• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some questions on the new things

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  1. How do I get a check to purchase something from another player? I used to say check followed by the amount, and presto a check was there. Now I can withdraw from the bank for small transactions but cant for lets say 4 million. What am I missing?
  2. The new masteries. Do you have to do the quest to make them active? I read somewhere on stratics that you could just use the BARD Mastery book. I ate one of the mastery pieces and then switched to that mastery, but cant get any icons to activate that mastery. I do have above 90 in that skill. I did not do the quest from the guy next to the gate.
The dragon turtle egg is the last thing but I have not read up on that. So off to research what to do for the hatching process.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is probably a bit redundant for you, but I couldn't tell exactly where you were having trouble.

For the new masteries, you need a Mastery Book. Which you can get in one of two ways.
  1. Complete any of the 3 bard masteries quests and you will get a Mastery Book.
  2. Complete Hawkwind's quest and you will get a Mastery Book.
Then, you need to get the Mastery Primers, these are different from the Mastery Book.

Think of the Mastery Book like a spell book, and the Mastery Primers like individual scrolls that activate the spells in the spell book.

When you have a Mastery Primer, double click on it to consume it.
Next, right click on the Mastery Book, choose the "Switch Mastery" option, and select the mastery you want to use. (This must be a mastery for which you have consumed a primer.)
Finally, double click on the Mastery Book to open it. The icons for the "active" mastery, the one you chose in the previous step, will be on the right side of the book.

Also, all of the existing Bard Mastery Books (with 6 spells) were converted to Mastery Books (with 45 spells). Some of the books did not convert properly and ended up as Mastery Books (6 Spells). These are bugged.

If you are using a Bard Mastery Book (one you had from before Time of Legends) that was converted to a Mastery Book, that particular Mastery Book may not be working correctly. Highlight the book to see if it has 6 spells or 45 spells. If it's only 6 spells, go do one of the quests mentioned above and get a new Mastery Book (45 spells). Any primers your character has consumed will be remembered and available with the new properly working Mastery Book (45 Spells).

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in the trade window, at the bottom, there is an option to type in the amount of gold you want to pay.