• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry thieves...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
call me a turn coat, but I don't think I am going to be playing a thief anymore.

What's worse...I have started an account to play a detective. While I will be tracking thieves around the shard, I'll also be looking for players who are breaking other rules (such as unattended macroing and not carrying a hunting permit).

I do believe it's time to retire my Rico account...it's been fun, but playing a thief on Siege just isn't what it used to be.

Not to worry, I'll always have time to help a thief in need here, but watch out on Siege...I know all of the tricks and will certainly use them to my advantage.

Hope I am able to provide you with the chases you have been wanting :) ...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So... does this mean if we figure out his new alter-ego he's KOS as a Code Breaker?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... does this mean if we figure out his new alter-ego he's KOS as a Code Breaker?
Be a pretty close fight considering skill points invested in to Thieves & Detectives that are not combative. XD

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On prodo servers I'd give the thief an edge. The skill levels needed for thief skills if you used artifacts to bump them to 120/100 depending on cap is almost laughably low. I think on Chesapeake I'm running
Stealing
Ninjitsu
Stealth
Fencing

and
Snooping
Hiding
Magery

and 80
Poisoning

Last I looked I had about 70 points of cap room left in a suit with mid 60's resists and only jewelry is imbued. This low threshold lets you invest in offense a bit more.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 magery. Interesting. You're likely to drop him with DP. The jewels would be a non factor on Siege of course. You'd have half the shard chasing you down to pry them off your cold dead hands. XD

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You what's what aggravating about this game? I can't seem to make up my mind. Yes starting new on a fresh character is fun, but my old account has about 15 soul stones on it and I'd hate to see all that training time go to waste.

LOL, too many options...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why i keep both of my accounts running. I'd keep missing the luxeuries of an established account. ^^

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
100 magery. Interesting. You're likely to drop him with DP. The jewels would be a non factor on Siege of course. You'd have half the shard chasing you down to pry them off your cold dead hands. XD
The magery is for marking interesting locations, I've been known to stalk Bots from time to time. It also allows me to open gates for when I get other thieves involved.

Actually I just pulled my Skills from the new character search..

• Hiding - 100
  • Magery - 90
  • Snooping - 90
  • Poisoning - 80
  • Stealing - 75
  • Fencing - 100
  • Stealth - 75
  • Ninjitsu - 75
  • Total: 685
Some of those skills could actually be lowered and remain effective such as Stealth. The main reason I have it so high is that as an Elf character he's very difficult to track, detect, and reveal, with the exception of Passive Reveal of course. So I was wrong from memory and have 35 points of cap space, but that could easily be expanded. My Suit would allow me to hit 120 from 65 Stealing, for example. My Jewelry isn't heavily invested in skills so much as to add a little LRC, this way if I run out of Regs, I can get a cast off here and there.

Last edited:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess one of the perks of the production shards is being able to build a thief suit...that being said, I feel naked without 120 real stealing in my template. :) ...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree despite the fact i havent found a 120 scroll i could afford. I still feel better running with 115 than anything less.

A thief suit. That sounds novel. I wear a couple pieces of jewelry, a siege blessed burglars bandana, an assassin's spike, cbd blessed pants, shirt and shoes. And I cover it all with a cbd blessed hooded robe of shadows.

I never wear armor as I'm not going to be doing any pvp with the exception of a lucky poke & Lethal Poison.

Anyways.. While we're swapping templates..

Stealing 100 (115 with jewels)
Stealth 115
Detect Hidden 85
Hiding 100
Fencing 95 (105 with jewels)
Poisoning 100
Snooping 100

I have to work a couple of natural skills up so I can lose the jewels. Its tight and it's fine for stealing. But if I'm caught by somebody who can fight and acts right away I've got to either poke and run or run and hope I don't get stuck with a para before guards are called. XD

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, never saw that coming lol, welcome to the team Rico, we have cookies waiting for you ;) Just don't go carebear on us anytime soon.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to agree despite the fact i havent found a 120 scroll i could afford. I still feel better running with 115 than anything less.

A thief suit. That sounds novel. I wear a couple pieces of jewelry, a siege blessed burglars bandana, an assassin's spike, cbd blessed pants, shirt and shoes. And I cover it all with a cbd blessed hooded robe of shadows.

I never wear armor as I'm not going to be doing any pvp with the exception of a lucky poke & Lethal Poison.

Anyways.. While we're swapping templates..

Stealing 100 (115 with jewels)
Stealth 115
Detect Hidden 85
Hiding 100
Fencing 95 (105 with jewels)
Poisoning 100
Snooping 100

I have to work a couple of natural skills up so I can lose the jewels. Its tight and it's fine for stealing. But if I'm caught by somebody who can fight and acts right away I've got to either poke and run or run and hope I don't get stuck with a para before guards are called. XD
I guess one of the perks of the production shards is being able to build a thief suit...that being said, I feel naked without 120 real stealing in my template. :) ...la

Another perk to Prodo.. Clean Up Bless Deeds, other than the imbued jewelry my thief suit is fully blessed. Killing me will net someone about 10-20 of each reg....

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not a perk. Its a "I have nothing to lose" card so you don't have to play to your full potential.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's irrelevant on Prodo though, insurance means you have basically nothing to lose anyways

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even insurance is getting semi-uncommon on prodo shards honestly, most people who have enough gold to do so, have all their best suits and gear blessed anyway, just to 100% make sure they will never lose it by forgetting to have insurance money in the bank. Especially since when the cleanup returned pretty much everyone stocked up on 20+ bless deeds.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did Siege get the clean up bless deeds? I'm guessing they are item bless deeds since you can bless armor and the like. If I recall cbds only bless...you guessed it...clothing, not armor...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct. CBD is for clothing only. Nothing with mods and no armor or jewelry. They're more common as Tailor BOD rewards. I've never owned a clean up bless deed. Just Clothing Bless Deeds.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nothing to steal or loot either. :(

Yeah but the reduction in Thieves on Prodo has led to many getting slack at Spawns. Anti-Raid tactics do not mean Anti-Thief.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent point. Same is happening on Siege. Backpacks are unorganized and I have yet to snoop one that is setup as s thief deterrent.

Leurnid Hand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
call me a turn coat, but I don't think I am going to be playing a thief anymore.

What's worse...I have started an account to play a detective. While I will be tracking thieves around the shard, I'll also be looking for players who are breaking other rules (such as unattended macroing and not carrying a hunting permit).

I do believe it's time to retire my Rico account...it's been fun, but playing a thief on Siege just isn't what it used to be.

Not to worry, I'll always have time to help a thief in need here, but watch out on Siege...I know all of the tricks and will certainly use them to my advantage.

Hope I am able to provide you with the chases you have been wanting :) ...la

I wouldn't call what I did 'detective work' but I found terminating the script miners (boat and recall), recall-script choppers, and assorted macro-powered gold-farmers very profitable.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. If you check the guild logs, I have popped onto Atlantic a little...but all the shiny bright colors and insurance keep scaring me away...la

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I hope to see my fellow thieves on Atlantic very soon.

I have most of my skills trained up. My stealing is close, but I want to get it to GM before I join the NPC. I like to be able to give counts to people who think I am an easy target while training in town. If they want to kill a thief in training, fine, just be willing to take a count or two :)

-Val'lyn