• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] sp begging

C

Cat Crimson

Yup... was pretty sure it did but just tested it out for you on an unused character from scratch to be sure. Just got the " They seem unwilling to give you any money " message until 7.3 begging, when a generous herbalist donated an entire gold piece to the cause. Ginseng sales must have been slow that day....

9.8 begging just got 11gp from a provisioner. So yes its slow to raise etc but probably a fun way for a starter character to get a little bit of start up cash on Siege.

G

thx, i was unsure.
I had read that the npcs dont carry money so dont bother to kill them so i figured they might not have any gold to give.
Thx this will help much

C

Cat Crimson

Right, I'm not sure though whether killing them would gain any money though - maybe try on a quest NPC ?

But yeah you can definitely get some small amounts of money from begging on SP.

G

I began with a beggar on Siege, not a bad way to get started.

S

Salty Pete

It used to be that no NPC had money for a beggar on Siege. They changed that with AoS though so now NPCs have money to pay beggars.