• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sooo happy

• Thread starter imported_Mr. Sly
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mr. Sly

I would just like to say i think its GREAT that everyone who has arty's are useing them from what i can see. My first thought was that after Mag event was over that people would just horde all those damn artys to themselves, i am so happy that i was wrong and jsut want to thank the SP community for not being lame. I would also like to thank JSV for all the fun last night in luna i had alot of close calls and i swear i actually tasted the dirt in my little wolf mouth at some points. But im positive that dragon didnt ask to come in the KOC house.. so rude of him.

Thanks for the good time SP!

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

Agreed.

Good fights last night....looking forward to more tonight.

Good loots too!!

M

Masumatek

Cursed arties make the game more item-based and hurt crafters even more, as will the BOD changes.

I

I don't really see the cursed items hurting crafters. The good artys are jewels (which crafters can't make) or hats.

Don't the bod changes help crafters by making runic tools more available and therefore increasing the quality of crafted stuff versus monster loot?

I

<blockquote><hr>

whats the bod changes ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Runic hammers and sewing kits are about to get a big boost. They will be more readily available and produce better results.

M

Masumatek

Hats is still armor...and there are other armor pieces, and weapons, as well.

As far as runics go, on the surface it might appear a good change for crafters. But this just isn't so. A crafter, though EA seems to have difficulty understanding this, was never meant to be some BOD hunter getting rewards from npcs to make into uber gear. The crafter's gold item is his GM gear. And now the GM gear will be less valuable and less in demand. And, the game will also become even more item-based with the bod changes.

I

I understand that hats are armor but I personally can't stand wearing those stupid caps. I actually enjoy the variety offered by the arty hats. I understand that limits a crafters ability to sell caps, but as someone who stocks gm armor on a vendor, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

As for the other arties, yes there are other pieces but people aren't really using them. If you look at the trade threads, you can get just about any arty you want for gold except maybe the orny, hat of the magi, or divine countenance. That is because they just don't have that much value.

Regarding BOD's. Crafting has changed and it isn't going back in that area. I can still sell gm armor on my vendor, so I know it still has value. I don't have to run any BOD's to do that. Will the changes mean I sell less armor? I doubt it. There will always be a demand for gm gear because it is cheap and readily available.

G

I'm sorry, but I'm happy that crafters will be getting [censored] over. I'm pretty tired of being forced to pay 1600gp for a tunic, 1400 for legs, 900 for the rest. It's ridiculous. I know of 2-3 places that stock full suits reasonably priced of barbed/horned for 2000-2500. Not to mention the alliace that has formed on this shard, makes it cost 30k to equip, and as soon as you do some JSV is nerve striking you, and TnA is dismounting you, and three other guilds are hidden sicking pets on you. Screw crafters honestly :/

I

If you need a bunch of gm pieces, I can hook you up.

I won't charge you an arm and a leg. Trades are acceptable too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The good artys are jewels (which crafters can't make) or hats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, with tinkering crafters can make jewelry too. U need the ML gems that U mine up along with regular gems. Sure, it´s pretty expensive cuz U need a lot of ML gems to get anything worth keeping and the result is often not good but still it can be done.

C

Calibretto

Glad there was some action.

I missed out.

Maybe I can get on tonight!

M

Major_Jax

If you like pet dismount stealth action...then there was TONS of action. If you like PvP...then there was none to be found.

G

*checks armour price list*

Dunno where you've been shopping, but it wasn't at my vendors unless you were buying the valorite samurai armour.

R

RobotPlanet

as far as I can tell crafters are hurting crafters by not selling high end or enhanced armor and weapons.

if you sell it they will buy it

all I can find is GM + arms lore armor and GM + arms lore weapons.(on a regular basis)

every blood moon I might find something else but its over priced.

Edit:

oh I see, you don't want the high end items, does this mean you are going to give me that crossbow adn start running a GM made bow?

M

Masumatek

I'm not saying people won't still buy GM armor. I'm saying, sales will obviously decrease if people are going to be wearing arty armor. However, my main concern with crafters isn't the arties...it's the BOD gear. The arties will still make the game incredibly item-based though, more so than it has been in the past.

Btw, you don't have to wear caps. You can wear crafted hats like say a skullcap...and guess what? It's only 3 less resists.

Both the BOD changes and the cursed arties will contribute to devaluing GM crafted gear and make the game, well at least Siege anyway, much more item-based.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

as far as I can tell crafters are hurting crafters by not selling high end or enhanced armor and weapons.

if you sell it they will buy it

all I can find is GM + arms lore armor and GM + arms lore weapons.(on a regular basis)

every blood moon I might find something else but its over priced.

Edit:

oh I see, you don't want the high end items, does this mean you are going to give me that crossbow adn start running a GM made bow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. So you think the crafter's role is to do a bunch of bods to get rewards and then sell those rewards or craft stuff with them instead of providing their basic GM armor? Kinda sad thinking imo....
Oh, and as far as your edit goes, that argument is complete bs. It's just like the idiots who say "hey masu, if you think blessed items shouldn't exist, doesn't that make you a stupid hypocrite for using blessed items?" The answer isno, it doesn't. Me not using blessed items or me using only GM gear isn't going to do jack. The point is to get blessed items removed for EVERYONE and to make it so EVERYONE can compete with GM gear in a world where runics and "uber" items don't rule the day.

G

Mas sorry to call you out on this but the game has always been item based, i have made this clear in past posts, the game started out with vanq's and invlulnerability armour. the only thing that really has changed is you are now able to view your actual damage increase as opposed to the way it used to be when you had ruin 10% di might 20% di force 30% di power 40% di and vanq at 50% di.

also you had charges before- fireball lighting curse harm etc. so they game hasnt changed that much its still item based, and IMO a crafter should have to work to make a living buying some leather and turning it into armour to turn a profit is not how they were originally designed. Bods is a great "questing" system for crafters to be able to compete with the artifacts that are now in game and have always been there.

Back in the day (as you keep bringing up) crafters were unable to make anything above gm so they have always lost that market, until the introduction of BOD's which gave them the opportunity to compete in that market

G

so basically what im saying (sorry to do this) your wrong. without bods crafters would not be able to compete in the higher end market, now with bods they have that opprotunity. so on that note your rebuttal =}

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Cursed arties make the game more item-based and hurt crafters even more, as will the BOD changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you expecting the game to become less item based? I would love to see it happen, but it's not going to.

R

RobotPlanet

OK, as I understand it , you want players to only have GM made armor and weapons?

what about PVM players? Do you suggest a turn down on monster abilities?

I can go for a level playing field on PVP but when it comes to peerless you are going to need a bit of an edge.

U

uomlplayer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you expecting the game to become less item based? I would love to see it happen, but it's not going to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QFT!!!

I

imported_Mr. Sly

i can already tell tonight..will be FUN! Everyone wear your bestest shizzit and check your packs often
WOO