• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soul Bound Dread Pirates

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best way to kill the Soul Bond Dread Pirates? They seem to be a lot harder than the regular Dread Pirates.

Thanks!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Orc crew and Dread Pirate have massive resists and parry or whatever if you try to kill them without scuttling the ship. If you scuttle the ship, they're the same as they always have been as far as I've seen.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a Tamer w/phoenix to jump aboard and kill the crew while my Tamer and 2nd acct Thrower use the cannon. After crew is dead and ship is boardable, I recall to stable and fetch my rune beetle (armor corrupt) and thrower casts RC.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a whammy archer. Kill the crew whilst I'm killing the ship, then take down the pirate whilst I'm looting the ship. I can knock one over in less than ten minutes - WAY faster than my tamer was doing!

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Apologies, but: Soulbound Dread Pirates? Is this the same thing as grabbing the soul of a defeated foe and turning it into the Fellowship or something different?

-John's player

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. You make the Soulbinder bottles from Enchanted Sand and regular sand and have it in your main backpack. Once it fills you turn it in for points. It changes color and name depending on how many "points" are in it. Goes from Meager, to Grand, to Exalted, to Legendary and finally Mythic. Mythics are worth about 10k points for the rewards.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yes. You make the Soulbinder bottles from Enchanted Sand and regular sand and have it in your main backpack. Once it fills you turn it in for points. It changes color and name depending on how many "points" are in it. Goes from Meager, to Grand, to Exalted, to Legendary and finally Mythic. Mythics are worth about 10k points for the rewards.
Thank you. Also I have started experimenting and exploring somewhat.

Is it just me or is every pirate (dread, normal, and orc)....for want of a better term, infected this way?

Disturbing. I guess that's the point, though.

-John's player

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happens if you disarm them?
What Pawain said :) They turn into unkillable wrestling Gods that will destroy the best trained and scrolled pets in seconds. Best you can do with a disarmed DP is get on yer boat fast and sail away. Same thing happens if you disarm Medusa. ALso if you train pets on DPs and cycle pets through on one, you can beat them down to their underwear but keep a eye on their bow. When the bow hits zero durability and breaks it is the same as disarming them. First time I disarmed one it seemed like a good idea at the time.................

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What Pawain said :) They turn into unkillable wrestling Gods that will destroy the best trained and scrolled pets in seconds. Best you can do with a disarmed DP is get on yer boat fast and sail away. Same thing happens if you disarm Medusa. ALso if you train pets on DPs and cycle pets through on one, you can beat them down to their underwear but keep a eye on their bow. When the bow hits zero durability and breaks it is the same as disarming them. First time I disarmed one it seemed like a good idea at the time.................
Tyvm for info.