• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorcerer's dungeon currently broken

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a head's up.

If it get fixed, report in here as well as general chat.

BTW, there are reports that general chat might be the source of some of the lag we've been experiencing, as something got broken with it recently.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, did a round of it last night.

The bad thing is that they STILL have some of the spawn quick-decaying AND Looting - so that if it dies while you are getting rezed, odds are you lost stuff.

One of the people I was hunting with last night bailed because he/she thought someone had stole the bag of Enchanted items that got looted - no, the corpse of the looting creature decayed LONG before it could have become public - and probably a minute or two before the player got back to their character's own corpse. There's the REAL danger of all the quick killing - not the piles of corpses.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Char was a she a type A personallity that I am proud to say has been my Wife for the last 47 yrs and hopefully many more. She stayed by her corpse as a ghost until her corpse went public but neither here or there just leaves a bitter taste. By the way I am Jock among other chars i was doing with you late last night this morn on Ryal.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a fewout there older than me but i am in the top 5 percent oldest playing the game

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really hate the way the body decay was instituted because of people claiming "too many bodies causing lag" when the result was people losing stuff like your wife did.

I tried the entire time I was there, checking every monster corpse that could have been present when she died, hoping against hope I'd find her stuff. As it was, I barely managed to recover a bag of my own that was looted (that had gems and arrows/bolts looted from about 15-20 changelings), and I know I lost a significant (10k+) pile of gold, in the same room.

IT seemed the only bodies that weren't decaying fast were mummies - which normally loot too, but I've not seen them loot in the event.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Insurance and Bags of Sending....

Like I had posted somewhere before...it wasn't the LAG that was the problem...it was having a difficult time seeing anything...now mind you while we were testing we only had a few people and didn't mass cast area spells/EV's/earthquake/ etc. etc. We ran through the dungeon 3-4 times...noticed that when the entire room died and respawned..you had 30+ corpses and then 30+ more critters spawn you couldn't see anything...couldn't target anything....it was horrible....and everyone there was in consensus that it was a problem and that's why Kyronix put the fast decay in.

Now that it seems they have sort of gotten a handle on why it was broken and are, or seem to be, slowly getting it fixed..MAYBE Kyronix can take a look at the decay rate and slow it down a bit??

In the meantime I either insure all my drops or just send them to the bank.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has come up with a number of invasions as well, over the 15 years I've played.

Go back to the invasions of 2005. After way too many players complained, they made it to where the invasion spawn didn't loot.

Yet, with each new event, they forget the lessons learned from the old ones.

It's NOT that the enchanted items are getting looted individually (I've found ONE so far, on the corpse of a paragon balron after it combined). It's all the OTHER stuff that's getting looted by creatures with a fast decay rate. From one lich, after it died (there were only two of us fighting the spawn at 3 AM) I recovered THREE items from it before it decayed, from my backpack - NONE of which were enchanted items, and all where non-insurable from being containers, gold, etc.

The paragons don't seem to decay as fast as the regular spawns of the same creatures that fast-decay. (artifact of the paragon code? a change to increase looting of a chest that might be there???)

The balrons and mummies appear to have semi-normal decay rates (long enough for corpses to combine), especially if they chase you out of the rooms into the hall. The Balrons loot; the mummies normally are BAD for looting elsewhere, but I've not seen one loot yet in there (legacy code from a previous event?).

The daemons rarely loot, compared to their non-event counterparts - but in some rooms, they seem to decay quickly while they don't in others.

The Liches and lich lords are looting fiends, and tend to loot players most often in the rooms where they decay at the champ spawn rate (before the instanced corpses combine).

Other mobs (that mainly show up in Jack's room) also loot normally, but I don't see them enough around bodies to see if they loot.

I don't mind the fast-decay bit per se (and love it for all the low-end, non-looting, crap), but for events (and even champ spawns), there should be some sort of toggle relating to looting or decay.

Either make them not loot in their fast-decay form, or make the presence of non-gold looted items in the creature's inventory force its body to go through a normal (not accelerated) decay cycle.

If it's the ROOMS causing the quick-decay (corpses fast-decay there, but not in the hallways), it would be far better to have most of the spawn function like the Khaldun creatures that leave no corpse, and limit their loot (which drops to the ground) to things like T-maps/chests (as paragon chests check separately on the T-map chance - as you can get both off a paragon). That way, why you might get looted, someone may recover your stuff (and if they are nice, return it; if not nice, well, all's fair in war).