• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawning chests ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just dusted off some skills and went out to check dungeon chests, and they still suck. Any chance these will ever get a boost ? And can you also add chests to Ilsh ? It's only been what ? 14 years or more ? @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix @ya'll.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Say what?

The chests have been repeatedly improved, and there's been Ilshenar T-MAps (and Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur) for the better part of a decade, now.
Please re-read my post...dungeon chests...not T Maps

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, my apologies - still half-asleep. I've not done a dungeon chest (other than hitting one with a Unlock) in almost 14 years. The loot definitely sucks on those, but there's been so many options for LP training other than those, that the only period that 99.9% of players even thought about it, was during the release of the "upgraded" Shame, because the then-new loot was chest spawn then too as a side effect of the coding for the dungeon.

I doubt they have anyone on staff that even knows where to FIND dungeon chest coding in that mess of spaghetti code (according to the ML/KR era devs, the devs from before SE almost never documented or commented in code, probably thinking that a UO2 would be released before 2005).

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a little boost like 105 PS's so pure dungeon T-hunters could get a little love. On Siege I'll have LP/Detect/Remove/Hide/Stealth/Ninja/Mage, everything that's needed and required, and it's fun to do, it's just not worth the effort.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Add some special potions/reagents in chests?