• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some PvP Templates

• Thread starter imported_JediSith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_JediSith

Been thinking of a good template for pvping..

120 Ei
120 magery
120 Resist
120 fencing
100 inscription
90 tactics
40 med

elf 110 125 10 stats

Equiped with

RBC
Hat of Magi
fey leggings
totem of the void
arcane shield
high resist & mana regen gorget/sleeves/gloves.
warfork with high HCI
rings with 2/6 with high hci

or a tank pvp

120 Ei
120 parry - to allow character to take a bit of damage
120 magery
120 Resist
120 wrestling - for disarm
100 inscription - extra spell damage
20 med

elf 110 125 10 stats

RBC
Hat of Magi
fey leggings
totem of the void
arcane shield
high resist & mana regen gorget/sleeves/gloves.
maybe scappers spellbook
rings with 2/6 with high hci

I

imported_GFY

I have a friends that plays template B. He does VERY well but he has been playing for 10 years!

The players I know that try template A run into a few problems.

They can easily be disarmed or have their stam dropped to nothing making their swing speed a joke. Because there dex is lower then a true dexxer.

They usually have mana issues more then a "straight" mage because they need to have a higher dex, again for higher swing speed.

M

Mr Mischief

From all of my template testing on the TC lately, I've come to find that necro/mage and scribe/mage work best, necro for soloing, scribe for fielding with others.

I wasn't impressed with modern tanks, because of the potential for disarm basically ruining your day, as well as requiring mana to basically get your melee to do even suitable damage make for a major drawback.

Definantly viable, you just have to be quick on your feet for it to work.

I

imported_GFY

Even to just be able to use weapon specials you need 90 tactics. If you want to add poisoning you need to subtract from the mage portion of your template to make things work.

UO seems to be working towards a cookie cutter template game. Meaning everyone will be running the same templates. I really hope if they come up with some nice new skills in the next expansion they give us some more SKILL POINTS to be able to actually use them!