• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spam Mail ?

B

Bengedo

I thought my email box is getting bad

I'm getting 1 to 2 mail spam ingame weekly .(Free Gold) Title
2 items
1 copper coin
A parchmentor letter I guess but i usally hit the spam filter on top .

Anything be done about it?

I

imported_Edward The Less

As you said all you can do is click on the "this is spam" button in the mailbox interface.

It's hard for Blizzard to stop this as most of this is coming from Chinese gold farmers. Blizzard will ban the account and credit card but in China many of the banks will issue the gold farmer a new credit card with a new name for a cut of the profit and then the gold farmer is back in the game.

They have talked about banning credit cards from some Chinese banks but that would be a last resort.

The best thing you can do is report it as spam and not buy anything from them and encourage others not to buy gold and items from farmers.

G

Every in-game gold spam chat I get, I report as spam. It might not stop the problem totally, but the more hassle we can cause them being banned, it's all part of the battle as far as I'm concerned.

I could easily buy 1000 gold and get everything I wanted in a flash... but for me, that takes out all the fun. Sure, grinding is hassle... but you learn on the way. Spent an hour at Skulk Rock killing lumps of snot last night... only died twice too.

B

Bengedo

Any chance of figuiring a way to stop it, because it dont show i got mail in the corner by the mini map.

Maybe they can work from there to get a code in or something ?

I

imported_Edward The Less

When someone sends you a /tell, it's in pink letters, thats selling gold or leveling services, right click their name and a window will pop up. Select "Report as spam" and then confirm.

After this just ignore them by typing /ignore then their name. Example:

/ignore Goldforu

G

"Report spam" automatically ignores the person, luckily. I'm not sure if it's permanent or temporary, however.

I

imported_Edward The Less

It seems to be permanent. I remembering reporting someone for spam and then a few days later when I logged in there was a message that said (spammers name) is no longer ignored because the character no longer exists.

G

No, "report spam" is definitely temporary. I use it all the time to report the gold spammers and people spamming their guild crap in trade. The next day I see the same guild crap in trade again. With all the reporting of spam I do I'd be getting those messages all the time lol.

You must have actually ignored the person.