• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soooooo lagggggyyyyyyy!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that we have the Inbox and Alert icons again at the top of the page when logged in and that it is once again almost impossible to make posts here. I'm really disappointed and frustrated by this move, Taylor. Stratics is almost unusable for me like this. I'd rather have to go to another page or two to find out if I have any messages or alerts than to have to deal with this. If I have nothing else open, I can barely manage to type something without 200 errors in it from dropped letters. But once I open up any other application, I might as well not even bother looking at Stratics because it just locks up and there is no hope at all of participating in any kind of discussion.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nothing was changed. The inbox and notifications have always been there.

The latency is related to the host, which we've been hoping to change this month, but are not able to at the present time.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing was changed. The inbox and notifications have always been there.

The latency is related to the host, which we've been hoping to change this month, but are not able to at the present time.
That's strange, because for a few weeks, prior to this morning, I didn't see the inbox and alert icons at the top of the page. I had to get to them through the Quick Navigation menu. Now they're showing again on every page and the slow, slow typing (like chiseling letters into granite, one at a time) is back again too.

I've been using the "Scroll" style. Did someone perhaps bring back an old version of it this morning?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below is a screen shot of what I'm seeing today when I log into Stratics. The stuff circled in blue has not been visible for me for the last couple of weeks. The rest circled in red may also have been missing, but I can't say for sure. When the stuff in blue stopped showing up, the slowness and lag also eased up considerably. Now those things show again and it's so bad trying to make posts or navigate that I might as well not even bother logging in. Typing anything requires slowing down to an absolute crawl. It is a very discouraging experience.

stratics header.jpg

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not having a problem at all. Pages load instantly for me and I haven't noticed anything different with the alert icons.

I use the Default-UOClassic theme.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Below is a screen shot of what I'm seeing today when I log into Stratics. The stuff circled in blue has not been visible for me for the last couple of weeks.
The stuff circled has always been visible on my window.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stuff circled has always been visible on my window.
I have been using Internet Explorer the whole time, prior to that stuff being gone, while it was gone, and still today now that has reappeared. I have not switched browsers. Internet Explorer did have a big update Wednesday when I got the usual monthly Windows update. But other than just letting that update run automatically, I have not adjusted anything in IE. So that doesn't explain why this particular style ("Scroll") switched back today for me.

The only other thing I see that is different with it is that the "Notice" box is back again too. That's why I'm asking if someone brought back an old version of the "Scroll" style this morning when there was a reason to use the "Notice" box. (And Happy Birthday, Taylor, too.) If yes, maybe the choppiness is from both the return of the "Notice" box and the alert stuff.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I switched over to using Chrome and there is no noticeable choppiness. So it appears to me that maybe the issue is related to using Internet Explorer, combined with the reappearance of the alert stuff and the Notice box.

T

Tazar

Folk around my office tend to call Internet Explorer - Intermittent Error. :p

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We'll be changing hosts later this month. I've also hired someone to focus on fixing technical issues.