• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something that was started on Siege by another

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would prefer to see Uhall filled with this type of post rather than post after post of whining. When I see others post about things they are having fun with in-game, it inspires me to try them out, to actually play the game and have fun. I'd love to see one of these types of posts for all players of all shards to contribute to.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Y'all go back and reread the verse that Old Timer put up on Feb 10. If I'm not mistaken the rhythm is that of <sigh> "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Picket.

I'm betting a few more little things are in the various parts.

Old Timer

Adventurer
Y'all go back and reread the verse that Old Timer put up on Feb 10. If I'm not mistaken the rhythm is that of <sigh> "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Picket.

I'm betting a few more little things are in the various parts.

Aye, you are correct about the tune. And that specific passage is based from an earlier post I did ( For my PK Friends... Enjoy... Jan 20th ) where I credited that fact. The folks that read the Siege posts on a regular basis were already privy to that and would've 'gotten the inside reference'. Also the last post I did in Story Time borrows from 2001 A Space Odyssey, and the keen of eye would have picked that up as well. It's all in fun, and not meant to be serious... so "Why so serious?" could't help myself! The majority of that thread is voiced by each persons own view and words. Original fiction, but their style could be influenced by things read or seen - and some certainly by game events. For those that have never tried a snippet of a story, give it a try sometime - you might like it...

And Meanwhile... we'll continue to enjoy the world that is UO.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This one from @Blind Otto had me laughing

Having recently evaded an orcish intruder in his home, Otto loaded up his backpack with potions and bandages, and paid a visit to the small room that held his soulstones.
Deftly running his fingers over the runes that read "healing", "anatomy" and "alchemy", with a brief stop at "hiding" and "stealth", he wondered why he had never invested in one for "running like a lunatic with all the hordes of the abyss on your tail".

Regardless, he mounted his faithful seeing-eye beetle, and set forth in search of the orcs. Perhaps he could reason with them? After all, he'd been ...well, not quite friends. Tolerated, perhaps, by the orcs of old. Even the younger ones who hung around Mo'gluk had shown enough respect to not bash his brains in on sight. Perhaps he could find out what irked these orcs, and maybe even negotiate with them.

The first orc he found sounded as if it was relieving itself in the bushes. It was most decidedly not pleased to be interrupted by a human, even one who could not see what it was doing. It attacked. There was an almighty howl as Otto's beetle's pincers reminded the orc why it is a good idea to always return your studded loincloth to the right position after a visit to the bushes, and Otto took that as an opportunity to wheel the beetle around, and attempt to flee.

The orc followed, at an amazing pace. Over hills, through towns - the guards were useless - across bridges, through moongates, in and out of buildings, through teleporter tiles - this orc was relentless!

Finally, as his beetle was frothing at the mandibles from the effort, Otto came to the magical gateway to the hidden lands, where Papua and Delucca nestle.
Screaming the words of passage, he arrived, in a mage's hut, expecting to have to keep going - but the orc did not follow. Perhaps it did not know the words? Perhaps the magic keeping the town hidden had also hidden Otto?

In any case, Otto was not looking a gift kraken in the tentacles, so he took his severely winded beetle to the stables, to recover, and flopped down in a chair at the nearest tavern.

"Orcish ale, sir? Best in the land!"

Otto would not be leaving a tip.
And meanwhile....