• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] SOS and Luck

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last few days I have fished up about 150 SoS. I am getting some very strange results in regards to effects of luck. With 2300 Luck I was getting some very low quality loot and ZERO artifacts. Out of frustration and curiosity I ditched the luck suit and started fishing them up with ZERO luck. With Zero luck almost every 30k chest has at minimum a lesser artifact and sometimes as many as 3. So what gives?

Curious if any one else has experienced this and hoping that some of my fellow mariners will gear up and run some tests of their own.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's really odd--luck is supposed to help, not hurt. Can anyone else comment on recent results?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just made a luck suit for my treasure hunter and I could tell the difference with the luck suit on. I had much better loot in the chest so I would imagine it would be the same with fishing up the SOS.I will do some testing this weekend with my Fisherman and let you know how it came out. His suit is 1500 luck and sometimes I wonder if the middle of the road amount of the luck is better than really high or really low luck.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also use luck for treasure hunter and it seems to work as expected for maps. Only seeing anomalies on SOS. Look forward to seeing what you experience. Thx for testing.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the holiday I decided to test this myself....... 75 mibs with luck (1900ish) and 75 with none. I found out that no luck resulted in better mib loot then with.... I would say that mib's got overlooked for the loot upgrade with luck that t maps got!

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx Murdok. That has been my experience again with around another hundred mibs. Aggravating to say the least.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've posted about it at thefcb.com

Luck is supposed to help on SOSs, not hurt....thanks to those of you posting about it. Hopefully the developers listen.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay, after doing 50 with luck and 50 without luck, it was pretty much the same. SOS did not seem to get the luck upgrade. :(

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it still should not hurt.. if its not counting luck .. its just not counting it.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well technically it does not hurt as it is pretty much the same as before but a bit upgraded by the new item properties. However, I am finding some nice and usable items in my treasure chests thanks to the luck upgrade, my SOS chests are pretty much being unraveled like before. New and improved should be new and improved, not just new. :rant2:

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I get a job like that?
HAHA

Well my job does have its perks.... I am the only person in the building 10-11 hrs of the night! One of the drawbacks is all I can really do is maps and fishing since I never know what may happen.

On a side note.... The owner of our company is a huge sports fan so he always gets all the ppv fights set up for me. Currently I am watching UFC 182 on one of the 4 60" big screens in my office!

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump. Any thoughts on this from Devs? Should I bring this up somewhere else? Any advice from you seasoned posters?