• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry, but now I am upset...

• Thread starter imported_rpsky3
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_rpsky3

I am sorry, but now most of my lava cards have vanished from my lot from all 5 accounts. they did not yet make a match as i was off by a few or over by one. I am getting so frustrated at this game that I am thinking of quiting it all together. I am trying to stay positive, but seems the more i try to stay positive, the more things mess up for me. I have had so many things go wrong in this game since the merge of the cities.

G

Have you emailed the devs to let them know your cards are missing? I may also be due to merging of the cities. I would email them before you give up. Give them a chance to reissue you the cards again.

Just a thought! Hang in there.

I

imported_rpsky3

I am still waiting to hear from the other messages to the devs from the first time around. they poofed then too.

S

SugarCane

Point being - we all need to be given a lava-lamp (animated and in all colours) no matter what. So many people have lost cards - lost lots of other stuff and been really patient with the whole thing. I think we all deserve a lamp.

Just my 2 cents.

G

Everyone's getting a lamp which will be white. So even if you didn't play YOU will get a lava lamp. The completion of the cards will be adding color (of the cards that are completed) to the lamps.

I

imported_rpsky3

i still think it is unfair that we have lost so much already. maybe some of you haven't lost anything yet, and that is why your so .. you will get something anyways... just wait, it may happen to you and you wont be so happy either. does not matter if you have been playing 5 years like me, or just a few days like some others, it just should not happen.

G

OK here is my 2 cents on this. This "game" was put into EAL (God i hate that name) to distract us from other issues. I could care less if I get all the colors for the lava lamps. What is the point if EVERYONE has one? It won't be a "Rare" because hundreds of thousands will exsist. If i get a match, yay. If not, oh well. The fact is, I did not get any cards this round. I have e-mailed but nothing has come of it. So, I officially give up.

I

imported_rpsky3

so true, and i am sorry that you did not get any cards this round. this is so frustrating. I know they are trying to make this fun for us, but how much fun can it be when some are left out?

G

In my opinion they could make this more fun by introducing new things (i.e. New Jobs). I would love a job that is more interactive. But, I may be one of the few who would be interested in that. Everyone in the game is running around trying to get matching colors. Stores have dedicated areas for cards to trade and sell. The lava lamp will become like my birthday cake. It will sit in my inventory and not do much... well until everyone else gets rid of theirs. Then mine will be a rare... lol

I

imported_rpsky3

lol how right you are. may be the way mine will be too..

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

i still think it is unfair that we have lost so much already. maybe some of you haven't lost anything yet, and that is why your so .. you will get something anyways... just wait, it may happen to you and you wont be so happy either. does not matter if you have been playing 5 years like me, or just a few days like some others, it just should not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I haven't lost anything so I have no idea how you feel but I do know that having just a white lamp because of game bugs isn't fair to you. If I started losing stuff, I'd be here pancakes too. Let's have some sympathy for these players and quit telling them to stop whining. I've never had anything poof or disapear but I can imagine if it is happening to someone all the time that they would be PISSED. Let's support our fellow players that actually are complaining about something tangible.

G

You know. I am just shocked that the dev team introduced something like this when so many people are complaining objects and rares are disappearing right before their eyes. How am I not surpised that Lava cards are disappearing? I have not put out any of my rares yet until I hear that this issue has been fixed.

I

imported_rpsky3

i agree. so many of my items have poofed or not arrived. i have left messages for the devs. over a week and nothing. i have messaged reminders. i know they are busy, but still a little word would be nice.. we are looking into it... but nothing yet...

G

I have heard stories of people losing their robo cats right as they put them out. Anyways, I know this post was about the lava cards so I will keep it to that. I know they brought out the lava game to increase players in game before the March 8th deadline. And, it has worked. I see more new players than ever before. Is that leading to other problems like the lag issue? I can't help but think it is. The fact is, there are so many other issues that the missing lava cards and other objects is put to the bottom of the list. The dev team is under a very strict deadline to make this game profitable that it is in serious jeopardy of being shut down. It is my personal belief that EAL should not have been forced onto us like this until it was fully tested. But again, we don't know what the dev team has been dealing with.

I

imported_rpsky3

ok, just logged in and most of my cards are back as far as i have been able to see. darn bugs. still is very frustrating!

G

I'm glad that some of the cards are back

I would be very frustrated if my cards disappeared, I hope they don't!

I

imported_rpsky3

i hope they don't either. I want to scream sometimes and I dont think screaming at my computer is very sane lol...

G

It's possible that the lava card game itself is providing tracking data so that the devs can finally break the case of the missing/non-viewable items.

I'm just guessing. But Sarah's entries to the blog about card data do make it seem like some serious logging is going on.

I

imported_rpsky3

maybe. i just got frustrated with all that has been going on with my game. i am sorry i got upset. i know the devs are working hard.. but seems like my issues are going unnoticed. just ignore me lol

G

NOIP
As a matter of curiosity.
To those of you who have NOT lost anything.... do you have sims waiting to merge? If so, are any of those sims older than the 'currently' eldest sim on the account? Is that sim "searchable"? (can you find him/her when doing a search on the name?)

S

Shyanne1

I never lost anything when I was playing from beta until a couple of years ago. I have not had to merge because I reactivated my accounts into EA Land. When I used to play before, besides being at work, I played pretty much 24/7 so I guess I'm very, very lucky I haven't had anything poof. Don't know if this helps or not.

I

imported_julilyn

I have been playing since Beta and I have A LOT of stuff.

I have never lost a thing in game with the exception of a cannon that got stuck in my inventory years ago. (I traded it off to Lee last week)

I came to EAL with the JP merge.
I just play one account
My sim got all her cards both rounds
I have bought and display on my lot cc
I bounce around to money and store lots
My sim works at the resturant job

G

Yes I have sims waiting to merge. My Oldest on one acct will come from AV today. I have been very lucky on 5 accts. I thought about your situation earlier. LMAO Yea, I spend my free time thinkin about Donavan. NOT! Anyway, I remember you saying your sim has been searchable for weeks. My AV sim was not searchable until today (which is the oldest on that acct). So I thought, hmm that would be something if EA thinks your sim is already there and you have your cards on that sim. It would stink if that was the case. You have missed the red deadline. Get out of my head!

I

imported_rpsky3

I lost all the homes all my sims had on 5 accounts.. (do to listening to CS) I have lost rares and anniversary gifts, all since they started this EALand. Still waiting to hear from the devs...

Julilyn, i remember when you lost that cannon along time ago. i hope they fix it for you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I have sims waiting to merge. My Oldest on one acct will come from AV today. I have been very lucky on 5 accts. I thought about your situation earlier. LMAO Yea, I spend my free time thinkin about Donavan. NOT! Anyway, I remember you saying your sim has been searchable for weeks. My AV sim was not searchable until today (which is the oldest on that acct). So I thought, hmm that would be something if EA thinks your sim is already there and you have your cards on that sim. It would stink if that was the case. You have missed the red deadline. Get out of my head!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep - I'm pretty much fixated on the 'searchable' theory as to why I didn't get cards.
It's not that important, it's just one of those things that stick in your (my) head no matter what. Like a song that plays over and over in your head all day long.

G

Mine did not merge, my founder sims were purged before before EALand opened so I had to recreate and start with 0 day sims. I don't really think I've ever lost anything before... I don't know. I haven't logged in for a couple days and I need to completely reinstall before I can play again so who knows if my cards are still there.

M

muskratbait

<blockquote><hr>

It's possible that the lava card game itself is providing tracking data so that the devs can finally break the case of the missing/non-viewable items.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats why we got all these cards. Keeping stats on game movement, inventory glitches, etc. Strikes me as funny that the development team would introduce something "extra" in a game that is already under so much stress. If this is true, that data will be valuable (I hope), so I'm riding it out and hoping it gets better. I lost cards too, thanks to friends in game I was able to acquire a new set and match them up. Make your game what you want it to be.

Ever the Optimist

S

SugarCane

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone's getting a lamp which will be white. So even if you didn't play YOU will get a lava lamp. The completion of the cards will be adding color (of the cards that are completed) to the lamps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware of that. But the completion of cards to add color is not possible for people who simply have lost their cards - so what I am saying is; they still deserve a fully colored, animated lamp. (In my opinion.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh gosh I hate hearing that this happened to you
. If you had completed the game on any of the accounts I would say not to worry because they have record of who completed which games, but you said none of the sets were completed. Before you give up, go to the Town Hall when you see it is open, or look up MaxisLee or MaxisParizad in-game and ask them about this. I found that tracking them down in game is more effective than waiting for a reply here, because things are so hectic for them that they don't always get a chance to read here except for limited amounts of threads every day......Lee's mostly being in the Tech forum. Also I would send an e-mail to that address that they set up, which e-mails all of them at once, with the account name of all 5 accounts, and the main sim that had the cards on all 5 accounts. I *believe* that e-mail is [email protected] but if you get an error sending a message to that address let me know and I'll try to find the right one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I haven't lost anything so I have no idea how you feel but I do know that having just a white lamp because of game bugs isn't fair to you. If I started losing stuff, I'd be here pancakes too. Let's have some sympathy for these players and quit telling them to stop whining. I've never had anything poof or disapear but I can imagine if it is happening to someone all the time that they would be PISSED. Let's support our fellow players that actually are complaining about something tangible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly here. I can vouch for the fact that this player is *NOT* one of the consistent pessimists, so I am not about to tell her to stop whining......we really need to figure out how to get this girl some help for her simmies!

I

imported_rpsky3

Maxis Lee has messaged me about a week ago to email him on his other email account he has on here. I sent him all the account names and sim names. (no passwords) he said he would look into it. I am trying to remain positive. just hard.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
To those of you who have NOT lost anything.... do you have sims waiting to merge? If so, are any of those sims older than the 'currently' eldest sim on the account? Is that sim "searchable"? (can you find him/her when doing a search on the name?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any avatars waiting to merge, and I have not lost anything (YET, so as not to jinx myself
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I lost all the homes all my sims had on 5 accounts.. (do to listening to CS)

[/ QUOTE ]

How did that happen, did you bullet train them all, not knowing they would merge because CS told you to?

I

imported_rpsky3

yes, i came back and logged in and seen all cities were closed, i called CS and they told me that i needed to bullet train them to EALand. I asked what EALand was and they told me it was the "NEW TSO" no longer called tso. They told me that all my items and homes/lots would follow.. well, they didnt. i lost trees, cannons, rare pets.. and all houses on 5 accounts. i could not get on the boards because i lost the password. it took days to fix. even requesting a new password took days. so i called the toll free number from my files and did as i was instructed... it was the biggest let down and mistake ever.

G

OMG that's terrible. When you bullet trained though your items at least should have come with you, just not your lot or simoleans, so did no items come with you in your inventories on those sims?

I

imported_rpsky3

only the items that you would buy from store lots ect. half my trees came and cheetahs and hounds. one robot dog and one st bernard. also about 2 cannons. rest of all my items poofed. i had near 30 or so trees and all the other rares. i had rares .. pinks and everything.. i was a pet puller from JP and BF.. pulled all my own rares ect. lost it all. All because.. CS.. dont listen to them people.. learn from my mistakes!

I

imported_rpsky3

thanks, i got it, i reported it already directly to the devs

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not 'lost' anything in the game, including the cards....but I did not get cards on the oldest of two accounts, in the first round, but I worked that out. This round both accounts got their cards.

My oldest sim on that account is in BF, and will be the last to merge from production cities...she is not searchable.
The second oldest on that account was in AV and is now in EAL. Be interesting to see who gets the next set of cards....

My other account was created for TC3/EAL, and I have had no problems with it.

Also on another, maybe unrelated, note:
I also have not had most of the problems updating or logging into the game, that people have reported.....I suspect that is because I only play one account at a time and have no second shortcut, or Vista.