• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

some tips about Savage Coast

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Zosimus has been dealing with the same thing. He was under NDA, while other sites were releasing leaks. :<

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You'll both be better off in the long run. No use risking your relationship with your game publishers over a couple little spikes in traffic, honestly. You've both made good decisions (in my uninformed opinion). :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually if the site was already had permissionon a certain date to release the info then it be no problem. I know on GW2 Beta Press releases some press sites "accidently " released the info before they were suppose to. ArenaNet guess made them take it back down from wat I understood.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
ArenaNet is great, but Funcom might be even more amicable to granting these types of leaks. Don't know this for sure, but Funcom seems really conscientious toward fansites. They have multiple WordPress templates in their fansite kit, for goodness' sake.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice.

So Flutter has an advantage. How come that doesn't surprise me lol.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
LOL
I'm not saying anyone had or did not have permission for information as I honestly don't know.

I know of one incidence where one fellow was claiming in his youtube video that "Funcom asked him to make this video and review the game" when they most certainly did no such thing. He got away with it by only showing the open beta content in his video, but still one should tread lightly I think. (He also goes on to claim that he'd never played it before but then exposed himself as a liar later in the video)
Better we just wait until the final version of the game is released anyway. In the mean time I'll take some fun screenshots this weekend if/when I get a chance irl to get on there and play. I need to get a screenshot to get some things for my new sig that no one has time to make me that I'm going to have to make myself and is gonna be ugly because I have no talent for anything but run on sentences.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think they released NDA when the weekend things started, thats what I assumed cause there is all kinds of info available on weapon skills and abilities. In my guild, OTG, they set up a seperate forums for beta players use. And still there were ability chartsin the public forums. They have always been very sticky about NDA. Ya all want me to take out the links?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think they released NDA when the weekend things started, thats what I assumed cause there is all kinds of info available on weapon skills and abilities. In my guild, OTG, they set up a seperate forums for beta players use. And still there were ability chartsin the public forums. They have always been very sticky about NDA. Ya all want me to take out the links?
The client the closed beta members are using is different then the client the weekend open beta participants use. The NDA definitely hasn't been lifted. Several people have already gotten quickly silenced for posting the wrong thing in the wrong area of the official forums.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
ok well good at least I know for sure that I can talk about the weekend stuff