• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something I noticed building a seed bank & décor...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I would point out a funny fact that I’m not sure anyone else has picked up on. :)

Custom house designs... outside floor tiles, to match the environment. We have grass, snow, swamp, lava... no sand for desert themes. Out of the original plants we can grow for décor, not including the newer “particular” plants and sure not including rare ones from clean up or primeval lich or the Maginica rare rubble plants... there are 17. In that 17, only 1 swamp plant, the ‘water plant’. So... 1 plant to decorate your home swamp. Now, for you desert fans... 4 plants with no sandy tiles. For that... really, there are no jungle floor tiles, but grass will do.

Now, they added 2 nasty looking trees to the swamp plants with the particular trees... and 1x 4 barrel cactus to the desert. There is also a water-lily and a cattail, also water little and a cluster in the new clean up rewards... but all 4 can be either in swamp water or clear ponds. Still, with a few upgrades since the custom houses started... no sand. Isn't that nutty? PLUS, that wonderful large pipe-cactus from the primeval lich spawn!? You can't fake that into a pot. hehe. At least, for those of us lucky to own the Maginica rubble palm trees... those look just as good on grass as they do on sand, but I think it's just a little odd this gross oversight has gone on so long.

For the record, for you gardening squirrels... (originals only)

Desert plants:
* Century Plant, Tri-barrel Cactus, Barrel Cactus, Prickly Pear.

Swamp plants:
* Water Plant.

Jungle:
* Snake Plant, Ponytail Palm, Small Palm, Bulrushes, Fern, Rushes, Elephant Ear.

Forest:
* Pampas Grass, Lilies (Grass), Snowdrops, Poppies, Champion.

Just thought I would share. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I agree... I've always wanted sand tiles...

I also want edge tiles for putting edges on walks between dirt and grass, water and grass... water and sand.

Also needed are tiles that are round to use with the round tower pieces. Sadly there is no flooring that doesn't stick out when you use rounded wall tiles. Also there is only two sets of rounded walls. The bamboo and stone.

Also the marble tile sets don't have the nice corded edging on the half wall pieces or the decorative pieces.... which makes them look stupid and half finished when you use them.

Color me picky but as someone who's passion is house customization and design it seriously bothers me.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... well, as wonderful as the custom design system is, it's extremely deficient in selection. If you really want to see for yourself, check the old “InsideUO” system. Mine no longer works for some reason... but even just guessing I would say we lack an insane amount of tiles that the designers can use that we can't. Maybe we have just 1/5th what they do... maybe worse. All the tiles you mentioned, not even counting the newer ones that are greatly lacking. The classic ones, I think more so you have the added challenge of how to soften up those really hard transitions. We have the plants... we have other décor items. Plus, if you want to go with a natural walkway, now we have landscaping stone, from those lava fishing hooks. Still, to soften up waterlines... it takes advanced skill and multiple steps. A lot of Tricky Pixie Tricks. ;)

I know with what I was saying, though... they gave us such nice swamp tiles with all the edge pieces. They gave us the lava set, I’d say that was complete too. Sand is like snow. 1 tile each! hehe

The elf tile stuff I think was the last best we got. Still, the floors have lines in them when you put down carpets or bear skin rugs. I need to break down and change the floor in my main house, what will cost me a week work on my house with all the putting things back and I’ve been stalling on that for over a year. This gothic/rustic set is the absolute worst! I honestly hope the designers pick up on all the complaints from the skilled house builders and fix it... and/or do a much better job for the next time. Not to mention, you would figure the odd world of gargoyles would require some new alien kind of plant... maybe stone-based. hehe. MORE then just a rock garden. :)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree I would actually be willing to pay for booster packs if it gave me more tile sets. It would be great for UO if we had more to work with. I also think that houses and creativity are what sets UO apart from the other MMO's I hope the devs at least look at this for something like a booster because I feel its playing to UO's strong suit.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still working on the seed bank... not only would it be nice to get a simple sand tile, really we don’t need a booster pack or any money out of our pockets for this “oversight”... but the seeds need a small adjustment. A bug from goodness knows how long ago.

The tri-barrel, prickly-pear, and single-barrel cactus all have issues in cross pollinating. It doesn’t matter if you are trying to cross for Orange/Green/Purple or the bright colors. Not even if you are just growing normal non-color plants. If you cross these plants, it seems you get “random” plant seeds. I unknowingly destroyed my supply of normal tri-barrel cactus supply, down to the last 5 seeds. You can only grow these plants pollinating them to themselves! Otherwise, you loose the ability to produce the same plant the next time around.

Now... if you grew these in the past, it wasn’t bugged. It's a current issue. Just be warned. If I didn’t find a friend that had the 12 colors (each) of these 3 plants... this seed bank would be incomplete and never be complete with this bugged situation.

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought id post this my rooftop oasis a friend and i worked on.....

my roof top.jpg

If anyone would like to see this ingame plz Pm me thx :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought id post this my rooftop oasis a friend and i worked on.....
Too bad the pic is so tiny, even when expanded... hehe... BUT I love the old-school skilled efforts. Reminds me of the roof-top garden I did on a full tower. Good stuff, babe. :)