• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawn Change to 1st Floor?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else seeing the spawns on the 1st floor scattered around now with barely any spawn at the 2nd floor ramp down? It seems the devs moved everything around so that the spawn is mixed in with all the dragons in the center and the two side areas on the east / north. Its pretty spread out now. Second floor is hard to tell at the moment because someone trained all the paragons to the ramp.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From what I can tell, the spawn has been moved from the pathway to the open spaces on the first floor. The spawn on the second floor seems similar--perhaps a little reduced--but the spawn on the third floor has been significantly reduced. This is all speculation, btw, based on my couple hours of playtime since it went live again in Tram. It's made a massive improvement. Now the scripters are just huddled together in a single spot, picking off the occasional grave unicorn that wanders that way, haha.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I can tell, the spawn has been moved from the pathway to the open spaces on the first floor. The spawn on the second floor seems similar--perhaps a little reduced--but the spawn on the third floor has been significantly reduced. This is all speculation, btw, based on my couple hours of playtime since it went live again in Tram. It's made a massive improvement. Now the scripters are just huddled together in a single spot, picking off the occasional grave unicorn that wanders that way, haha.
This is what I see when only a few people are in the dungeon. But it definitely looks different. Maybe some of the thin areas will produce more spawn as more people come in. But the thin areas I am seeing now always had lots of spawn even when 2-3 people were in the dungeon late night / early morning:

First Floor: The North section is pretty well populated now. the North East has more spawn. The center is very mixed & now you have to deal with the one shot breath paragons constantly. The 2nd stair down area was way to reduced - there are only 1-2 mobs at any given time. Second Floor: There seems to be an increase in spawn and a bit more scattered. This area is a lot more challenging now to solo when it as at full spawn. Third Floor: Spawn quantity is nerfed to hell. Half a dozen mobs at one time now. Also the spawn rate is not instant anymore in most places.

The north section right now that I am seeing has the most spawn.

I am so glad I aggressively got everything I needed the first week. I dreaded the day they put a treasures event here. Personally I think, Destard is a horrible dungeon for this type of event. The amount of "death breath" mobs is way too much for the average player just trying to get a few items.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am so glad I aggressively got everything I needed the first week. I dreaded the day they put a treasures event here. Personally I think, Destard is a horrible dungeon for this type of event. The amount of "death breath" mobs is way too much for the average player just trying to get a few items.
if you think Destard is bad, just imagine if it was Shame.
can you imagine fighting Crazed Mage paragons?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you think Destard is bad, just imagine if it was Shame.
can you imagine fighting Crazed Mage paragons?
I do not look forward to that when it happens. But at least Shame has multiple floors and a huge layout.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not look forward to that when it happens. But at least Shame has multiple floors and a huge layout.
Yes I think Shame will be great. Lots of different types of spawn and many floors. I can't imagine what those mud guys can do to us in super paragon form.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The drop rate just sucks now.
For the last few weeks i hunted the north of L1 on Drachs. The spawn rate was low but my tamer was able to get 4-5 drops an hour regular.
Just now i played an hour. The spawn is way higher than before.
Result: 3 drops, a gray robe, a pet to resurrect. But i had for sure to kill 3x the mobs.
I think i'm done with the event. Grrrrrrr

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was pretty disappointed with the changes today. Far too much running around for the amount of spawn. Definitely felt like it needed more of the lower lever mobs and fewer of those capable of massive fire breath damage. Between Dragons, Drakes, Crimson Drakes, Greater Dragons, and Shadow Wyrms that can all spawn as Paragons which do 60+ damage breath attacks, it’s drastically unbalanced IMO. Personally I’m fine with all of them spawning, but I think it should be limited/rotated on which can be paragons… maybe only 2 per cycle. Definitely need more fey spawn as well.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that there are more people, the thin spawn areas are not increasing in spawn. Even the north section which had a lot of mobs this afternoon is thin. The second floor is full, but so many bad paragons on the ramp, you die almost instantly. The center spawn seems slow now too. Overall this is a bust of an event unless they fix what they broke.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am stunned people are whining about the changes. It was nearly unbearable before with the scripters, who have now all vanished.

Unless, of course, those complaining here ARE part of that group. Admit it!

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am stunned people are whining about the changes. It was nearly unbearable before with the scripters, who have now all vanished.

Lol...I was reading the complaints! I play old school, 2d, mouse clicks and button mashing. I normally get 1-3 drops an hour. Any event, if I play a couple hours a day, I can get 1 top tier prize by the end of a month long event. Someone was bragging they had 1000 drops in a single day! How about a 'magic' event? You know...where a 120 Mysto can do with a single area spell, the same damage a Samp can do just standing there? at least I'm pushing a button.
Oh but wait..."If I don't like it..."

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol...I was reading the complaints! I play old school, 2d, mouse clicks and button mashing. I normally get 1-3 drops an hour. Any event, if I play a couple hours a day, I can get 1 top tier prize by the end of a month long event. Someone was bragging they had 1000 drops in a single day! How about a 'magic' event? You know...where a 120 Mysto can do with a single area spell, the same damage a Samp can do just standing there? at least I'm pushing a button.
Oh but wait..."If I don't like it..."
The complaints do sort of crack me up. I just think people are used to finding ways to "game" the game, so to say.

"Wait, you're telling me I have to move around? And occasionally see a big, scary monster???"

Last edited:
Reactions: dvv

mihali

Sage
Now that there are more people, the thin spawn areas are not increasing in spawn. Even the north section which had a lot of mobs this afternoon is thin. The second floor is full, but so many bad paragons on the ramp, you die almost instantly. The center spawn seems slow now too. Overall this is a bust of an event unless they fix what they broke.
I guess they are paying close attention to what is being posted here and in their forum : They were accused of the ultimate sin - favoring/siding with the unattended macroers - scripters - bots in this event. Wrongly of course. So they acted upon these complaints and spread the spawn ALL over, which is fine actually more fun. But after doing this they should increase drop rates somehow also.
Another thing they could do is increase the "spawner" numbers but keep the spawn rate not too insane, so the dungeon is a little busier.
Any rates the event is fun, and I also play a couple of hours a day.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, they were a total bane. Despite having multiple bots killing everything around them I got my 720 drops in a week by resorting to playing an archer. I did not stand in the "pit of archers" either. I bounced around from place to place. Prime time tonight there was barely enough spawn for 6 decent / well geared players.

I have already seen them adapting. Instead of archer bots standing in one place, we have a roaming band of 3 throwers all following each other running around in a random pattern purposely ignoring the paragons and killing the regular spawns.

mihali

Sage
So.. If we are only 2 weeks into this event, and we have 6 more weeks to go, I wonder how many people coming a little late into this event will be really unhappy now, especially since they were not on the "first two magical days"?

mihali

Sage
I think they will re-think the process of "adjusting" in a day or 2. I saw lots of people fuming mad outside Destard, and the dungeon player census plummeted in all the smaller shards. I guess they are dungeon sitting, and not bank sitting lol.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they will re-think the process of "adjusting" in a day or 2. I saw lots of people fuming mad outside Destard, and the dungeon player census plummeted in all the smaller shards. I guess they are dungeon sitting, and not bank sitting lol.
Before this recent change, the dungeon was full of players during prime time and a decent amount during off hours. Now during off hours, barely anyone around and maybe 10 players during prime time.

During the other treasures events I only remember a major complaint of bots was the Ice dungeon on Atlantic on lvl 2 where everything is easy to control and dominate. I don't understand why the devs are so short sighted. People want spawn everywhere and a decent respawn. As long as the spawn is not dominated by bots, most people don't care. We had this in Deceit, Ice, Hythloth. Even Fire was not "that" bad. No one person or groups of bots could totally dominate the prime spots. In one or two smaller isolated areas maybe. But overall people were happy. It is like the devs totally forgot all the successful events and why we liked them.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Before this recent change, the dungeon was full of players during prime time and a decent amount during off hours. Now during off hours, barely anyone around and maybe 10 players during prime time.

During the other treasures events I only remember a major complaint of bots was the Ice dungeon on Atlantic on lvl 2 where everything is easy to control and dominate. I don't understand why the devs are so short sighted. People want spawn everywhere and a decent respawn. As long as the spawn is not dominated by bots, most people don't care. We had this in Deceit, Ice, Hythloth. Even Fire was not "that" bad. No one person or groups of bots could totally dominate the prime spots. In one or two smaller isolated areas maybe. But overall people were happy. It is like the devs totally forgot all the successful events and why we liked them.
It wasn’t full of “players.” It was full of scripters.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wasn’t full of “players.” It was full of scripters.
Aka different Play style players. If a game with 2000 accounts has that many scripters I can't imagine how many are in popular games.

According to you everyone is a scripter.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aka different Play style players. If a game with 2000 accounts has that many scripters I can't imagine how many are in popular games.

Scripting is not a “play style.” You simply will not get any sympathy from me on this point.

Did you experience this event on Atl prior to the changes? The pathways to the ramps on the first floor were jammed with archer bots that fired the moment an enemy appeared. It was pathetic and I’m not afraid to say it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scripting is not a “play style.” You simply will not get any sympathy from me on this point.

Did you experience this event on Atl prior to the changes? The pathways to the ramps on the first floor were jammed with archer bots that fired the moment an enemy appeared. It was pathetic and I’m not afraid to say it.
Did you page on them?

I'd say yes you did. Then a GM talked to them and found out they were attended.

I do have sympathy for you. You should find a game that brings you joy.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Posted this on official forum late last night, but wanted to share here too...

Some general feedback after playing on Atlantic Tram side tonight:
- Lag was fixed compared to last few weeks. Kudos on that.
- Spawn rate is so-so. A little slower than before, but was relatively enough stuff to kill. Some areas, like level 3, had very little spawn when I was on.. but the "main room" had plenty of spawn at all times.
- Due to open area nature of Destard as compared to other dungeons, paragons are much more difficult to deal with. As others have pointed out, ranged fighters are basically hitting all the normal spawn and leaving trains of paragons that just destroy you. Especially with the dismount from the Treefellows, melee fighters and sampires have a tough time. There is no where to try to group the paragons into a corner or choke point and create a "grinder" with other players to fight back against them. All players basically just scatter. Difficult to strategize how to deal with this one.
- Drop rate is atrocious. I had less than 10 drops from start to finish after popping a potion. Seeing several others with similar comments in the various Discord servers I am in.

I can understand that strategies for dealing with spawn in this event will need to be different compared to past events due to the unique dungeon layout, but too many paragons and drop rate too low.

Overall, an improvement from a playability perspective, but still need to calibrate further to find the right mix between spawn and drops.

Sidenote: I still hope they re-open Fel side again to give players another option. Had a blast on the weekend event.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did you page on them?

I'd say yes you did. Then a GM talked to them and found out they were attended.

I do have sympathy for you. You should find a game that brings you joy.
No, I didn’t “page” on them. You obviously didn’t experience it — I’m not exaggerating when I say the halls were filled with dozens of obvious bots. Wall-to-wall. Even stronger creatures like Shadow Wyrms dropped in less than a second because they were hit with a thousand arrows the moment they spawned.

I had fun with the event before and I’ll continue to have fun with it. But continue to believe the spawn was changed randomly rather than to address the massive scripting issue.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too many paragons, paragons are overpowered, and these paragons don't even have chocolatiering ingredients.
Feys were supposedly bringing eggs to Destard... but I'm not seeing any eggs in there, nor a big egg-sucking Boss.
Color me disappointed.
$0.02

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But continue to believe the spawn was changed randomly rather than to address the massive scripting issue.
Yes they changed it because of the scripting complaints.

Now we all suffer as usual.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How can you not tell the difference between an ATTENDED player and a scripter? You've been playing for a while now. It isn't hard to tell.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can you not tell the difference between an ATTENDED player and a scripter? You've been playing for a while now. It isn't hard to tell.
Then report them. But somehow they answer when the GM talks to them.

You are talking to someone who has 3 devices that I am attending most of my waking hours.

If I can be at multiple things with my sloth like agility, I'm sure others can do also.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then report them. But somehow they answer when the GM talks to them.

You are talking to someone who has 3 devices that I am attending most of my waking hours.

If I can be at multiple things with my sloth like agility, I'm sure others can do also.
you do realize that scripts are very capable of doing that, don't you? Or recall when other players show up. Reds specifically.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was getting 2 drops an hour before I found out the piles where my friend when I got an archer in there was I was getting around 10 to 15 an hour. Now I am get 1 drop an hour the other events I was AVG 10 to 20 an hour. So again this event is done for me I will need to farm 23hrs a day 7 days a week for almost 3 weeks for spell book thanks Devs

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even with the crappy spawn and drop rates I've gotten 5 quivers and 2 ankh and still lots of time left while I did get 100 or so the first crazy day it's mostly 3 or 4 hours after work

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You don’t even play on Atlantic and you did not see what everyone has been talking about so I don't think your comments are valid on this issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yall would say this guy is scripting.
In regular EC go to Main Menu then go to agent settings. Click on the little arrow at top and select scavenger. From there u want to add by type. So click on that then click on egg. You do have to add all the colors and types of eggs but doesn't take that long to get all the different ones. Then just run over top of eggs while holding shift and control and it sucks them up :)

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yall would say this guy is scripting.
Nope. That’s just an EC feature.

You are commenting on something you did not witness, so drop the condescension. You would be hard pressed to find anyone on ATL who would say there was no afk scripting going on before the recent change.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know you can set your macro in EC to repeat like 100k times right,or event to target the nearest blue and heal them if they are below 100% health?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Hazel868789 I'll be back Friday night. Maybe you can teach me egg gathering. That's not much fun for me but the dungeon sounds bad. First I need to click a beetle full of eggs that Gabby gave me.

Enjoy

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Hazel868789 I'll be back Friday night. Maybe you can teach me egg gathering. That's not much fun for me but the dungeon sounds bad. First I need to click a beetle full of eggs that Gabby gave me.

Enjoy
Geez, i gotta delete the previous comment. A moment of RAGING about scripters and railers. Arrg, sometimes I do have my head up my fourth point of contact. Be Safe