• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some "tech" help please....

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please help me with a wireless mouse issue, I am running a newer windows 10 laptop. I am on a laptop trying to play after suffering 7 strokes and being stuck in the hospital for an extended period of time, among other medical problems. The problem I am having is the tracking of the mouse...... the mouse is like it doesnt have the right drivers sometimes it works some times it is all willy nilly and bounces around.

or s

IO

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please help me with a wireless mouse issue, I am running a newer windows 10 laptop. I am on a laptop trying to play after suffering 7 strokes and being stuck in the hospital for an extended period of time, among other medical problems. The problem I am having is the tracking of the mouse...... the mouse is like it doesnt have the right drivers sometimes it works some times it is all willy nilly and bounces around.

or s

IO
Are you using a mouse pad? My optical mouse bounces around when not on one.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

or s

IO
Could be a few things...

Xris' theory with a mousepad is a solid one and probably right.
Batteries are low is another...
Mouse Sensitivity is too high? You can change on Win 10 by typing Mouse Settings in the search menu by the windows icon on the bottom of your screen. Then click the "Additional mouse options" on the right. Then go to the Pointer Options tab and slow down the mouse speed. I like to check "show location of mouse when I push control".
Some mouse have settings on them for the sensitivity too. You'd have to check the manual for yours. Mine, for example, slows down if I click in the middle wheel.

Sorry about your strokes dude.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can run into this with usb ports assinged to multiple items. So before going nuts, try changing the usb port

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As Maximus said, if you have a hair or anything in the hole it can do that too. I've had that happen so many times.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You may need to reset the connection if someone else in the house near you is using one as well. My wife and I use to use them and sometimes it would interfere and one of us would have to press the button on the receiver and the mouse to be on a different frequency than the other person. If it wasn't that, it was usually batteries as Lore stated above.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you happen to have the make/model of mouse? Depending on the technology, that could help in the troubleshooting--but I think all of the advice so far should help--changing sensitivity settings, looking to see if batteries are low, looking to see if there may be an obstruction, or something to clean...making sure your surface and/or mousepad is clean and the textures are being interpreted properly by the mouse...

By the way--I got a Logitech G PRO Hero mouse not too long ago, and I LOVE it. You can get a wireless version for I think $130 but the wired is only $60 and it is worth it because the left/right clicks are mechanical. I have been using cheap mice like $20 mice forever...since I started playing UO when T2A came out to now I have never had a decent mouse because I have never felt I could justify the cost:

Just in the case you end up thinking it is time for a new mouse, but hopefully you can get the one you have going!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Make sure if you are using an optical mouse on a laptop, you disable the mouse pad. You'd be shocked how much you'll "bump" it and don't realize it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ditto on the recommendation to disable the mouse pad.

And, I had such crappy results using a wireless mouse that I threw it against a concrete wall, bought a wired mouse, and have never looked back. Using a wired mouse means that there's one less thing to cause a potential bluetooth conflict.