• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

soulstoning fishing

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was well on my way to obtaining the 8 required 105 scrolls, having gotten 6. The orders I was getting were mostly 6 item ones. Then I soulstoned fishing skill for a couple of hours. When I retrieved the skill on the same character, I started receiving only 1 and 2 item orders. It seems that I lost ALL my fishing reputation. Like a dummy, I didn't realize that the first time I did it. I built my rep back up, and received another 105 scroll. Then I soulstoned a second time. Upon retrieving the skill the next day, lo and behold, apparently 0 reputation again.

Beware !!! don't soulstone your fishing skill.

A

anna anomalous

i haven't soulstoned and still receive one liners. are these one liners orders of only 5 fish? and how long did it take for you to get back to getting 5-6 liners?

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both time the one liners were for 10 fish. However I need to temper my original position a little here. I have since dropped to 1 and 2 liners when not soulstoning. Actually I don't know what is going on lol. BTW, I do one order at a time.

A

anna anomalous

my fisher is also my sampire so i soulstone off fishing once in a while. my reputation is getting 6 liners right now and im worried that i'll lose that if i soulstone over is why i ask.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam concerned aswell. I have lots of skills on Soulstones and change the template depending on the stuff i want to do. Pitty i wont be able to stone fishing again. Its crap to start over and over.

T

Tancred RedStar

Im not a dev. However, my personal idea is that you are calculated for the quest given your skill and rep when you accept the quest. What you do in between, short of cancelling the quest, should not affect your quest roll. I know the fishing quest stuff works is still largely myth and voodoo, it would be nice if a dev would step forward and at least answer on some of the silly stuff that is seriously annoying people and affecting their enjoyment of the product.