• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SoS changes??? need some help

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to read an SoS I have had in a chest forever. A gump appears that asks me to create a waypoint in tram or fel, when I pick , well nothing.

I have no idea were this waypoint is and NO coordinates apear on the SoS when clicked again?

Somthing has obviously changed since the last time i went fishing up and SoS can somone help me out with what I am doing wrong or need to read the SoS now?
:grouphug:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you must be using pincos ui it auto places the marker on the map for you on the correct facet

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must be using pincos ui it auto places the marker on the map for you on the correct facet

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

If one has Pinco's UI, double clicking an SoS creates a marker on what Map ? A World Map that can then be given to the tillerman to tell goto 1 so that one is taken easily to the SoS spot ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
SOS do not take map form in any client.

In Pinco's UI, opening one will create a waypoint on the Enhanced Client's map, that will let you know (if opened up to atlas mode) where you need to sail. Sailing there is up to you from there.

I've been sailing for 8 years, and never even KNEW how to use a world map for ship nav until tonight, when I decided to test it - and realized that just typing directions for the tillerman to obey was faster.

O

olduofan

SOS do not take map form in any client.

In Pinco's UI, opening one will create a waypoint on the Enhanced Client's map, that will let you know (if opened up to atlas mode) where you need to sail. Sailing there is up to you from there.

I've been sailing for 8 years, and never even KNEW how to use a world map for ship nav until tonight, when I decided to test it - and realized that just typing directions for the tillerman to obey was faster.

never knew that you could do this you mean like type in the cords and say got to 101 34s 54 23n ? along those lines ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no, things like "left", "right", "turn left", "Forward", "forward left", etc.

With UOAM or UOCarto up, I can see where I'm going, and tell the pilot/tillerman the route to go with the least turns.

I've noticed that the plotted courses on the maps try to keep every course a straight line, by (for example) going a rapidly changing bunch of moves (say, if the course is ENE, going East/forward a few steps, then going NE/Forward left a few, etc). Each time the ship alters course traveling in that manner, you lose some time/speed from the course constantly recalculating.

Whereas, if I had said "forward" for most of the trip, then "forward left" at a certain point to the desired location, I only made one course change (instead of dozens), and get there quicker.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah it pinco's sorry i didnty know it did that

but its a nice feture

TY pinco

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: yeah it pinco's sorry i didnty know it did that

That it is... I can sail as well to spots with it, as I do with UOAM - I just don't use the EC as much.

O

olduofan

no, things like "left", "right", "turn left", "Forward", "forward left", etc.

With UOAM or UOCarto up, I can see where I'm going, and tell the pilot/tillerman the route to go with the least turns.

I've noticed that the plotted courses on the maps try to keep every course a straight line, by (for example) going a rapidly changing bunch of moves (say, if the course is ENE, going East/forward a few steps, then going NE/Forward left a few, etc). Each time the ship alters course traveling in that manner, you lose some time/speed from the course constantly recalculating.

Whereas, if I had said "forward" for most of the trip, then "forward left" at a certain point to the desired location, I only made one course change (instead of dozens), and get there quicker.
ok I thought I missed something again. but I understand how you do it I do the same thing and while im watching how far I have gone on uoam I sort out my loot from chest . I like to do 50 sos at a time takes about 5 hours (I am very slow at entering all the cords in auto map)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I do is I open up all the SOS I have, overlapping them to where I can see all the locations, then prtscrn. I save it as a pic, then either print it, or bring it up split-screen with my spreadsheet software. (the file is available on google docs, and you can enter the data there, or save it to your computer).

The software does the conversion to UOAM/UOC map data for me (see the sticky in the forum), that I then copy that column and paste it into my sos.map file in the UOC folder. It's a lot quicker than entering the coordinates one at a time with UOAM.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with Pincos

I open them and put a marker on a map, I place them in clusters to locations. close them all out then grab the cluster and put markers back on map and just sail to the middle of the cluster and fish them up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: with Pincos

I open the SoS in EC with Pinco's UI, letting the ui place a marker on the map. Open the map in 'tactical' and look where they all are then sail to either the nearest from my boat or the biggest cluster if the boat is dry docked and I'm going to be launching it from land.