• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Someone probably know how this works

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im going to transfer my taming skill from one char to another.
So my "tamer" will have zero skill in both taming and lore but she will have all my pets in her stable.
I want to transfer my pets from the char with zero taming and lore to the one with 120/120.

So my question is can a char with zero taming skill still transfer GD's/Dreads/Mares etc that do require taming t be controlled?

I hope you understand my question.
Thaks in advance!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you plan to transfer to a character on the same account?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From char 1 on account 1
To Char 2 on account 2
From char 2 on account 2
To Char 3 on account 1

^^

Anyway i tamed a mare and tryed it and it worked. Didnt think of that before i posted :p

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your 0 taming character transferred a Night Mare (as opposed to a regular horse) to a 120 taming character?

If so you may want this thread to disappear before the griefers get hold of it. :pint:

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not need taming to transfer a pet TO another char. It only does the control check on the char you transfer to. Just don't issue any commands on accident before you get it transfered.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not need taming to transfer a pet TO another char. It only does the control check on the char you transfer to. Just don't issue any commands on accident before you get it transfered.
:) Yes .... do the extrapolation as to why and there will be the attack point :pint:

In the beginning your taming level did matter :) if you were low and were trying to sell a pet then you probably ended up feeding that pet a lot to get it to transfer. Of course the same thing was true of the other side of the trade box.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was the answer i was looking for! I have never done this before and i didnt want to loose one of my trained or rare pets.

Thanks guys.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a recent change? because i would love to store GD's on non tamers that have no need for pets whatsoever.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your 0 taming character transferred a Night Mare (as opposed to a regular horse) to a 120 taming character?

If so you may want this thread to disappear before the griefers get hold of it. :pint:
Why would anyone grief this thread?

Take away soulstone delays, add more pets and just 2 stable slots and I suspect this will get done a lot now. You could be forgiven for thinking this was planned on EA's part, all the pieces fall together so nicely :)

Now whether the devs will leave this as it is, is anyone's guess.

Wenchy

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the part I do not understand. You have a scrolled out tamer already and you want to give those skills to another toon. What are you going to do to the 1st toon with the skills that you can't do to the 2nd toon without the skills. Why go to all that trouble? I would go to TC and try this before I did it on a reg shard. You have stable slots based on tame/lore/vet and if you drop them to zero and take out 1 pet could you lose your other pets because you have fewer stable slots now?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't lose pets that are already in the stable. You just can't restable them if you take them out. I've done this a couple times to get a new name for a tamer. Nothing was scrolled past 110 so it was cheap to do. This has been like this for years.

I'm probably going to have to do the same thing to a tamer I inherited when a friend gave me an account. I don't care for the name, and don't have the stable slots to hold all that chars pets in another tamers stable.

It's not as if you can use the pets, if the char doesn't have taming. All they are is stable hogs, sitting there taking up space. I still have a nightmare in my bard's stable from back when they only required 60/60 to control. Now THAT has been sitting there since about '99. I lost the taming in favor of other skills for her. Having the mare sit in there doesn't do anything to help her. I just hate resigning old pets that survived before bonding to death.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have a nightmare in my bard's stable from back when they only required 60/60 to control. Now THAT has been sitting there since about '99.
Just curious, is that Nightmare nerf'd or is it the same as it was back then. I have been told here that some time after I left that the White Wyrms, Dragons and Nightmares all got nerf'd.

So did that include the stabled ones as well? And, in your opinion, would you just throw a best guess estimate on the overall nerf? By overall, I mean its value to you pre nerf and its value to you post nerf.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... What are you going to do to the 1st toon with the skills that you can't do to the 2nd toon without the skills....
One thing the OP may be considering (well I was considering pirating my accounts I sold back if they were not in use but decided not to) is to transfer the skills to, oh say an Elf so the Elf can tame Cu Sidhe. Or perhaps to a Gargoyle for the run speed without a Poof Mount.

The later is perhaps the most nagging point for me to upgrade to SA. It really ticks me off that I can NOT use Ethereal Mount's. I would convert my human Peace Tamer to a Gargoyle Peace tamer and give the Challenger to one of my other characters. Of course the big show stopper for me is the problem about re-itemizing her. I don't have the money nor do I have the inclination to.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I was just a little curious as to what you were meaning/expecting.

Wenchy

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, is that Nightmare nerf'd or is it the same as it was back then. I have been told here that some time after I left that the White Wyrms, Dragons and Nightmares all got nerf'd.

So did that include the stabled ones as well? And, in your opinion, would you just throw a best guess estimate on the overall nerf? By overall, I mean its value to you pre nerf and its value to you post nerf.

Only nerf I've seen is where the resists get screwy. I've only had that happen to pets on closed accounts. My old WW, dragon, and the mare I actually ride are just fine. That account has never been closed, though, and I use them from time to time.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only nerf I've seen is where the resists get screwy. I've only had that happen to pets on closed accounts. My old WW, dragon, and the mare I actually ride are just fine. That account has never been closed, though, and I use them from time to time.
Thanks for the input.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
is this a recent change? because i would love to store GD's on non tamers that have no need for pets whatsoever.
Consider, though, that once you stone lore/taming, your stable will become inaccessible (read: full). That would be the downside to using this method.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no real down side to this either, as you can simply, in the blink of an eye, reconfigure your character any way you want it.

Go out to tame? Ok 120 Lore, Taming and Veterinary (if your going to beat something down), put on choice (stealth or peace or disco or Para) of template through Soul Stone.

Go stable the pet, then become what ever Template you want to be while the pet is bonding.

Oh, now you want to go do something with a friend(s) and they need your pet? No problem, reload up Lore and Taming and Veterinary only if you need to vet the pet. Customize the rest of the template to match up to the Encounter.

Oh can't stable that pet you took out, no problem off load a skill to a Soul Stone and load up Veterinary and stable the pet, then off load the Veterinary to a Soul Stone and reconfigure the character.

No real down side to this at all, as long as there is a unlimited no time delay Soul Stone.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was the answer i was looking for! I have never done this before and i didnt want to loose one of my trained or rare pets.

Thanks guys.
Butters, I can always hold pets for you, just PM me if you've not already managed it. :)