• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some of you UO people need some serious intervention.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love UO, and have loved playing it since late 97, but damn. Some of you people must totally live and breathe this game, even at middle age and beyond. I won't name names, but holy cow, is UO simply your first thought when you open your damn eyes in the morning? Do your children at least get breakfast before you leave them to the TV set while you spend the rest of the day in a virtual coma? That is, if you really have children. It's ok if you live in Moms Basement ala many of the players on LA, but at least come out and admit the truth. Then those of us (myself mainly), won't be so negative against you about your unstoppable addiction.

BTW, I'm guessing I just broke the SnR posting guidelines, but after reading them, 1 or 2 are actually fine for this forum, the rest just don't seem like they should apply to a Rant, which is what this is.

I

imported_Desolation87

<blockquote><hr>

That is, if you really have children. It's ok if you live in Moms Basement ala many of the players on LA,

[/ QUOTE ]

LA = Cool.

BTW all addictions are stopable, just need the right support. And to make fun of what is/could be a serious problem isn't fair.

http://www.netaddiction.com/whatis.htm

G

Agreed.

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying a game as a pastime or even a hobby but for some folks on these boards its an unhealthy obsession. Some of the stuff they post really is worrying to the point that if they pulled the plug on UO I'm sure there'd be a few manic depressives emerging or even suicides. I'm serios. Some people have a real problem and probably dont even realise it.

Its. a. game.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually quit UO when I was going through a depression. When I was overheard telling one of my friends what I was going through, a certain PvPer told me to slit my wrists, drink some bleach, and make a webcam site so he could watch it. I lost so much faith in UO after hearing that, made me quit for a year and a half.

E

eolsunder1

Nothing wrong with loving to play games. Many people have addictions or hobbies to past the time. Many of us happen to like playing UO. Yep, when i was really hooked, i would lose sleep over playing, I would lose work over playing. I would set my alarm to get up at server up so I could try for daily rares.

I would often go to sleep, wake up during the night, instantly get out of bed and log into UO to play until I got tired again. I would call in "sick" because I might be doing an Idoc, or some important trading back when i was a trader.

Then again, I don't jump out of bed and smoke a cig. I don't get home and have a beer. I don't have to go to soccer practice every night for the kids. I don't sit in front of the TV every evening watching shows. I don't have any cookies about, nor icecream.

Some have other hobbies and addictions. I play UO.

F

Fayled Dhreams

too late ... with your "intervention talk"

South park already has an episode called "<u>Over Logging</u>"

Your the odd one out ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Many people have addictions or hobbies to past the time.

[/ QUOTE ]For some, attacking individuals or groups on the internet is their hobby