• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Spawn changes for Hoards?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed last night that I had two Hoard maps that spawned Frost DRAGONS (not just the cold drakes).

Before the changes, only level 7s (now Troves) had the Frost Dragons.

And, I've not seen a Greater Dragon AT ALL from a hoard map.

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed last night that I had two Hoard maps that spawned Frost DRAGONS (not just the cold drakes).

Before the changes, only level 7s (now Troves) had the Frost Dragons.

And, I've not seen a Greater Dragon AT ALL from a hoard map.
My dad and I tried to duo a hoard map. We had both Frost Dragons and Greater Dragons. This was a couple of weeks ago. We did not finish it, sadly.

marcbobb72

Hunter/ The Syndicate
Stratics Veteran
I worked several Hoard and Trove Maps today and have yet to see any Frost Dragons. On the Hoard maps I did have Cold Drakes, I T-Hunt alone, hope that helps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I worked several Hoard and Trove Maps today and have yet to see any Frost Dragons. On the Hoard maps I did have Cold Drakes, I T-Hunt alone, hope that helps.
I almost always T-Hunt alone, unless helping others or doing a map of my own that's in an otherwise dangerous place (for example, you want to have a posse to go with you on an Eodon Supply, let alone Cache, Hoard or Trove, if it's in the middle of T-Rex Central).

You've just been lucky. I've actually helped AT LEAST five people TAME Frost Dragons that came from my Hoard maps. So, I know I'm not mistaken.

Plus, until the cold damage hits you, you usually can't tell a FD from a GD when their Ancient Chest Guardian versions spawn (and that's generally when it turns from your pet or summons and EATS you).

marcbobb72

Hunter/ The Syndicate
Stratics Veteran
Very true and thank you for the insight Basara. Today I broke the mold and hit my first Hoard in Fel with Frost Dragons …..