• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

sorta "treefort" or "tribal fort" design

• Thread starter ValenOfAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

ValenOfAtlantic

Well i got bored this morning, and looking to change my house, so I fiddled around on test let me know what you think of this design:

G

One thing I can suggest is that you might consider going to just support posts for the lower level...the box in a box thing looks a bit odd, and you basically gain no functional space from the 2 tile clearance between the walls.

The top part looks great!

-Skylark

G

It's cute! Has a real 'lookout post' type thing going for it on the top. I could see you doing a setup with a spyglass and other bits, maybe a book or a map on a table etc.

G

I've been wanting to do something like an orc or tribal type of fort, but settled on a pirate ship, i'lll post pics later. But to the point, I really like that design. Would be alot of fun decorating it, especially if you hang orc masks, and stuff all around it.

V

ValenOfAtlantic

Thanks for the suggestions, both deco and design. I have kinda fallen in love with this one just out of sheer desire to deco it up. I have tweaked a few things and here is the current iteration. Improvement or no? I kinda liked the propped open windows, but i dunno if the coloring makes the walls, floors, and roof blend together too much.

G

I definitely like the rework of the ground floor with the supports...I think it looks less cramped, and now you have a "yard" to play with as well.

The propped open windows are cute. You might be able to capitalize on them by putting something on the tiles inside against the wall which would ordinarily not be visible with a solid wall that will give some contrast as well.

Not sure how it would look with wall thickness and borders, but you might consider experimenting mixing the hide walls with the bamboo walls for contrast. I do that with the SE walls sometimes to try to get more visual interest.

-Skylark

V

ValenOfAtlantic

hmm i like that idea of something behind the windows. maybe i can find some way to use vet statues or tribal/ orc masks to look like something is peaking out.
something like a tribal mask over some peach/skin dyed bandages like this:
_____
{0 0}
{___}
~~~~

I dunno if it would work, but for some reason its making me think it could look like someone at the window with their chin on their arm.

G

Greatfellow

It's great. Wonder if it would detract from the effect if you used half-height walls on the bottom level... Then you get more view of the surroundings, and also if you set up a gruesome standard near the wall, or a guillotine or some other tall things they'll stick up above the spikes' height and perhaps add a nice visual element.

Great design.

V

ValenOfAtlantic

hmmm, i will have to try that out. the only thing would be that i was kinda going for a "fort" when i started it. but honestly seeing as there's no door to "protect" from people coming up the steps its not very fort like anyways hehe

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

hmmm, i will have to try that out. the only thing would be that i was kinda going for a "fort" when i started it. but honestly seeing as there's no door to "protect" from people coming up the steps its not very fort like anyways hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if going for the fort effect, perhaps a ladder leading to where your current stairs lead right now, instead of the steps? That would give you a bit more leniency in what you can do with the exterior walls (half, full) and make it fort-like.

Good job on this - I salute anyone who can make something with the fort and/or hut graphics. They take imagination!

B

Bordoms

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if going for the fort effect, perhaps a ladder leading to where your current stairs lead right now, instead of the steps? That would give you a bit more leniency in what you can do with the exterior walls (half, full) and make it fort-like.

Good job on this - I salute anyone who can make something with the fort and/or hut graphics. They take imagination!

V

ValenOfAtlantic

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me smile a bit, because i have done just that, just before reading this. I have now replaced all the stairs with ladders, and modified the "lookout" post just a bit. I am now in the process of deco'ing it, and I will post the finished project when it's done. I am considering playing with rubble and the "decaying" sandstone lumpy things to make it look something like an excavation site. Right now i have a boiling cauldron in the center of the large grass area with the log rubble bits (the two tile on west and the 3 tile on the north side).

I

imported_Risso

Sounds like it will look great with the ladders, I love all the different levels - reminds me of Peter Pan kinda
Water feature looks slightly out of place though?