• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soulless Minion hijinx!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok this was so cute I just had to give it a thread of its own as a place to put screencaps and captions of Soulless Minions doing their thing!

So, for the first one I submit "Bloodthirsty Dolphins!" I think they realize on some level that they should be in water, so they are nosing about a fountain an water trough, but I am pretty sure they want my blood to drink!

dolphin2b.jpg dolphin3b.jpg

One of them did kill me in my craft room lol, but just for the record, before anyone even thinks of saying anything about griefing, I think it is safe to say that the ENTIRE shard knows I have a twisted sense of humor. This was immensely entertaining for me!

I've heard several hilarious tales about Minions from across the lands, and I would love to see some pics!

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being blind, I must ask for your help.
I recently heard the sounds of what I thought was a large wading bird near ice dungeon, but later found huge footprints that belong to no bird!
A passing picture imp gave me this drawing, but I cannot tell - does Bigfoot walk (slosh about on?) Siege Perilous?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your house seems to be a real hot spot for them LOL I have started making my dock trips through south gate or tele tiling to Vics house instead of running my usual route there :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonders if anyone ever killed that CD Reaper wandering around Port Tyr.........

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Your house seems to be a real hot spot for them LOL
Oh, I think EM Kincaid likes to give player towns some attention, and many houses (and at least one ship!) have felt the direct attentions of Soulless Minions lol. I think I am just the most vocal about it! Also, I cannot usually kill them, so the same ones are often wandering around for days at a time.

me thinks you will need to have everyone come for the party
Oh, wow... That one does look like quite a challenge!! Anyone need a roommate til some one rescues the NOOB guild house? :grin:

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I usually do a sweep of Safe Haven, UWSP, and Gilfane each log in hunting for soulless, I could pop over and check NOOB too, cleared out a nasty soulless spider invasion outta UWSP town the other day, and the invincible invisible earlier today...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Turns out those invisible ones are weak to earthquakes, and that's about it

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Killed one in Safe Haven tonight but there is one disguised as a Kraken at Mokato-Jima bank....every time I get near it, it freezes me...so be careful! Last I saw it was at the blacksmiths shop..might need to repair it's weapon ;)

There is also one disguised as a mound of Maggots at New Mag bank but he's locked up behind closed doors so the bank is safe!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Killed one in Safe Haven tonight but there is one disguised as a Kraken at Mokato-Jima bank....every time I get near it, it freezes me...so be careful!
Yep Tanager and I tried to kill that one, it is a Crimson Dragon. I don't know if Tanager got som help later after I logged.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that the one I posted above, on Wednesday, seems to be the invisible one. It shows up in the CC, but not in the EC. The shame of it - trying to sneak up on an advanced blind man!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This big guy in your image Otto, are easy to kill, I killed 3 of them in Zento yesterday, 2 was Valorite elements, forgot what the 3th one was. I got 50 nice valorite ore :)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not so easy when you can't see them! I went back to the classic client, and he died fairly easily to a few well-placed hits from a mace.
Convincing him to get out of the water was the hard part. This one turned out to be a water elemental, even though he looked like a giant horde minion. I think I shall call him Igor.
Pity, I could have done with some more valorite! I had a few good BODs last week, and used up most of my stock!
It looks as if our EM likes to switch recipes now and then, when he's cooking up a batch of monsters!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Now we just have to wait until changeling soulless start to appear.
*Knocks on Wood, Spits with the wind, turns three times clockwise, two counter-clockwise, three steps forward, two back, tosses salt over left shoulder, put unlucky rabbit foot away, consults with the faiths*

6-2-170002.jpg 6-2-170003.jpg

Maybe we should just lock the doors and bar the windows?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It looks as if our EM likes to switch recipes now and then, when he's cooking up a batch of monsters!
I believe that's one of the thing I love with this monsters, you never know what they are, special for me, who only have killed a few of this named monsters before.
Other thing I love is, they are on the open land, I can run off if I need to heal and there are always a friendly healer near. I never liked dungeons, I love hang out in the forest and in player towns.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I believe that's one of the thing I love with this monsters, you never know what they are, special for me, who only have killed a few of this named monsters before.
Other thing I love is, they are on the open land, I can run off if I need to heal and there are always a friendly healer near. I never liked dungeons, I love hang out in the forest and in player towns.
I agree with you there, I'm rather confined in dungeons being a soloist mostly myself. I just wish we could start getting some reward system for us that are determined to hunt these soulless relentlessly. Like the takuno rewards system was great, get 10 minor arty trade them for something better..or anything special really,,,don't get me wrong I enjoy helping cleanse my town and other towns I frequent to be a good citizen..just saying. LoL

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Now we just have to wait until changeling soulless start to appear.
I think Tanager said she had a Guile yesterday. Isn't that a named changeling?
I just wish we could start getting some reward system for us that are determined to hunt these soulless relentlessly.
These Soulless Minions appear to have the same loot table as whatever they are modeled on. So, if you kill something called a Soulless Minion that looks like a dolphin, but the corpse says 'Guile', then you have the same loot as a Guile (which is indeed a named changeling). This includes ML marties that drop in your pack. If it's a Valorite Elemental, then you will get 25 raw ore. If it's a Crimson Dragon under that Soulless Minion disguise, then it has the same loot and artifacts as a peerless boss, except for boss specific loot like Eye of Travesty or Mel's hair dyes. This means crimson cincture, ML marties, ML non-specific peerless ingredients like taint and corruption, peerless talismans, etc. There seems to be some debate, but I am personally convinced from a past memory that even the non-Ilshenar CDs can drop a very rare paragon chest (just like Miasma drops a paragon chest but is not in Ilshenar or labeled as a paragon). Crimson and Platinum Dragons do not appear naturally in game, they are purely a manufactured critter, and so I consider a paragon chest from one to be an event drop.

This mild deluge of random spawn with their uncommon loot has had very little if any negative impact on shard economics so far as I can see - people were not farming, selling, or buying the materials much before, and they are just stockpiling them now because I still do not see them for sale. The vast majority of Siege are simply used to not having these materials readily available, or else they choose not to deck themselves out in the artifacts the materials are used to craft. I think it would take a long time and a LOT of the materials before Siege would start to see it.

The last EM drop-event used Primeval Lich as the base of the boss monster, with loot accordingly, including artifacts. I dunno if he can, would, or even should toss out things like Dreadhorn, Dark Father, champion spawn bosses, or what the game would do about PS if he did lol, but in any case these random overland versions of dungeon monsters are very fun imo. They range from puny critters to some of the strongest creatures on the shard. You can't always tell what it is until it's dead! They are in dungeons, forests, player towns, people's front yards, wandering around the guard zones of city mints, and even out in the oceans.

To anyone coming late to the party, this all started with a handful of innocent looking Easter Bunnies terrorizing various city Mints. Nothing fancy or planned, just a spur of the moment thing for a holiday treat. But the result was an overwhelming, shard wide success - which is damn near impossible for a Siege EM to achieve. Loot aside, the critters were amusing, challenging, covered a wide territory instead of confining a player to the claustrophobic tunnels of a dungeon, and were available for people at varying log-in times. They required a group effort, and so would wander around for days before a team got together to kill it. The one in the solen hive lived for almost 2 weeks! Having found a good thing, it looks like our EM incorporated this idea into the current story arc with the Black Watch and these minions.

@EM Kincaid is clearly possessed of a very creative and devious mind, and I am very happy Siege got him!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I went to WBB to get a focus, and there I saw this peculiar sight. Since the corpses of all the Soulless Minions who have met their end on Siege were labelled as their original beings who lost their souls, I knew right away there was a chance that this would not end well...

Minion Corpse1.jpg

However, I could not resist attempting to peek into the poor unfortunate thing's belongings.

minion corpse2.jpg

I was whisked away to a spot several meters above a building! Fortunately, it was the Healer's shop because I broke my ankle in the fall from the roof. It has been a while since I snagged a focus at WBB, so I don't know how long this has been here lol, but I honestly had no idea if clicking that body would prove fatal.

Hahahahahahaah!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Alas, the fate of the aforementioned Crimson Dragon in dolphin drag. (Thank you Sir AJ for such a colorful description, I am hereby stealing it for my own evil use!) And thank you to everyone who came out to defend Zento!

sadfate.jpg

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm just gonna keep this thread going for various Soulless Minion happenings, rather than post a new one.

For those who like unique things, this was looted off of a Minion last night. Seems it's a 1 in a billion chance drop, or something along those lines. This critter died near Zento, and not in Ilshenar. Unless some one else has come across one and not mentioned it, that makes this chest unique not only to Siege so far but to all of UO. It's at the UWSP Marketplace, if you'd like to go see it.

Go kill Minions, for your chance at one too! I'm still hoping the shard gets a Crimson Dragon chest as well somewhere along the way.

Minion Chest.jpg