• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something else new this fall, my Mage Poisoner's Poison Walls no longer poison all Solen Infiltrator

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My standard way of killing infiltrators has been leading a bunch through a Poison Wall and then Hiding while they die. Just restocked my Powder of Translocation and a good 10% or more weren't poisoned by the Walls. The Devs are apparently tossing in little changes to the game.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ants are learning :) 100% energy or cold 50 DI 30 SSI, hit lightning, and hit mana leech War Hammer and whirlwind kill them faster anyway ;) Next fastest get them in a choke point and spam wither. Or use war hammer and wither at the same time. But I guess for a lazy mage poison fields are the fastest :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My standard way of killing infiltrators has been leading a bunch through a Poison Wall and then Hiding while they die. Just restocked my Powder of Translocation and a good 10% or more weren't poisoned by the Walls. The Devs are apparently tossing in little changes to the game.
you cant hide when you have a critter poisoned anyways.
each time it ticks per critter it rolls to pop you out of hiding.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay unannounced changes for no reason!
It'll keep us from getting to used to things. A little paranoia that critter we can kill in our sleep might suddenly throw us an unexpected curve and fillet our hides will keep us a bit wary. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you cant hide when you have a critter poisoned anyways.
each time it ticks per critter it rolls to pop you out of hiding.
Not with 100 Hiding and 80+ Stealth it doesn't. Actually try it, you stay hid. When I'm carrying the Poison skill, leading things through a Poison Wall and Hiding is a routine thing. I'd rather click my Wall macro and Hide macro buttons on my mouse than press the ebolt macro a couple dozen times. Arthritis bites so I lean towards slower minimal movement game play.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what the min stealth is but yeah I was not revealing at 110 stealth. put poisoning on a bit ago on a 110 mage/100 poisoning and you are right, not all that walked through were poisoned . Second field or a trip back through the first did get 100% coverage. Will try 120 mage and see if that makes any difference. Treatment day so might not be soon :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what the min stealth is but yeah I was not revealing at 110 stealth. put poisoning on a bit ago on a 110 mage/100 poisoning and you are right, not all that walked through were poisoned . Second field or a trip back through the first did get 100% coverage. Will try 120 mage and see if that makes any difference. Treatment day so might not be soon :)
I have 120 Magery/100 Poisoning with 100 Hiding/97 Stealth currently. Ran 80 Stealth for ages until recently and poisoned monsters taking damage wasn't revealing me.

I'm just leading the Solen back through the Poison Wall a second time or casting double Walls and getting them all poisoned solving the problem. A little more time, a touch of hassle, *shrugs*. Have to admit, parking my character and picking up my iced coffee, and to being a bit surprised a solen was surviving to make it that far towards him. Then it started whomping on him. :)