• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulstones and Taming

I just got a soulstone last night and was thinking of moving taming skills to my bard, but then I wondered what happens to the pets when you drop taming? Is there a simple way to transfer pets or will I need a third party to help transfer them over?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would have to transfer your pets to someone else. Then use the soul stone to move your skills to the bard. Then the third party can transfer the pets to your bard. Then feed your pets and wait a week for them to bond to your bard.

With no taming skill they wont listen to you and go wild.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The easy way is to have one of the expansion packs that allow you to have a vendor in Magincia. (rustic, gothic?)

Set up a pet vendor, transfer all the pets to the vendor, and price at some amount that people would not buy.

Transfer skills over from one character to the other. Make sure you're properly scrolled for the transfer

Then, go back to the vendor on the new character, and reclaim the pets off the vendor into your stable.

You'll have to rebond them all, via potion or the normal way, before using them.

note that you don't HAVE to transfer all the pets, just the ones you plan to use. Though, you can't really access the ones in your stable that you leave behind, without getting skill back.