• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spare 30 points

• Thread starter BCC minsterofdefence
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BCC minsterofdefence

im going about ajusting my template and its left me with 30 spare points which im not sure what to do with.

temp:
120 mace
120 parry
115 tactics
90 anat
90 bushi
100 heal
65 chiv

which adds to 690 of my 720

my first thought was med but since i just spent 6 mil building a all 70's suit with MR 8 15 lmc 45 hci 45 dci. mana isnt my biggest concern. my other thought was resisting spells but would 30 do anything for me?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might look into increasing bushido. Using the stratics parry calculator, at 120 parry and 90 bushido with 140 dex the odds of blocking with shield is 12%, one handed weap 27%, 2 handed weap 31%. 120 parry and GM bushido the %'s are 10,30,34. 120 parry and 110 bushido = 7,32,37. 120 parry and 115 bushido = 6,33,38, and finally 120 parry bushido = 5,35,40.

If the char is human, you already have 20 med and 20 focus, so if you were to put 30 med on the char all your getting is a net increase of 10.

Not sure anymore at what level of bushido you needed for a lesser to bond. I had a char that I had locked bushido at 90. About a year ago I gave it a lesser, fed it, and threw it in the stable. I had forgotten all about it until last night when I checked the stable. I was able to ride it, but when I fed it again, I got a message that my bushido wasn't high enough to form a bond with it and to raise bushido.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure anymore at what level of bushido you needed for a lesser to bond. I had a char that I had locked bushido at 90. About a year ago I gave it a lesser, fed it, and threw it in the stable. I had forgotten all about it until last night when I checked the stable. I was able to ride it, but when I fed it again, I got a message that my bushido wasn't high enough to form a bond with it and to raise bushido.
I posted this in another thread.

Like you said, 90.0 is the minimum required to acquire a lesser hiryu and then stable them. Judging from other threads and my own experience, I believe you need to have 100.0 in order to actually have a lesser hiryu bond to you.

I also believe it has to be your REAL skill i.e. no jewels.

I bonded mine when I already had over 110.0 in Bushido. I believe to bond its 100.0

As far as what you ask, I advise much the same he did. You should increase your bushido skill. 20% chance of critical attacks, coupled with the ability to ride a lesser hiryu if you so choose to...you have that option.

30 in Resist really wouldn't do much. With 60 resist you can sometimes ward off poison attempts by dragons, paralyze occasionally and what not. 30 though...no.

C

Connor_Graham

Put the extra points into Bushido to bring it to 120. Not only does it affect your chance to parry, it also increases your Critical Strike chance and the amount you heal with Confidence. Bushido and Parry go hand in hand, and both should be at 120 on a samurai template.

B

BCC minsterofdefence

so i am to understand that with bushido im atually reducing my chance of block by holding a sheild?

B

BCC minsterofdefence

or is it that with 120 of each and my dex i show 35% chance of blocking with a wep and 5% with a sheild so is it.....35% with a wep only and 35 + 5
% with a wep and sheild or.... is it 35% chance with wep and....5% chance with wep and sheild?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have bushido, get rid of the shield it actually reduces your chance to block. If you were to go 120 parry and bushido and equip a shield it drops your chance of blocking to only 5%. But equip only a 1 handed weap and now it increases to 35%. Equip a 2 handed weap and its 40%. I guess the figured that sammurai don't need no stinking shield (no honor in hidding behind it).

If you have 120 parry and 0 bushido with 140 dex your parry % with shield is 35%, one handed weap only or 2 handed weap you have a 20% either way. On the other hand if you have 120 bushido and 0 parry at 140 dex you have only a 5% parry chance reguardless of what your holding.

C

Chaosy

Put it into bushido. It's worth it for the criticals and parry/evade, as the previous posters have stated.