• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstones

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone pick up some Soulstones from a Yew Gate IDOC? I planned to re-up this Friday (Payday), but seems the house dropped. They would be for "Akota"

Let me know if anyone got them and would be so generous to return them. I kept meaning to bank them after my house fell last time, but too busy with a new position at work sadly. If no one got them or doesn't want to return them, then oh wells.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, our wonderful devs in all their wise forethought, assigned a large amount of turn-in points to soul stones and a lot of people trash them. That's not to say someone isn't holding them for you. There are a few people who will hang onto them.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda sucks that people now get stuck between doing the right thing or collecting the points. I probally saved 50-80 of the soulstones myself from idocs. Some went back to the owners. The rest went to NEW or other soulstone guardians graveyards just awaiting the owners to rise from the dead and rejoin the shard !

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what I heard in GC the stones are now gone.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I kept them for a week, asked around, and nobody claimed them in general chat. I was recommended to delete them. If I had known you were coming back then I would have kept them.

It's too late now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It only makes sense... anyone that loses soulstones has done it wrong.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously Kelmo? That's building or helping the community to say that to the guy? I thought we took pride in our community spirit here on Siege. At least that's what the community was like before I took my break in 2011. Sure, there are people we may not get along with and people we consider enemies in game, but no matter how we [and I] felt about them, at the end of the day that person was still an important part of the Siege community. I don't know what your beef with Rumpy is. I really can't say I even care, but your post was out of line, in my opinion, and at the very least it was not a kind thing to say. Sometimes there are unfortunate circumstances that happen in regard to soulstones.

Quite frankly, I was under the impression that there were some trusted folks who would actually hold onto SS's. Sadly, I guess greed and apathy has won out. Given the size of our community and the large number of us who are predisposed to taking breaks, it seems to me that it might be in our best interest to help these players out when they are unable, for whatever reason, to safeguard their soulstones.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I you are going to "game the system", be smart. Bank your stones.

T

Tazar

Quite frankly, I was under the impression that there were some trusted folks who would actually hold onto SS's. Sadly, I guess greed and apathy has won out. Given the size of our community and the large number of us who are predisposed to taking breaks, it seems to me that it might be in our best interest to help these players out when they are unable, for whatever reason, to safeguard their soulstones.
I have tons of spare storage and will gladly hold soulstones and fragments hoping that players may someday return. Feel free to PM me or drop stones in my mailbox in SW Luna.

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite frankly, I was under the impression that there were some trusted folks who would actually hold onto SS's.
Most people will save them. In fact, I would say that people assume that they are going to be saved because of all the successful recovery stories we hear.

It's a gamble, and as we hear more story like this, more will just turned them in saying "they should know better".

In this case, a member of the same guild proudly trashed SS recently.

Zalfein

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If Rumpy would have asked a few days sooner then he would have his soulstones returned to him.

I like how people point fingers, criticize, and pat themselves on the back though, says a lot about the shard as a whole.

Maybe this holier than thou attitude is what repels new players away the most?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "holier than thou" sentiment is strong in this thread.

Shut up, Kat.
Not sure why your panties are in such a knot over her post. I see her frustrated that in the past for the most part people kept soulstones in the hopes that people came back to play ie- making the shard busier. Sometimes fighting guilds sold them back for ransom other times they just gave them back happy to have another person to fight. Ultimately, yes you should store your soulstones in your bank when you start to go inactive. Also what you find or loot becomes your property regardless of whom it once belonged to. Soulstones though just seemed to have an unwritten rule about them. At least for me they did.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blue Star Award for Kael and Tazar! At least somebody gets it!

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is siege perilous.

People lose stuff on this shard. Cry more, Trammies. Maybe another shard is more to your liking?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In this case, a member of the same guild proudly trashed SS recently.
I was gonna mention this as well but Zalfein beat me to it.

Most people hold on to them. It´s afaik rare that they are turned in for points which I guess is a silver lining in some way.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone other than new players to the shard actually need the turn in points?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is siege perilous.

People lose stuff on this shard. Cry more, Trammies. Maybe another shard is more to your liking?
People don't care about losing "stuff" People care about the shard losing players and not getting returning players back when they don't feel like reworking all their skills again. Maybe your Trammy- ism (or is it tranny?) is hoping that you can cry more about peoples "holier than thou attitudes" on a completely dead shard rather than one that at least has players returning to recheck it out.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If someone want the turn in points, what about locking down the soul stones in a public house, set secure to anyone. Then the owner can buy get empty soul stones and at least get his skills back and the keeper can then turn in the empty soul stone.
I keep soul stones I find with skills on and turn in the empty ones after a year or so. Stones with less than 70 skills, I will turn in too after a few years. I will give back the filled after I see them claim the skills so I know they belong to them.

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get it, a soulstone is only worth 10k clean up pts. On average, cleanup pts seem to go here for about 10gp per, making the soulstone worth 100k in gold to turn in...I understand the stones are useless in your hands, but for 100k - come on.

If someone is that hard-up for pts, let me know what you are trying to get from the rewards and I can trade you pt equivalent for the stones. I also sell a lot of the cleanup items on my vendors in termur at 10gp per pt. Would rather see the stones saved, even if you don't think a certain person will ever return, it is someone's big investment/hard work and worth preserving no matter the odds.

I don't care who you are (unless very extreme exception), if you play on Siege you are fine in my book, friend or foe. I want you back!

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this turned out a bit different then I expected.

It is sad to hear they are trashed, a weeks time is a little weak to wait, but none the less, if it falls to the ground, it is yours. I was watching the period of inactivity on my account and even had Freja check the home on 6/28; in which it was still standing and not decaying.

I understand the "Bank Your Soulstone" chants, but sometimes real life has other plans which can prevent you from being able to handle things. Maybe some of you should re-evaluate the time you spend playing games and come back to reality to understand this concept. I re-activated the account 2 times over and never logged in besides once each time and never got a chance to sign back in and move stuff to the bank. I know I personally always held on to people's soulstones, as turn up points aren't worth it. I got atleast a couple hundred thousand points on each character and to the me they are worthless less you want the stupid dyes.

Any plans to return now are just put off more as they are gone. Unlikely to return now at this point, being as that was atleast $50-$60 in SS and not even sure which skills would be left on that character. Not to mention the other character is red with 70+ counts, which I would want him to be blue to farm and do t-maps/imbue rather than PvP and deal with petty drama.

Also, thanks Kat for the stickup. Some people unfortunately are just always going to envy me and my life because they can hardly be half a man in their own. Its just how the world and society works :)

Ah well. I'm off on a cruise to the Bahamas next week and will forget any of this even occurred I am sure. I will make sure to send you a post card Kelmo.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, this turned out a bit different then I expected.

It is sad to hear they are trashed, a weeks time is a little weak to wait, but none the less, if it falls to the ground, it is yours. I was watching the period of inactivity on my account and even had Freja check the home on 6/28; in which it was still standing and not decaying.

I understand the "Bank Your Soulstone" chants, but sometimes real life has other plans which can prevent you from being able to handle things. Maybe some of you should re-evaluate the time you spend playing games and come back to reality to understand this concept. I re-activated the account 2 times over and never logged in besides once each time and never got a chance to sign back in and move stuff to the bank. I know I personally always held on to people's soulstones, as turn up points aren't worth it. I got atleast a couple hundred thousand points on each character and to the me they are worthless less you want the stupid dyes.

Any plans to return now are just put off more as they are gone. Unlikely to return now at this point, being as that was atleast $50-$60 in SS and not even sure which skills would be left on that character. Not to mention the other character is red with 70+ counts, which I would want him to be blue to farm and do t-maps/imbue rather than PvP and deal with petty drama.

Also, thanks Kat for the stickup. Some people unfortunately are just always going to envy me and my life because they can hardly be half a man in their own. Its just how the world and society works :)

Ah well. I'm off on a cruise to the Bahamas next week and will forget any of this even occurred I am sure. I will make sure to send you a post card Kelmo.
Sorry Rumpy, that was one of many IDOCs I haven't been aware of . I would have saved the stones for you had I known it was falling.

Reactions: Kat

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a nasty trend, this tossing of valid soulstones business.

Although King Edward now despises me, I am still reeling over the fact that Bo Bo heartlessly trashed King Edward's massive soul stone collection. That action is just downright nasty.

Last edited:

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Next time I'll wait a month before trashing soul shards, only because I respect Rumpy, not because I care about Trammy cry babies patting themselves on the backs for being oh so good on their high horses and trying to shame me. I exist as the shard reminder to bank your soul shards if you want to play smart on siege perilous.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next time I'll wait a month before trashing soul shards, only because I respect Rumpy, not because I care about Trammy cry babies patting themselves on the backs for being oh so good on their high horses and trying to shame me. I exist as the shard reminder to bank your soul shards if you want to play smart on siege perilous.
Sounds like you are trying to exist as a reminder of why new people to your shard are rare and far between. Put away your e-attitude and think about the benefits of not being a ******.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you are trying to exist as a reminder of why new people to your shard are rare and far between. Put away your e-attitude and think about the benefits of not being a ******.
No his feelings are butthurt and he is shedding e -tears. He misread what this whole topic was about and obviously has taken it personal. Since he is a cold, rock hard killer all others must be trammies lol Anywhoo....back to work I go !

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
********. As much as you try to twist everything you can to assuage your butthurt feelings most idocs get soulstones saved. Maybe there are times that players generally reviled on the shard (like King Ed perhaps) have theirs trashed on purpace. For the majority though, if many attend an idoc someone will take the time to pick up the soulstones/frags and hold onto them.

People aren't looking for accolades for keeping stones. They are hoping old friends and enemies come back to the shard to rekindle the fires that once burned. That ain't "trammy" that is Siege. I respect people that are honest. You read this thread, felt like a ****** after trashing the stones and have since continued to act like an ass.

PS there is a whole stickied thread on found soulstones :)

Reactions: Kat

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No, I'm not easily shamed into submission, although you attempted to do so fairly well.

I will keep soulstones a month before trashing them, or sell them off to players to keep and "do good" with. I will do this out of respect to players like Rumpy, NOT for the sake of the morally good holier than thou contingent. Feigned goodness is disgusting. Goodness is only good with humility, not with "pat myself on the back, everybody look how great I am".

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Do with soulstones as you wish ApollyonSP. This is Siege and you make your name for your self. As many of us have. May good fortune blow your way.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not easily shamed into submission, although you attempted to do so fairly well.

I will keep soulstones a month before trashing them, or sell them off to players to keep and "do good" with. I will do this out of respect to players like Rumpy, NOT for the sake of the morally good holier than thou contingent. Feigned goodness is disgusting. Goodness is only good with humility, not with "pat myself on the back, everybody look how great I am".
Well try doing something honorable. You won't have to pat yourself on the back. You can experience what it's like to do something nice for another person.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's worth points I trash it, if it's worth gold I find a way to profit off it.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Rumpy good luck on finding your soul stones I hope that someone that is kind and fair of the heart has them that can get them to you. Welcome back to Siege. if you need anything let me know

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to agree with Kelmo on this one. Every time I quit, I bank all my soulstones [or leave them on my char], drop my house and deal with what-ever I can't carry if/when I return. Real life sometimes does take precedence but I always seem to find the 30-60 minutes over a couple days to get my affairs in order, so to speak.

Leaving your house as is and re-upping to keep it active runs a risk, and an unnecessary one at that. Heck, just unlock your soulstones and put them on your person, 15 seconds and you're done, then play the re-up/deact game.

It's not rocket science, but this message was brought to you by one...

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A month is a more reasonable time and I can respect that. I have no ill feelings; its just a game after all. Knowing they were trashed just because no one claimed is a lot better than having them purposely trashed like the King Ed shaming that occurred.

The Gerbiler

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A month is a more reasonable time and I can respect that. I have no ill feelings; its just a game after all. Knowing they were trashed just because no one claimed is a lot better than having them purposely trashed like the King Ed shaming that occurred.
Im good with it. This made me lol. I would have held them for a few years locked down on my doorstep, but the trashing of them was just as funny

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im good with it. This made me lol. I would have held them for a few years locked down on my doorstep, but the trashing of them was just as funny
Making sure to bank them is even more important now. i Think the Soul Stones go poof with the new IDOC rules, at least i haven't seen any drop since the changes.