• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Someone please explain subscribing

• Thread starter Inge Jones
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Inge Jones

I tried this in another thread but it was overlooked. I am using EA Land because someone told me there was a free trial going on. I am happy to subscribe if it gets me some benefits, but I can't find out anywhere what benefits a subscription would bring, if any?

Also, I want to know whether if I take out a paid subscription will my sim suddenly get moved to another location or will I be able to continue interacting with the other players I have already started getting to know?

B

B Jordan

Currently, you're playing a 14 day trial. Therefore a paid subscription will get you more than 14 days.

When free accounts are avaliable, the difference will be paid accounts can upload custom content, own bigger/max size lots, visit all types of lots, and we don't know what else yet.

I

Inge Jones

Thank you! Next question is "how?" If I were to pay today, would I find my sim on the main game rather than EA Land, or would I stay on EA Land waiting for the other players to be gradually moved to join me?

D

DGLita

your sim will stay where it is now, but you will have much better benefits for playing

I

Inge Jones

Hmm ok I logged into my EA account which I already had anyway due to playing Sims 1 and 2. I appear to be registered for Sims Online rather than EA Land, even though I am playing EA Land. Upon trying to start a paid subscription for EA Land it said the page was not available. However it seems to be possible to "update payment info" for Sims Online. I am scared of getting myself trapped by choosing the wrong option. I already got locked out of being able to register SimCity4 presumably by clicking the wrong thing at the wrong time. I spent a week in Helpdesk over that and never did succeed in registering SimCity4 onto my account.

T

turtleface

None of us are subscribed with the little ea land icon, as far as i know. For now we all just subscribe to the sims online. You sim will stay in ea land. ea land is the 'main game' now... hardly anyone is playing in the other cities anymore.

G

The game is in the transistion stage, and so is the account page. Eventually we will all be registered to EA-Land, and The Sims Online will not be an option, I believe.

When you transition from a trial account (not to be confused with a Free Account) to regular subscription, the only thing that changes, is that you are eligible for all the additional benefits of a premium account. Which at the moment include:

*Custom Content
*Bonus Payments
*Anniversery Gifts
*All earned skill locks
*Playing in both TC3 and EA-Land

We do not currently know the full extent of the restictions on Free Accounts or how they will transition into full accounts, but some of the restrictions are:

No Custom Content
No bonus money
Limited access to lot catagories (thus no ability to earn money at jobs or objects)
Can not own a lot size bigger than '0' (6 x 6)
Can only create 1 avatar

Hope this helps to answer your concerns.

G

Sorry to sneak in here but since I'm still a newbie (going on 4 days) what exactly did you mean by bonus payments? I've heard this a time or two along with weekly bonuses and I don't understand what it means.

G

Full subscribers (in EA-Land,not production cities) are eligilble for weekly bonuses....currently §500...on one avatar per account.

G

Wow so I'll get $500 every 7 days? Thats awesome! I had no idea. I thought it was just a one time deal when you first created a sim in EA Land.

I

Inge Jones

Now I can't find my way back to the subscription page at all! Doesn't anyone want my money? They don't make it very easy to actually subscribe. Why isn't there a link from the game login screen?

I

Inge Jones

Ok I found my way to the subscription page and subscribed. Then I logged back into the game and I can't see any lots or players at all
I don't think subscribing was such a great move :cries:

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I found my way to the subscription page and subscribed. Then I logged back into the game and I can't see any lots or players at all
I don't think subscribing was such a great move :cries:

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the game Inge. We have maintenance in the morning for the cities and sometimes they are slow to come back up. Try again. If you are still having a problem please tell us step by step what you are doing to get in the game and what you experience. That way one of the tech experts here can help you.

Are you the same Inge from Simlogical?

I

Inge Jones

Yes I am lol. Ok I found some people - we're meant to be doing pizza but half of them went afk. I am hiding under the pizza bench to keep my motives up while I wait.

I

imported_remflyer

When I find you in the game I will be doing the worship interaction on you.

You created many wonderful hacks for the Sims' games that made my game a lot more enjoyable. Although you will not be allowed to make hacks here eventually you might try creating new behaviors for our sims when they give us the program to do that. Can't wait to see what you might come up with.

I

Inge Jones

I don't suppose they want people making mood and skill hacks, but something like my auto-closing curtains might be suitable. There are already lockable doors, but again some more locking options might come in handy and would not spoil the game.

I

Inge Jones

Ok now I am really fedup! The other sims in the game just told me I have been doing all this work for nothing in a temporary test area and I can't use any of my skills in the "proper" game. I don't even know how to get into the proper game - there are about 6 options in my login and I have no idea which one I should have been choosing. I went with the default and it got me into the test area. So where and which IS the full game with all the other people in it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok now I am really fedup! The other sims in the game just told me I have been doing all this work for nothing in a temporary test area and I can't use any of my skills in the "proper" game. I don't even know how to get into the proper game - there are about 6 options in my login and I have no idea which one I should have been choosing. I went with the default and it got me into the test area. So where and which IS the full game with all the other people in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you go to log on click the box next to "EA Land" instead of TC3.

You will create a new sim and be part of the main server. You may be a little mad but on the bright side there are a lot more players there.

I

Inge Jones

Nope, apparently even though I subscribed I still can't use the main game until my 2 weeks trial is up. No point wasting effort skilling a sim for the next 10 days that is only going to have to be abandoned.

I cancelled.