• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some of us are approaching 2,000 days..

F

Fool at TC

Therefor, pretty close to 120 skill locks.

And once this time comes around, I am asking.. no, begging.
Please, oh please, mighty EALand overlords.. please let us old sims bask in our glory of a decay-free life! I am really hoping they don't just raise all the skills by 10 like last time. If that happens, the way I see it:

1) The devs have to waste a bunch of time making new crafts, new interactions, and making our skill bars up to 30, and probably new skill items as well. This time could be spent doing better stuff, like fixing the already broken stuff in game.

2) Noobies will have to work even harder to get good skills, and countless more hours will be thrown away to the boringness that is skilling.

3) Old sims with close to max skills will no longer be that. We will need to skill again, oh please don't make us do it!

Thoughts?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am really hoping they don't just raise all the skills by 10 like last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That would suck! If we did that, I would go into hiding for a while. Yeah, I'm a [censored] and proud of it!!

Edited: I can't say [censored]?

I

imported_rpsky3

yes please what he said! no more skilling, i remember when we had it to 10! please let us "oldies" rest! thank you devs!!!!!

yes, it would suck lol

G

If, they did raise the skill to 30.99. They, have to raise the speed aswell.

but, I'm a oldie aswell. So, I'm with ya.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Please, oh please, mighty EALand overlords.. please let us old sims bask in our glory of a decay-free life! I am really hoping they don't just raise all the skills by 10 like last time. If that happens, the way I see it:

1) The devs have to waste a bunch of time making new crafts, new interactions, and making our skill bars up to 30, and probably new skill items as well. This time could be spent doing better stuff, like fixing the already broken stuff in game.

2) Noobies will have to work even harder to get good skills, and countless more hours will be thrown away to the boringness that is skilling.

3) Old sims with close to max skills will no longer be that. We will need to skill again, oh please don't make us do it!

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! We already had to do that once, I hope not again.

B

bustamoove

I dont think it will cause much of a problem. I have 106 locks right now and havent gotten my 107th in like 6 weeks.
I have heard of other players having the problem of not receiving locks as well.
I think a simple solution would be either
a) If we have kept our sims this long, dont make us skill anymore!
or
b) Hault skill locks at 110 or 115 (if they havent gotten that far yet)

but i do have to say its not fair to the young sims and or new players that skills be raised because we were responsible enough to keep ours long

G

That's no small 'feet' to be almost 2000 days old. That is awesome. Maybe some type of statue saying so would be great.

G

At 1000 days we had a big party in IH, I still have the signs!

I say a 2000 day bash is a must!

G

A definite must !

You know what would have been great if money was no object - to have planned a mass party, moved our houses and got a shedload of spotlights.

We could have spelled out 2000 in lights across the world map.

Polly

H

HoTDeViL

ohh yesssss PARTY!!!!!!
let us celebrate the 2000 days party in EA-Townhall lol
I will bring a barrel of rum

N

NightFlyer

"It would have made an awesome April Fool's joke !"

Polly, darling, please don't give them any ideas!

btw.... Polly rocks!

G

For what it is worth, we currently do not have any intentions of raising skills.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For what it is worth, we currently do not have any intentions of raising skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any intentions of doing away with skills all together? That was a rumor I heard and I was v v saddened haha

F

Fool at TC

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys have intentions of doing anything to skills or skill locks at all?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard? As soon as sims start hitting 2000 its predicted that the old millennium bug will kick in and all skill locks will spontaneously explode.

Ok I'll stop now.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard? As soon as sims start hitting 2000 its predicted that the old millennium bug will kick in and all skill locks will spontaneously explode.

Ok I'll stop now.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

During the explosion, all sims across EA-Land will silmutaneously pee themselves, cry, and have a meltdown!

Okies, nvm.

::puts herself &amp; Polly on time-out::

I

imported_MattelMichele

PARTY~!~

Now, wouldn't it just be cool if we had "Throw Pie" interaction, then we could pelt one another, get messy, and maybe make that lazy butt scratching maid earn her keep

....then again.....

maybe that's a bad idea - forget i mentioned that

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll stop now.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Old millennium bug...
hehe...
Couldn't have imagined saying that 8 years ago.

::But back on topic::
What about those of us who are turning 2001 days old? What about when we are 2050 days old? Why can't it be those numbers instead of 2000? HUH? HUH? Yeah, that's right, because we're all anti-odd numbers.

I

imported_Spacey

I would hate for it to be raised again too. What I would love to see is a whole new skill. I made some suggestions in the "fun" thread the devs posted on tso-e a while ago. It would give us something more to work toward (different interactions, jobs, and/or craft objects). It would still take skilling, but it would brand new... and you have to agree - less painful than tacking 10 more points on to everything. I do agree that we should get to enjoy our old age and not have to skill more on those same skills we have had since day one. Maybe we can try a new skill sometime soon. Suggestions anyone?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Over 400 more days to go.

*Kicks self for recreating so much*

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

I would hate for it to be raised again too. What I would love to see is a whole new skill. I made some suggestions in the "fun" thread the devs posted on tso-e a while ago. It would give us something more to work toward (different interactions, jobs, and/or craft objects). It would still take skilling, but it would brand new... and you have to agree - less painful than tacking 10 more points on to everything. I do agree that we should get to enjoy our old age and not have to skill more on those same skills we have had since day one. Maybe we can try a new skill sometime soon. Suggestions anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

MAGIC SKILL lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in order for the game to continue to evolve they will HAVE to *eventually* extend the caps. The upper limit I remember being discussed back when the 'new' cap became 20.99 was that eventually it could go as high as 100 per skill. Otherwise, what will sims who get 120 skill locks get for their entitlement days beyond that? If there's no more incentive for paying days other than anniversary objects that could make people quit too because there's no more incentive to keep paying to play.

I do think though that the rate for gaining skill ought to go back to the beginning for the next 20 points instead of getting progressively worse from how slow it is at 20.99. Club Pogo does a similar thing when they add new ranks and badges to a game.....say a game starts out with 25 ranks, and they add 25 more. Each rank progression gets harder from rank 1 to rank 25, but at rank 26 its the same difficulty or almost the same as progressing from rank 1-2, and then gets progressively harder again so that getting rank 50 is as hard as getting rank 25. If they do add more skills, I'd like to see something similiar done as far as how fast you get the second set of 20 points.

And more craftables, I say BRING IT ON! I love love love crafting, even with the expense involved. And while they are at it, maybe they can add more levels to the sim jobs with pay commensorate for skill points higher than 10. I never did understand why there was nothing added to give an incentive to gain from 10-20 in the respective skill.....I really think there should be.

G

Pie-throwing would rock!

I did some calculations and - given that Sim-time is 1/12th real time, you 2000-day-old sims are reaching 66 years old in sim-years! So, congrats, you old fogies!

Perhaps, once a sim reaches 2000 days, their skill locks should degrade... *runs away quickly before someone can pelt her with false teeth*

G

<blockquote><hr>

NO SKILL DECAY GET RID OF IT!!!

Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

That will never, and should never happen. If sims could skill once and never have to skill again, then what would be the use in skill locks and what would you propose players receive every 21 additional entitlement days that they incur? I've actually found skilling to be quite pleasant and I have been doing ALOT of it trying to get 7 sims to max 3 speeds and only one of those is on a separate account where I can skill them both at once. I REALLLLLLLY wish we had the option to play more than one of our avatars on the same account at a time. My crafting club would have been long skilled by now. Anyway, point being that the skill houses I've visited in TC3 have all had friendly 'jump right in!' conversations......my experience in EA Land was much like alot of the 'big' people in the production cities got to be. You know the 'high and mighty my bodily excretions smell like roses' type folks, otherwise known as elitists, and many admit that they have zero tolerance for newbies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Like that means anything. I have heard that about so many things in old Simland and BANG what we were told would not change in Ealand, DID. If they thought they could get us to use the ATM more often by giving us more skills to lock you know it would happen.

I am surprised it has not happened yet. Remember last time we got 60 more skill bars and 10 more locks (or was it 20 more locks don’t remember too long ago), …… Just think of all the apples that would be sold which would mean with these really low payouts how many people would have to visit the ATM if they did not want to take the 50 to 75 hours it would take to max skill to 30.99 or the 25 hours to skill up a new skill to 20.99. hahahahah

Adding a new skill that had benefits that would add to the over all game playing would be great. But then someone would have to figure out new items to craft that takes three skills and more actions. Which I think would be really wonderful for the game if we could afford to craft anymore. At the moment, with the payouts so very very very low only apple sellers can craft. Heavens only people that lots full of trees have any money, which is a whole different topic that has not been addressed by the devs.

Increasing the present skills to 30.99 would just be one more insult to the 5 year players if the benefits did not out rule the pain of skilling. (After 75 hours of skilling we could maybe make what $2 on a skill bonus.) We have been this games bread and butter and have yet to get that ugly gold glob that is going to be our 4th year gift. The 5th year gift.....well who knows if that will ever appear?

No matter what we should all get 10 more locks. Right now with the payouts so dang low it may not really matter. But for new Sims who don’t have enough locks to max one skill and get at least 8 in Creativity to find their singing voice so they can make friends and green faster it is a hard road to play. Re skilling over and over the same skill bars gets very old very fast.

M

mike1977

The idea was to specialize. You skill up to how many you can lock, and do your thing in the game until you get another lock (unless I guess it was teaching or crafting).