special abilities because they already have Dragon Breath.
lol, you are correct. That's what i get for answering a post when i first wake up. I need to stop posting when i'm still asleep. Yes, they cannot get conductive blast, but the post is basically for anything anything with conductive blast... it's just not worth the training and mana points.

Uni's would do for 1/4 of their damage, unless you wanted to death ray, even then... dont think it's worth it.
CU, 1/2 their damage is energy debuffed, split with healing, bleed and ai, not worth it.

Last edited: