• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma UOAM Public Server Re-Post New INFO

K

Kalnar

I should get my DSL hooked backup about the first part of next week. When I do, I'll be connecting. :)

M

Mighty_Charis

more people need to get on more often!
c'mon people.. i know you are all on all the time...
no excuses that it makes you "lag out".. i only have a 14.4k connection and i run it all the time... show a little UOSS spirit!

S

Sir William

Yeah, What BreeOge Said!!

Dor could we make this sticky, to keep it at the top?

Please!!!

B

BreeOge

Hail Everyone,

I have set up a UOAM Server that will be on 24/7. (As long as no network problems arise) This is using my personal bandwidth, but from what I have seen from uoam. It is not a major bandwidth eater, so I see no problems as of right now.. I would like people to test it out and see how they like it.. Also remember if you place a shared marker EVERYONE can see it.. So please try not to place any because that can get annoying. Also remember the space bar puts you in and out of PANIC mode when you have your UOAM selected as your top most window.

Other UOAM commands of interest

Chat = In UO you can put -- and then type what you want to say
and it will get sent to everyone in UO that is logged onto
UOAM at that time. Also you can make UOAM your top
most window and just type in the chat box that will appear.
That has the same effect as the -- in UO. The message will
be sent to everyone that is logged into the UOAM. Lets
please only use this for the announcements of Events and such,
and please do not spam it..

Also, if you dbl click on your UOAM window it will make it perma visible even when you are in UO.

Please do not abuse this, and I will keep it up and running.

The UOAM settings are as follows

IP: uoautomap.servegame.com
Port: 2000
Password: SONOMA

If you dont have UOAM, and want to find out what all this is about.

HTTP://www.uoam.net

Thank you for all your support on this,
BreeOge

B

BreeOge

Well.. I found out some intresting news.. EA/UO bought the rights to UOAM and is now including it in every UO cd made.. also.. I was talking to one of the lead dev team members.. and she is over this kind of issues.. she is going to contact me later this week and get some more input on what people would like to see in UOAM.. so if anybody has any Ideas please post them and I will be sure to pass them on.. :eek:)

S

Shaman

I like UOAM as it is really.

it is small, works amazingly well.

I fear it becoming bloatware.

Maybe have the ability to store and recall different IP/Server settings with an easy drop down pick list.

G

Grond

I'm kinda glad to see it have some official support from the UO folks, given that they now have the ability to modify each shard's geography independently, UOAM is probably due for an overhaul really soon...

D

Dor of Sonoma

BreeOge, I put a link to this information/thread in the top "Welcome to Sonoma" post, as I stated earlier.

It is also a "kept" thread, so no worries. :)

B

BoneStrpr

If you are in contact with the UOAM developers perhaps you can find out when they are planning to update the HAVEN area of the map...thanks...

B

BreeOge

Does anybody even use this anymore? By looking at the stats.. I havent seen any body on in a LOONG time..

L

Lord Delekhan

I used to alot then no one used it and I lost the info for it...

C

Cromagus

I used it the first three days you had it up back in January. I only saw a few other folks but whenever I said "howdy" all I got back was "Kal Ort Por". (Maybe I should get my Tinker workin' on a toothbrush.)

I thought it was a good idea, but it just wasn't accepted for some reason.

B

Burgmeister

Me and the guild KtL could use this, great idea!! Wish it was up right now so I could check it out.

Burg, GM of the KtL

I

imported_Maelwyn

Well, you know Cro. Only us elite people are really allowed to use it. That's what the problem is, really.

Just joking.

Actually I used it a bit for a little while. I just didn't like getting into trouble for chatting on it.

*shrugs*

B

BreeOge

Ahh.. yes the downtime today was due to a faulty Connection to the network.. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/blush.gif/ Sorry about that.. and as for the talking, well.. That was and is a problem.. I asked if anybody wanted to be a kinda moderator.. but nobody wanted too.. well it is still up if you guys ever want to use it..

L

Lady Vixen

I have used it before, but little since I working nights. Little time to play in the evening, mainly running in to get TBODs and logging out to go work. But I happy to see it still here, and when I back to normal schedule I be sure to pop in

T

Thalia Soulrift

Question: Can other people see where you are?

If the answer is yes, then I would not use it. If I am in Fel, I really don't want anyone knowing about it. That would be an open invitation for a PK to come kill me. Second, sometimes I am very busy and I don't want people looking for me or hunting me down "just to hang out together". I know it sounds bad but I don't always have time to hang out with friends or others. Lately, all I have is a quick 30-60 minutes at a time to play and I usually have a list of things I need to do during that time.

Question: Is there a way to turn off chat?

Question: Will my maps be overwritten by server maps?

Does that make sense? I have a lot of locations that I have marked on my maps for personal use. ALOT of locations. I don't want to lose them, nor does anyone else need to see the vast list of my personal notations. I doubt anyone cares what kind of deco is in this house or that. Where my friend's houses are, or even my many points marked for colored ore (not everyone is a miner).

I use UOAM almost daily but I have never connected to a server.

L

Lady Vixen

1. yes they can see you just as you can see them:)
2. no
3. if they drop a marker while in server it will show up to you as well, that why we ask other not to drop a marker

S

Shaman

I use it in Fel, as a lure.

You can disconnect and reconnect in an instant.

B

BreeOge

People still use it.. I knotcied it the other day.. people was on..

L

Lady Vixen

I use it when I am working with non-ote members. useful to keep track of them when we trying to fight spawn or t-hunt.

we have one that for ote members that we use when doing guild events, very useful to have, you can chat in game with. this is good when working with a LARGE, (more then 10) group of people and trying to get them all to one location

S

Shaman

Maybe write Juba and recommend people use it for the OAKS hunt.
It really helps with working in groups.

People can even change their colors so that you know who is on the hunter/lurer/altar sitter Teams.

B

BreeOge

After a long time of being down, the UOAM Sonoma Public server is back up. The connection info is in the first post of this thread.

T

Threnody

ooooo Now people can watch me bounce all over creation marking runes.