• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sovereigns Not For Sale On Origin

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went there to check out the black friday sales and decided to search their ultima online section. Not listed among everything else, in any quantity. Anyone else having this issue?

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just checked and they are missing for me as well. If you google search "Ultima Online Sovereign" you get a link for the Origin page for the 1000S bundle, but it 404s.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak
@Bleak

Can you fix the issue of nothing UO related being included in the Black Friday sale?

Or any sale for that matter in the past six months at least !
They wont do sales on 'in game currency' (ie sovereigns) so due to changing the way we can buy stuff we will NEVER get any 'sale' items again. The last 50% off sale was a clear demonstration of that. If you read the terms and conditions for getting the 50% off it stated clearly no sale on in game currency.

They never put game time or game expansions on sale, just the nice to have items, deco, soulstones, tokens type items but now they are in game purchase only by sovereigns it means we will never have the option to wait for a 'sale' as we only have in game currency for these items now. Bad move putting the stuff 'in game' as this is the result.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While sovereigns may not go on sale, expansions and boosters definitely should. They should also ALL be available worldwide.

The only logical reason I can envision for Origin not discounting things during their big sales, aside from stupidity, malice or gross incompetence, is that they're "afraid" they'll run out of codes again. Though they could simply request more a week or so before they plan to have a sale...

The ingame store should run a monthly sale on something as well. Mesanna said they'd run sales...they just haven't yet.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Black Friday deals are listed on Origin, and unsurprisingly UO stuff isn't listed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Black Friday deals are listed on Origin, and unsurprisingly UO stuff isn't listed.
That's because our game doesn't exist... was closed... just EA forgot to tell Broadsword.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are you so negative?
Malag is mostly being sarcastic. Buuuuuuuttttt... There have been numerous occasions where Origin reps have said UO was cancelled or isn't an EA product, both in text chat and over the phone. That level of ignorange/incompetence deserves public derision.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have 500 I'd be happy to sell you :) I keep looking at the stuff in the store and nothing grabs me

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess I'm more than a little amazed that many people bought sovereigns that they ran out of codes, unless it's just a glitch ;)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because our game doesn't exist... was closed... just EA forgot to tell Broadsword.
I feel it's more along "Broadsword completely dropped the ball on trying to work this out with Origin/EA". It's easy to blame EA when all we hear is from Mesanna. I'm pretty sure it would be very insightful to hear from the other side for once ;)